lonesome28 lonesome28 26-30, F 45 Answers Jul 18, 2010

I feel the same way. I'm extremely quiet, I often feel like people are uncomfortable around me because of it. I also feel in some relationships the guy will end things with me because I'm quiet and they aren't patient enough to give me a chance to open up.

Best Answer

Thats exactly how I feel. And I think guys always end things with me too because of it. I think we definitely make them feel uncomfortable.

Best Answer

It's just that there are some people who do not know what to do with quiet people. <br />
They do not know how to interact with them.<br />
But you should not conclude that people are not attracted to quiet individuals.<br />
Countless individuals also love people who are quiet

Best Answer

well that's not true. I have met a lot of people who were turned off and annoyed that I was loud and not quiet, and also people who thought it was charming and fun. Depending on who you are, being quiet is either refined and polite and intelligent and peaceful, or it is boring and rude and lacks communicative openness and friendliness.

Best Answer

feel the same way. im quiet &amp; adults dont seem to mind sometimes but people my age dont like me for it

Best Answer

I wouldn't say people aren't attracted to quiet people, it's really just that it's harder to get to know someone who's quiet. It makes things harder and it will probably take longer for a quiet person to get serious with someone but at the same time it helps to weed out the undesirables. I am a very quiet person, especially when I am first meeting people.

Best Answer

quiet people go great with people who don't mind doing the talking and love having an ear to listen to them. But it does help when you let them know your lisening or try to give your opinions once in a while. try doing something random and outspoken once in awhile :) <br />
And i would find that when ur really quiet (i used to be), and finally say something, ppl take more notice and pay attention to when you actually do talk. <br />
(i remember i would never say anything and when i actully did, everyone quieted down to listen to me and were like "she can talk?!" although i did feel a little nervous and embarrassed from all the attention being given to me a one time [They were all looking right at me OoO])

Best Answer

i used 2b a very quiet girl, didnt make friends or bfs because nobody liked a quiet girl. I think its b.c they thought i had no peronality, and ppl cant read your thoughts. But even during that quiet phase, some guys liked me so its all about preference.

Best Answer

I think what's important is how comfortable you are with being quiet, or talkative. Also, how open a person's body language could be in relation to being quiet or talkative. A person can be quiet, but have open body language. A person can also be quiet, but have closed body language as well. Or vice versa.

Best Answer

agree quiet &amp; opens wins more. to bad im closed

Best Answer

I think it's easier for people who chatter to hook up than the quiet ones. One thing that fascinates me about people who say very little is that they think and listen alot, therefore when they do speak up it is usually to say something meaningful. I don't like to compete for "airtime" so I don't usually say much myself, as when I'm around chatterers it seems of little use to say anything as they don't really listen, do they?

Best Answer

they dont.

Best Answer

Maybe I'm odd, but quite people arouse my curiosity. I study them till I find a way to approach them.

Best Answer

i need friends like u too

Best Answer

people are attracted to quiet people. I know i have always been drawn to those who will let me have the stage. I have always been an actress. Oh, i love the attention of quiet people, they are so generous when i want to talk. I have always been the type to enjoy making a quiet person laugh.

Best Answer

i need friends like u

Best Answer

That’s true and I have had this problem since my childhood being quiet. I had only one friend as other kids thought me boring. I analyzed my day and I was thinking what I could tell in this or that situation but it was too late as I missed the chance. I have problems in relationship with men being quiet. They don’t want to waste their time and explore my personality. It’s always easier to pick what they can easily see “on the surface” communicating with an easygoing women than to “dig” deeply trying to find what a quite person has inside. <br />
Quiet people always work harder as they are considered as “bees” bringing honey into the hive and they rarely win laurels.

Best Answer

It takes all sorts, but in general people prefer to be around social people. It's easier to get to know someone when they are interacting with you. People prefer interaction (good or even bad) to a vacuum - same reason I prefer turn on the TV for background noise rather than sit in deathly silence really. And almost everyone becomes louder and more social when they are happy (ever seen a happy child? just bursting to say something), so it's easy to assume that social people are happier (true or not).

Best Answer

It's a sad sign of our times. I'm a natural introvert (an INFP if that makes sense) forced to act chirpy and even brash throughout my college life and beyond so that I can get dates and friends.<br />
There are cultures where us quiet people would have field days: Japan, Nepal and some others. But Western culture, and present US culture especially, favors the bold and brash. My experience is that even dating sites are overloaded with brash girls and guys, so even those fail. We have to put up and be able to emulate (in part) the loud majority when the need arises. And we also need to find God and Christ, our ultimate soulmate and consolation who takes away our loneliness. That's the best advice I can give to a fellow introvert.

Best Answer

i think exactly the same, there r many overall quiter cultures than western cultures. its hard to be my quiet self

Best Answer

I don't think that's necessarily so. I like quiet people. I like to encourage them to open up.

Best Answer

I am attracted to quiet people...I think I know how to open them up. :) There are a lot of people who say to me they have never opened up with anyone so much.

Best Answer

why would one be otherwise?

Best Answer

Research has suggested that socially timid, quiet males have a much harder time in life than their female counterparts, on account of the fact that men are still expected to be the more assertive and domineering of the two sexes. It's more likely for such men to go through life without finding companionship because the shy female usually encounters a spritely young buck somewhere along the line to ease her out of her shell. Confidence is a much more highly prized attribute in men than it is in women. So how do you think we feel?

Best Answer

For some people that may be true. In my case i've been trying to meet a woman who is quiet but have had no success as of yet. I think quiet people are mysterious and have a lot to find out about. Which i find very intriguing.

Best Answer

I'm a person who practicly doesn't talk at all... ever...<br />
I mostly jut sit there and listen... and it's true, but quite a pity that not many like quiet people...but still waters run deep, and that's what they never think about...

Best Answer

as far as im concerned people are attracted to quiet people. as i am very hyperactive and out there, and nobody is attracted to me.i mean, im not bad looking at all. so it must be my personality right?

Best Answer