tycamrent tycamrent 22-25, M 19 Answers Dec 23, 2011

First of all, bikinis are made of sturdier and more opaque fabric than undergarments are.<br />
Second, the indecent is a state of mind, a set of customs that vary by place and time. <br />
Where I live, many women of all ages do not wear bikinis in public. The women who do wear bikinis are young and unmarried.<br />
If sexual assault were impossible, and if men had full control over their erections, women going to the supermarket wearing knickers and bra, and swimming and sunbathing naked, would not be noticed.<br />
Likewise, if a man could not have an erection unless a woman deliberately played with his equipment, women would humour naked men. Women's modesty is a concession to man's imperfections.<br />
By 2030, women will have the option to ***** to their bras in any place and time when young men go topless nowadays. My daughters own some black knickers that are almost as covering as bicycle shorts. Stripping down to those knickers and bras will not end modesty as we know it.<br />
100 years ago, women began a Long March to put body shame behind them, and to put paid to the notion that the Male Gaze is a decisive factor in how they dress. The cutting edge of that Long March is swimwear and the sex industry. The bikini began as the pre WWII ********'s g string. That March is by no means over.

Best Answer

I don't think that most women are okay with wearing a bikini in public, I think that those that do are trying to attract attention to themselves. A lot depends on the setting, as a youngster I was quite surprised when in the army on a hot day I came across, in a very conservative area, women working in the fields without their shirts on. No one seemed to mind but me, I was embarrassed.

Best Answer

Actually for most woman I talk to, it's as if the similarity never occured to them.

Best Answer

because it's socially unacceptable and most women wear a bikini cause they're going swimming, theyre not going to go in their clothes so they wear that, not everyone wears them to show off though.

Best Answer

Where I live, women who swim wear sleek one pieces designed by Speedo, Janzen and such. Women who wear bikinis play in the water and lounge on the beach. The bikini is worn to display assets, not as sports wear.

Best Answer

Not an answere

Best Answer

Why is a man comfortable wearing swim trunks in public, but won't walk down the street in his jockey shorts?

Best Answer

1: it would be cold
2: I wear briefs
3: your avoiding the question

Best Answer

I'm saying that men and women have the same attitude towards swimwear/vs underwear. Why single out the women? We both do it because society thinks underwear in public is "naughty". Silly, but true.

Best Answer

Your adding to my point. Men won't even wear shorts in public but women will wear undies on the beach?

Best Answer

What a stupid thread. I'm sorry, I guess you can call me a common sense realist but c'mon are you kidding me? It's all for show ladies. Don't pretend it's not. Men can so easily see that it is, and those of you who argue it isn't just look ridiculous. Seriously.

Best Answer

So a woman will wear the skimpiest most revealing bikini they can find, and its more revealing than mots bras and underwear, and call it ok to stare and gawk as they get wet and constantly "fix" it when it gets out of place (if they feel like it).<br />
But then the same person wears underwear much more conservative compared to their barely there bikini and freak out when someone gives even the slightest look at them.<br />
Both sets do the same exact thing as basic function goes. Both are meant to cover up specific parts of the body and can be made out of ANY material for ANY scenario. And while we're at it, sports bras count among this too. One in the same.

Best Answer

For some it's okay because we have been conditioned to think it's okay, but of course, it is not... wearing your underwear in public is not okay simply because you're at the beach or pool. Of course, many indecent women love flaunting their bodies, so they enjoy this trend very much.

Best Answer

I WOULD wear it in public I just don't because society doesn't accept it.

Best Answer

Is it illegal?

Best Answer

I'm not actually sure

Best Answer

I wish women would push it to acceptance.

Best Answer

Because it's different bikinis have fun in go swimming. underwear/bra sexy,hot,cute you wear underwear /bra to make you look sexy for your husband/boyfriend bikinis to have fun in with your husband /boyfriend

Best Answer

There is a difference between intentionally showing off your body and not. When you want to show off, a bikini is a good way to do so. On the other hand, underwear is not bought or designed for public display and would be classified under 'private'. Although the visuals behind them could be similar, the intent is different. In a womans mind she is not just wearing clothes - she is wearing an outfit for a specific purpose. Im a guy so I could be wrong here...

Best Answer

Yes, you have implied ultimatums which are false. Some bikinis are far more releasing then some underwear. But what you were trying to say fell along the lines of the difference between nude and naked, which is a good point.

Best Answer

I agree that is odd and makes little sense. Even when I had the body for a bikini I never wore one.

Best Answer

cos they think bra+panties are not fashionable enough.

Best Answer

That's women for you, boobs out on the beach not a problem but they gotta wrap those doggies up when they step off the sand...

Best Answer

because i only wear a bikini on the beach, not everywhere. it's different

Best Answer

Becuse there's more pervs?

Best Answer

yeah and because it's not exactly bikini weather in the UK most of the time lol

Best Answer

I meant that all the perverts are waiting at the beach.

Best Answer