LetMeGo2 LetMeGo2 41-45, F 22 Answers Feb 7, 2010

There are many translations because people want the bible to be understandable to them (a good thing).

The KJV is hard (but not impossible) to understand because we don’t talk like that anymore.

The NASV is closer to how we talk, but even that is beginning to become “antiquated (in language usage only). We have to be careful that translations are accurate to the original language (Hebrew and Greek), as some words in Hebrew and Greek have no equivalent word in the English language.

Personally I use a CEV translation and I have found a few places where the translator “took liberties” when translating and added a few “extra” words.

Best Answer

I don't think there's enough, really. We should invent more bibles, such as versions where Jesus crucifies all the white people, others where God burns up all the black people, editions where Moses reveals himself to be Charles Darwin and declares ********** a holy sacrament and at least a few million copies that are based on the Mad Libs "fill in the blanks" concept. That way everyone can hold a book that can back up their narrow minded, fear-based beliefs and blame it on a divine authority of some kind when asked to think for themselves.

Best Answer

Because men wrote the first one, and every one thereafter..And you know how folks keep changing their minds...Can't decide how they want God to be....

Best Answer

That's an easy one. It's an old book and been rewritten and reintrepreted many times. Like other stories such as popular fairy tails there are many versions.

Best Answer

Because many humans claim to know exactly what is the Will of God, and many others believe in them.

Best Answer

Money talks, so the books are re-written to satisfy the wealth of the collection plate. Of course, why not have a forgivable sin so people can redeem themselves by being allowed to purchase themselves out of purgatory and continue their sins on a pay as you go, basis.

King James, sent out his Scholars to find the best believed philosophies of this Mythology of Church and Religion. Thus writing his version of Christianity.

Since this time, many Churches have sprung up to get a piece of the Piety Pie. Everyone is looking for their piece of the Root of Evil. It's no fun to sin, unless we can be forgiven. Get it?

Best Answer

Because all good fiction is revised from time to time.

Best Answer

What better way for the Devil to deceive Gods people than to change to word to put you in subject of man as if his laws were God.

Read King James original. Romans 13 and compare the Chapter to all the other Bibles and you will see.

God's government is Preachers, teachers, ministers and so on. They handle Gods laws of Love not man.

Most of the new translations left out 1/3 of the God which is the Holy Ghost.

The Holy ghost is the Teacher, Leader,guider of all Truth and righteousness and the Comforter.

The interpreter that Jesus sent back from heaven for us so we can his word in truth.

That its meaning has been hidden from the world since the beginning.

The new translations put Holy Spirit in place of the Holy Ghost.

Holy Spirit is the Father and God almighty. two different parts of God. All are in One but The Father part is not here yet.

I would stick to the King James version and let the Lord the one that helps you to rightly divide the word in truth.

Best Answer

written in Hebrew and Latin predominately..and translated so many times..so all can understand..but' changed still same meaning .as any translation in any story it changes each time....and u i believe what we want..to each it has a different meaning..

Best Answer

Ya Know I always wondered that my self. The only thing I can come up with is it is based on segregation. When people have a hard time accepting what a church believes in they invent another religion. No pun intended so please dont get me wrong because I believe that all religeions will be in heaven. You will see penticostal, catholic, presbyterian ETC... all there. The bible does state that you are judged according to you knowledge and the religion you grew up with is your knowledge. As long as you believe in God with all your heart and believe that he sent his son to die for your sins and live a righteous life as you have been brought up you WILL make it.

Best Answer

Different translations. My faves are the Amplified Bible (AMP) and New American Standard Version (NASV). The history of the translations is quite fascinating, but I find these two to be the most reliable and true to original Hebrew and Greek meanings. have you been to biblegateway.com? You can look up verses in several versions at the same time!

Best Answer

God has given each and every mind a unique perspective of their own environment. Even with all the versions, the message is the same.

Best Answer

To my mind, it's because those who interpret the so called word of God can't agree on how it should be understood. Sometimes a literal translation is different from the context or ideas as a whole.

Best Answer

so people can interpret it to mean whatever they want it to mean. hehe

Best Answer

Cause a lot of people got excited over writing the story.

Best Answer

there was more then one person named God back in the day

Best Answer