Pace of life with the inevitable fightback by the human body.

Best Answer

Because a negative force that we know as Evil is trying to wipe out humanity, and is doing so through technology, what we eat, what we wear and how we perceive ourselves. The reality we've been fed is a complete lie, and we're feeling the strain of this materialistic life.

Best Answer

LOL..asks the pot to the kettle.

Best Answer

Life is getting faster. The need to suceed is getting greater. The pressure to become financially secure at a younger age is becoming greater. Children are growing faster and are no longer children even though their age dictates they are. There are conflicts in what is considered Socially acceptable, just as there are conflicts in what is considered Politically correct. The less fortunate are being held back as the Policies which help to support them continue to fail them; sometimes, turning their backs on them. To mention just a few of moden Society which changes so fast that it's hard for people to keep up.<br />
Is it any real wonder that there are those who feel under such great stress that they buckle under the pressure and find themselves in a state of depression?<br />
~F~

Best Answer

global warming (regardless of the cause), depleating resources, loss of democracy, totally ridiculous working arragements, massive corporate corruption everywhere, ridiculous fr<x>amework for spirtuality, institutionalized sexual repression, rising costs of everything, TV lies, loss of democracy its somewhat surprising anyone is NOT depressed

Best Answer

It isn't more. Finally empowered depressed people are willing to talk about IT. Stigma had compelled people to hide their pain out of fear of being labeled, losing jobs and giving any adversary the excuse to prevail by declaring "you're crazy". We aren’t crazy. We are often right despite being ill. We are capable and in fact quite proficient in employment despite depression. The number of mentally ill people hasn’t changed. The number of mentally ill people courageous enough to expose themselves has.

Best Answer

Probably because my cat is bloody missing. ><

Best Answer

Are we? I'm not sure.<br />
I think that a lot more people are talking about it now...sharing it or trying to medicate it. Studying its origins and treatment.<br />
And there's the idea that we are "supposed to be happy" that we are more focused on.<br />
I think that there's a good chance that it's the attitude and awareness of depression that has changed. It seems to me that it's quite likely that depression has always been fairly common, it's just that people handled it differently. I think that people just dealt with it and went on with the business of staying alive in the older days. I suppose it was a less self centered sort of life- you went to work because you needed to eat- not because you thought you'd be "fulfilled" by it or enjoy it really. You worshipped God because that's what you were supposed to do, not because you expected to feel happy all the time. Sex was treated differently, as was marriage. I think that people were once more practical, not necessarily less depressed. And it wasn't all about "me" and "how I feel".

Best Answer

Not sure....maybe we just are seeing it more because we are aware of it.

Best Answer