I'm tired of always seeing the same recurring theme of "good always wins." Why can't there be supervillain shows where we get to see things from the other side of the tracks? Why don't the villains ever win? Why don't we get to watch some new young villain discover his powers, slowly develop into the war-mongering badass that he will be one day, and have to deal with good guys along the way? I get that most superhero shows and otherwise try to convey the whole idea that being good is what's right, but it's a bit tiring to keep seeing the heroes get their way, friendship always coming through, and love beating all. I'm not exactly saying that's all bad, but it'd be interesting to see things from the other end of the spectrum, you know?
Kyroe Kyroe 18-21, M 10 Answers Sep 3, 2012 in Movies & TV

The green Mile <br />
Splendor in the grass <br />
Pan's Labyrinth (not completely a villain win but things get bloody)

Best Answer

Yeah, my nieces feel the same way. It's not "real life" to have the good guys win all the time. But I suppose that's the whole fantasy of it, and the reason we watch tv and movies, to believe again that "things are going to be okay." But on the flip side of that, I guess it's better to know that things may only get worse.

Best Answer

ummm, what about The Usual Suspects, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, memento, Hannibal, Rosemary's Baby, Saw, Seven, The Empire Strikes Back, Natural Born Killers, Swordfish, Brazil (oh man, especially Brazil), Jurassic Park, Fight Club, etc etc... There are thousands you're just not watching them.

Best Answer

I've seen Hannibal (and all of Dr. Lecter's movies), Jurassic Park was kind of boring, and the rest I'll definitely put on my "To Watch" list. Know any more?

Best Answer

Those were off the top of my (and a friends) head... try googling for more, simply search for - list films bad guy villain wins - you should get some long lists.. happy watching :)

Best Answer

Megamind was good. It would be cool to see more perspectives.

Best Answer

try assassins bullet. In my book it sucked even though they had a really good concept but it seems like your kind of movie.

Best Answer

there are..they're all played out in my house

Best Answer

Because, humans.

Best Answer

Try episodes 1 through 3 of "Star Wars." They describe how nice kid Anakin Skywalker turns into ultra-villain Darth Vader.<br />
Of course, many of us think the real villain was Jar Jar Binks...

Best Answer

I think Frollo

Best Answer