MrCouture MrCouture 22-25, M 13 Answers Jan 27 in Community

have you taken a look at society lately...love, we are not that intelligent

Best Answer

We tend to think of ourselves as being more intelligent than all other creatures including dolphins because we invented things like jobs and war and mortgages whereas dolphins simply play and catch fish all day. Dolphins tend to think they're the more intelligent species for exactly the same reasons ;-)

Best Answer

well,God could have had a hand in the evolvement,,

Best Answer

We're just the only ones who claim to be intelligent. Since no others go around saying, for instance, "What a marvel is an octopus," we assume they are stupid.<br />
I think it's to other species' credit that they won't give us the time of day.

Best Answer

There were others. We killed them.

Best Answer

We're intelligent?

Best Answer

I think we use our intelligence the completely wrong way now a day's which makes us look at ourselves as morons.

Best Answer

I think a lot of us are morons

Best Answer

As well, but compared to other species the moron is surprisingly smarter by just a thread

Best Answer

You think? I've met some badgers that are smarter than many of the people I've come across.

Best Answer

Not the only, just the first.

Best Answer

This is a brain teaser. Well, i don't believe in eVolution; i believe in creationism. So my belief is that outside of genetic engineering, cross pollination, and cross breeding animals in order to create a new designer animal, any living being that exists has always existed until it became extinct. My opinion is that we are creative beings and that we were created as Such. But i also question what qualifies being an intelligent being? EXistence consist of many intelligences... the planets stay in orbit according to laws taught in physics. Plants, generally immobile, they proliferate by a supporting a symbiotic relationship with bees, they provide the gaseous balance by which life is sustained. Animals respond to the seasons, changes in environment. Birds nest in places that provide coverage during rain and that give them the best vantage point against potential predators. Other species may not be able to plan far into the future (because squirrels plan to collect and bury food for the cold season) but they are capable of short term planning especially when caring for their young. Instinct is separate from intelligence but they are simply degrees of the same. They cannot talk or write but they do coMmunicate with eachother. In fact, our intelligence makes us no more capable of communicating with species other than our own while, if given the opportunity, they learn our body language, tone of voice. ... which is just about we are able to learn about them. They can't build skyscrapers. .. But nor can many of us. We are intelligent beings but there are also beings that have a different type of intelligence.

Best Answer

I'm sorry, but I just can't get the fact out of my head that you're a creationist. Now I respect other people's views, but creationism is seriously a load of bull to the point that it's hilarious. You people taking the things said in the bible literally, it baffles me. Isn't it ironic how all of those mystical fairy tales or 'miracles' only happened back then? Noah's ark? What did the carnivores eat on the ark? Why did your god make life that has to destroy other life, often cruelly, in order to survive? If humans are special creations, why do we share the traits of violence, lust, rage, tribal warfare, homosexuality, etc. with animals? Why did your god only appear to one group of people? If it can do anything and be everywhere at once, why couldn't it be f*cked to appear to the other people of the world as well? I mean, come on.

Best Answer

Religion is used to explain the unexplained. Period.

Best Answer

I don't believe in eVolution. Why is that an issue for you? I stated that as a preface to my opinion about the question you posed. We learned about eVolution from a book, no? ScienTific hypotheses have never been wrong? I Don't know who "you people" is but i have stated my opinion, not the opinion of others. Not interested in ranting about why you're wrong and I'm right because I dont know... just like you. We dont know...we choose to ascribe to the theories of others. I guess another paradox is that you start off stating that you respect the opinions of others but then go into a tirade. I don't belIeve most tHings in the bible because it is man-made but nor do i believe that a big bang explains the complexities of matter, life, the recurrence of the Fibonacci sequence throughout nature, immaterial realities such as time or the nature of the Mind. Its simply that I am inclined to believe more in creationism than eVolution but I'm fully aware that none of us know anything. .. scienTists are still curious enough to keep searching for the truth but Some pEople are already convinced somehOw. ANother tHing, if you are under the impression that i am a bible thumper, why would you then choose to speak in a derogatory manner about God in an eFfort to make a point that was clear without that? There's more to life than Fighting to be right.

Best Answer

I think humanity should come to the realization that some things are just meant to be left unknown. There's a difference between fighting and simply comparing an opinion/theory to another person's opinion/theory, which I clearly did. If it came across as offensive, well, that's your fault for letting it appear that way.

Best Answer

There are (I think) 27 species of hominids. We're the only ones that have survived

Best Answer

Are you sure?

Best Answer

We might be intelligent but some act like dumbasses i swear

Best Answer