CopperCoil CopperCoil 36-40, M 21 Answers May 26, 2011

I am constantly drawn towards people who NEED things in one way or another. They may need help because of a disability or financial situation or an emotional struggle or whatever. It's really strange though because I don't become close to these people intentionally I just kind of "wind up around them". My freinds are always the underdog so to speak......I am a person who just naturally loves to help mankind, it's part of my makeup, so I suppose that's why (for me), however I personally have a problem with telling anyone NO. So as I give, give, give, and never receive because these people are always NEEDING and not usually equipped to give me anything (and I understand that), I wind up feeling kind of burnt out in a way.........So I guess this is just my personal answer I have figured it out for me, so maybe everyone's answer is going to be different. I have the need deep down to HELP people. Therefore I am drawn to the people in need of help. I realize I could do a better job of finding the ones to help and am working on that.......Life is so complicated !!!!!!! This is a very good question !!!

Best Answer

I used to be exactly like you gifted. One pastor told me I was merciful to the point of enabling...he was right on! I began to weed out the relationships I had invested a long time in but had begun to feel resentful about by slowly distancing myself a little bit at a time. I began to pray for help in my decision making, I thought I had to please everyone, and it wore me out! I still have a little trouble sometimes, but more so now I meet someone because it is God's timing and plan, and not me "trying" to fix everyones problems. It is good to be merciful, but not a doormat. I think it may have had to do with my own issues and insecurities, and trying to make ME feel better. Just a thought

Best Answer

I'm a firm believer in the 'vibes' we get from some - not all - people.....there's that indefinable 'something' about another person, either sex, that seems to 'call out' to us......makes you want to say 'hi' to them, and maybe nothing else........I feel we should all be open to this type of feeling; you never know where or what it could lead to!! <br />
So next time you get a good 'vibe' from someone, don't just look and walk away, do something about it!!!

Best Answer

she makes me laugh. she takes the time to get to know me.

Best Answer

Sometimes a certain quality about the person draws you in.

Best Answer

I think it's because you need to go through something with that person. To learn or have an experience that will shape who you are or show you a side of yourself you never knew existed.

Best Answer

I just go with my gut... and Im quite easy going generally... Generally people like me... Or maybe Im drawn to people who I know will like me....

Best Answer

I am drawn to different people for different reasons. When I was younger it was about who had what, and how 'attractive' they were, or popular. My friends I have had now for a long time are loyal, kind, loving, forgiving and each one is uniquely different. I used to think I needed a LOT of friends, but they weren't friends at all, just people by association. I try to look at the heart, quality not quantity is what is important to me. I have always been the person who can talk to anyone, or listen to others problems, on a bus, at the store, pretty much anywhere. I will reach out to people because it is what God requires of me, but friends have to be honest with me. Tell me if something is stuck in my teeth, or if something I say or do bothers you, I probably need to hear it. You can't always please people and be afraid to be who you are, and real friends tell you about you, and not just nice things, this is how we grow in relationships. Now if someone is negative or complains ALL the time...I usually walk away and just keep them in prayer. We can become who we associate with if we're not careful. People who enjoy you and you them will cry with you, laugh with you and support you, these are the people I 'want' to be around. I will usually try to help anyone, until I realize I am being taken advantage of. All relationships should be a give and take by both parties.

Best Answer

i am a sucker for a beautiful smile...and i think most girls get drawn to guys who give them enough attention when they;re together.. definetly love a man who really loves to talk and listen despite how stupid the conversation is getting , i mean as long as we both are enjoying it then it doesn;t matter how shallow the topics are becoming or how serious it may also get whether it is just some boring thing i/he did at work for the day or whether it was about political matters or religion.... as long as it doesnlt end up in an arguement then it;s great...personally though we never let a day pass that he doesn;t ask me about what happened during my day and what happened to his day even if we both work in an extremely different field from one another, he is in the engineering dept and i am in the nursing field..it is actually just up to both of u..if u show ur other half how important he is to u by merely listening to what he did or what he just wanted to express for the day and vice versa

Best Answer

You're inside energy does the job. You don't even have to do anything your body talks and reacts wit signs then up to you to take action

Best Answer

I think somehow my soul recognizes other souls it would be compatible with. Anyway, that is how I always thought it works.

Best Answer

I was interested to know my self.<br />
The way most have answered is by the heart.<br />
I'll go with that because if you feel uncomfortable around people that won't let you in.<br />
Most people I am comfortable with are interesting and it's in their eyes in thier voice.<br />
And very few I can sit with for hours and say little but be content just hanging out together.

Best Answer

The last sentence....that is a true intimacy or friend...just being together in the quiet.

Best Answer

Intelligence, wisdom, humility, an awakened soul

Best Answer

common interests, chemistry. personality, something that you really cant put into words, maybe their confidence the way they walk into a room ....a smile. are a few

Best Answer