Are we forgetting why it was created? To help those in need. I don't deny that there are those that misuse Welfare, but they are in the minority! The majority of people who receive governmental assistance are people that are suffering. The unemployed widow whose kids need to eat, the person who got fired through no real fault of their own. Why are people so selfish that they want to do away with welfare altogether? Do they want the poor to die of hunger, because of their selfishness?
Sesi1990 Sesi1990 22-25, F 16 Answers Nov 7, 2012 in Politics

I am not against welfare for the needy, but in this country we subsidize the rich must more and they pay less in taxes

Best Answer

As someone that has been working legally since I was. 16 and realistically since I was 12 and has never used welfare, I say keep the benefits and focus on eliminating the fraud. I want it to be there if I ever do need it. It's the right thing to do as a society. Most people want to work and contribute. we shouldn't scrap the whole system because there are some that want to steal. the republican mantra that it makes people lazy is a lie.

Best Answer

Then why is it a violation of federal law to feed the bears in a national park? Feeding the bears makes them lazy and unwilling to get their own food. The leeches on welfare are no different except even the lazy bears work harder. Go feel generous with your own money, leave mine to me. We'll both be happier

Best Answer

I can't get over how selfish you are. It's too bad you feel that way and still have to pay taxes. Lol.

Best Answer

I agree Sei1990...cold and selfish are to kind for someone so heartless...he must be a republican't! LOL Pathetic.

Best Answer

Move to Somalia, it's a libertarian paradise. Let me guess, you're Christian...

Best Answer

And you believe that progress means letting you r neighbor starve because of your own selfishness?

Best Answer

Im not,Im against money ALWAYS available for wars,black projects and new ways to kill each other.If the need for this insanity was removed,along with the scum that advocate its the only way,we could ALL enjoy our lives on earth.

Best Answer

What are black projects?

Best Answer

Agreed. A dollar spent on domestic infrastructure brings about $1.33 back to the economy while a dollar spent on defense brings in about 66 cents.

Best Answer

They are the real cutting edge of scientific exploration,in areas where ridicule and denial are the public face of the authorities,including back engineering of recovered ufos,stargates,underground bases capable of housing tens of thousands and being self sufficient,telepathy,telekinesis,telepathy and even more incredible sounding projects.One estimate is that a quarter of the USAs budget is syphoned into this area.

Best Answer

Oh. I agree with cutting back on that, then.

Best Answer

Read up on MK ultra. That is a black project. Realistically it's any project that illegally uses our tax money for unapproved projects.

Best Answer

I am not against welfare in general, but am against the fraud, waste, and those that abuse the system. People on welfare also recieve food stamps, public housing, government phones. What should be short term help, turns into a lifetime of support.

Best Answer

I'm not against it, however I do think they should keep a closer eye on those that receive it .

Best Answer

Unless they're are physically or mentally disabled, **** 'em. I was broke until I went to work. I worked tel jobs to get through college eating mostly pasta and bread. I pay a ton in taxes now and get damned littl for it.

I don't see how one persons need can become another persons obligation. I didn't make them poor, why should my taxes feed them. Genuinely disabled, fine, support them. Forgot the condom six times, **** 'em. They seem to like that.

Best Answer

What if i was to say that you can't drive on the roads that I built with my tax money? Yes, you're being that irrational. Sacrifice for those who can afford it, to help those who can't.

Best Answer

I have no difficulty understanding the puerile pout you made. Yes, screw them. If the ***** donors that fathered these bastards and the ****** that birthed them can't be bothered to feed them, I'm busy too. If you care so much, why dont you feed them or do you need to feel generous because you're willing to spend my money?

Best Answer

So why mention it if you don't understand it. Sarcasm seldom works when writing. I just wanted to establish that you're selfish! I am glad someone finally owned up to that fact, instead of coming up with some b.s justification. It is just utter selfishness. My dear, it could happen to you , someday, so be careful what you say.

Best Answer

I am absolutely selfish; I have a constitutionally protected natural right to be selfish. It's called the pursuit of happiness. It's right there in the founding documents. While you're looking it up try to find a right to public support. If you like the idea, you pay for it. There is no logical justification for you taking my money to give to someone else. Explain how one persons need can become my obligation. I dare you.

Best Answer

It is your obligation as a human being. It is your obligation to contribute to society in more ways than one. That means working and paying taxes to help fund government projects. One of those government projects just happens to be welfare. I am just glad that not everyone is as selfish as you. It is your obligation not to let your fellow human being suffer while you watch.

