Tanning until your skins orange, Dying your hair until it's fried to a crisp, Putting a pound of make up on your face and so much more. Why can't people just be themselves? It disquisting seeing all these fake barbie dolls around.
YellowLadyBug YellowLadyBug 18-21, F 19 Answers Sep 7, 2010

are you hating on them cause you're ulgy and could never look like a barbie doll?

at least these people care about how they look and spend time on themselves

face it>we live in a visual society

Best Answer

No, I'm not hating on them. I just think it's ridiculous that someone has to put on a pound of makeup just to feel confident with themselves. And for your information i'm not ugly by any means i can be told im beautiful without looking like a fake bimbo. And i take it your one of those barbie dolls right? Yeah, obviously you dont have confidence without your mask. Makeup isn't beauty, It just covers who you really are.

Best Answer

Thats not a "fake" person, that's just people who wear to much tan, fake nail's ect, who cares? They probaly think people who don't look like that need to put more effort into their appearance

Best Answer

If your meaning FAKE as on ep (multiple identies} mainly because they are sad, sick, individuals, who prey on the vurenarable, just like they did with my friend, and who stiil mail her, trying to convince her of their innocence...It wont work...they have been well sussed....

And just in case you are reading this, you little transgendered goody goody' I stick to my promise.....

LEAVE HER ALONE or I won't hesitate in naming "you" and the rest of your fake identities......Saddo

Best Answer

because society, tv ads, movies.. all that we are surrounded by, says we need to look, act and be a certain way.. shape, size in order to be accepted and loved. So we starve ourselves, throw up, tan ourselves to the point of skin cancer, we spend thousands on "cosmetics" to make ourselves appear to be what society says we need to be.

Best Answer

Yeah it's ridiculous! Why can't someone just be beautiful without having to put a mask on.

Best Answer

I am very happy with the way I look and do not need makeup (or very little). Everything is real and I've worked hard to maintain being young-looking for 43. And there are many, many others who generally like the way they are, but they seemed to be looked at as vain. Me? No! Far from it!

Best Answer

LMAO, wasn't there a line in the Movie "Mrs Robnison"..... "Plastics, My Boy..." Everyone has right on how they want to look--its their thing. I find it as part of the human condition. We need to feel good about ouselves and yes some do get carried away but we all do it in some form or manner--I include myself as well. I do agree in being genuine as well but that must come from the heart, all the rest is just really cosmetic.

Best Answer

THey are too afraid to show who they really are so they hide behind their facade and try to become someone that they think society wants

Best Answer

I know it's the general idea that looking "fake" and trying to look like Barbie dolls is a bad thing. But is it really that terrible if it boosts people's self esteems and helps lift one of the many insecurities people have these days? Of course, feeling comfortable in your own skin is the purest and healthiest form of confidence you can have when it comes to appearance but what if someone just isn't strong enough to achieve that? Should they sit back and just feel bad about themselves?

Best Answer

Why do we put on clothes and don't run around naked? Because we all have insecurities. Once people reach a certain age, shame becomes engraved. Some people overcome certain aspects of shame, and others do not. It all depends on health, comfort, impression, art, influence, self-esteem, so many different variables.

Best Answer

Because for some people it is easier to be fake then to face who they truly are and possibly not be liked by others.

Best Answer

Money. It's all about the money, honey.

Best Answer

Why doe's that bother You? Putting on make-up, dyeing their hair, Tanning, is who they are, and who they

want to be. Live and let live...

Best Answer

There are a zillion reasons people try to be what they aren't. Or try to appear better than they are. The examples that you list are just a tiny example. Young people want to look older. Older people want to look younger. People want to look successful, more sexual, thin, powerful, wealthy.... everyone is in competition with everyone else it seems. And all are trying to get as close as possible to that perfect image.

You generally find this with people who feel they have never been truly loved for who they are. But you also find it among people who simply want to be pleased by what they see in the mirror. It is a rare person who can face life without such concerns.

Best Answer