Best Answer

Please cite the statute that defines this obligation you say I have. I'm not even obligated to put down a newspaper I'm reading if you collapse with a heart attack. I have nonmetal obligation to help someone just because they have a need. There is no constitutional authority for public support, there is constitutional authority for selfishness. **** em if they can't feed their brats, you feed them, leave me out if it. LBJ launched the War on Povery in 1968 and it's cost two trillion dollars since and we have more poor people than ever. Like the welfare recipients, IT'S NOT WORKING! what the hell is so desirable about a program that is so manifestly a total failure? Why don't you leftists at least stage your hold-ups to fund something that works? I realized the concept of "working" may be anathema to your core beliefs but you could at least look into it

Best Answer

I am not talking about a statuate. I am talking about your obligation as a human being. You talk like this because you're online. I dare you to say this aloud to people you know. See how many friends you have left. Unless your friends are as selfish and lacking in morals as you, you won't have many of them left. It doesn't matter whether it's working or not, letting people starve is not an option! The alternative is more dire than the fact that it's not working. Mind you, it wasn't designed as a profit making solution.

Best Answer

So the facts that it doesn't work, it costs a fortune, there is no constitutional basis for it and the recipient base is growing constantly doesn't deter you from pursuing it and you question my judgment? Stop feeding them and they'll stop breeding them, the present plan doesn't work. If you can't understand that you are in no position to give advice.

Best Answer

Let us just agree that you are selfish and I am not and end this debate here and now. Yes, I would rather be in debt than let the poor starve when something can be done about it.

Best Answer

You count yourself generous because you are willing to give my money away and you call me selfish. You have no idea what to do about poverty but you want to keep doing what hasn't worked for nearly fifty years. you really need a good dose of brain drano. Yeah, we can stop discussing it, I'm finding it pointless

Best Answer

I have seen far too much welfare fraud. Not uncommon to receive multiple checks under different names. Govt covers up fraud as it benefits one party at the ballot box..

Best Answer

Not everyone is a fraud, though. Voter fraud is committed, so should we just stop voting completely? You are being irrational and selfish.

Best Answer

You are right 5 and 6th generation welfare recepiants are selfish and irratrional. Young girls who have never had to support a family, pay taxes or serve their country under fire should shut the **** up

Best Answer

No, you should for being a selfish human being. Tell me, how did you manage to live so long and still remain so ignorant? That's what I call a skill.

Best Answer

Ridiculous. It's like saying we shouldn't have fire departments because some people set their own homes on fire. The programs are good. There are some bad seeds that need to be rooted out but the idea is good.

Best Answer

I'm not against it, but I AM in favor of workfare for the able-bodied

Best Answer

I am not against welfare but I am against it going to a lot of people who get it. I live in a not so nice area with a lot of low income families. Most of the people I know who are on welfare do need it but I know many people who are junkies who don't want to work and give their ACCESS cards out in exchange for drugs instead of using them to feed their children.

Best Answer

Yes, but not everyone does that! There are plenty of things that not everyone does that not everyone should be blamed for.

Best Answer

Like I said I am not against it. I know many people who are good people in a bad situation and do need it. I just know a lot of people who take advantage of the system. They have the access card but there is still no food for their children because they used/traded it for blow and heroin. My mother worked her *** off all her life to raise me alone, and I'm sure she could've used the help. Most people don't live in these areas and don't see what goes on though. All they hear about is the people who do take advantage of it and they don't want to help anyone at all anymore. It's sad really but I can't say I blame them. If I wasn't raised the way I was or live where I lived and that's all I ever heard I would probably say cut it all off too.

Best Answer

because ive been working since i was 16 (part time), then full time at 19. never needed a welfare check. not even when i was homeless. if i can do it, why can't others?

Best Answer

Because not everyone has had the same luck you have, or has the fortune of living in areas where there are abundant jobs. I grew up working on farms, ranches, etc. I've been employed all my life. And I have less now than I did when I was 20.

Best Answer

sundance ritual, been there done that

Best Answer

Not everyone is you. Do you realize what you're saying? It is the same as saying I chose to go to school, but others didn't so why should there be dumb people. It is a sometimes unavoidable circumstance.

Best Answer

wait a minute here, i wasnt born in an area with lots of jobs, most of the work is seasonal, and doesnt pay well, it's hard work finding work, i didn't give up looking for work while i was working, i admit, there are people who need these programs, but for the most part, people get comfortable with hand outs. i worked on a stud farm as my first job, then found work in construction, and forestry, i was also a cashier, and a stock boy, and did odd jobs for anyone who was willing to hire me. i wasn't just handed these jobs. i went out and looked for them.

Best Answer

Yes, but not everyone is like you. So government should just let people starve when they're fully capable of doing something about it? It is sad to see someone so young be so ignorant and selfish. I worry about our future. You must not understand the role of government, then.

Best Answer

you do know that the government has programs to help you find work right? i do know how it works and they're partly the reason why i have been getting work for the past 16 years

Best Answer

Maybe so, but they don't always work.

Best Answer

I think there should be cuts to it to reflect the hard times we're going through, but I DEFINITELY do not see a reason to cut it all together.

Best Answer