We are a society where Science leads the way. Why do people believe in something when there is no evidence at all? I think it is just Fear of Death that makes people want religion. If we lived forever there would be no church or any faith.
rgreener rgreener 46-50, M 28 Answers Dec 3, 2012 in Religion

i dont think its right to say we all know....thats not true...i belive

Best Answer

There are many instances where we see that science has simply been an ego trip. It is an essential truth that religion has failed mankind for one simple reason - dogma, as a belief becomes a religion, and a dogma results then intransigence and a detachment from that which they are purporting to expound occurs. Spirituality, is an accord with the unknown that there is a lot we do not know. God was not made in our image, but we were made in essence in 'his', not corporeality but the capacity to reason, to empathize and love, and to put others before ourselves, which makes us in some ways like God.

Best Answer

We don't know anything for sure. Even science is mostly theroies. There are many scientist who believe in God.

Best Answer

I believe science is magic, but not religion, at least not yet. As a mass of people, we're as yet too primitive to live without big bad stories to keep us in line. First world nations where religion is fading are full of people who naturally question the truth of religion but don't see it's value and safety net that it provides. Third world nations cling to religion because it's value is obvious, it brings order to chaos. a tool to unite and control. Perhaps when the growing chaos in modern society breaks down the system, people will write a new bible of man-made ethics, which they value enough to actually defend and spill blood for. But as it stands now, only the religious have fire in their bellies. <br />
Here's a quick example of what I believe to be the power of belief vs non-belief - Atheists all around the world tend to not even produce enough kids to replace themselves, this has been one of religions most basic tricks for centuries. Science has a lot of catching up to do.

Best Answer

According to the laws of physics, energy never dies it just goes to another place, our inner energy goes somewhere, there is really no death just a departure from the shell of a human body, reincarnation, hell, heaven, who knows, but I dont think it just gets dark, one fact for sure, we all will find out someday...........

Best Answer

Though i'm a 4th generation atheist i'm willing to accept the existence of superior beings(in theory) but what i never got is the need to worship and the childish desire to be believed and accepted. What's the ******'point? Does not sound like the desires and wishes of a morally "higher"being to me. And then there is the jealousy of supposed other gods.. They all seem very childish and silly to me. Just never saw the need to worship idiots? It really does not make a blind bit of difference if god exists and you believing in it/him/her matters even less. If you say you don't believe in trees, they won't go out of the way when you crash your car into em.

Best Answer

Why believe in anything? Believe what works for you. If you believe in nothing then that's your belief.

Best Answer

How do you know it "just goes dark"? Have you died? I think that believing in God keeps a lot of people from committing crimes...living with the belief, wether real or imagined, that terrible things will happen to you if you kill people, steal from or harm others, is a good thing.

Best Answer

You Need help Buddy. Even thinking about going on a Killing Spree is not right

Best Answer

The Bible actually says that 'the dead are conscious of nothing' and the Greek word 'Hades' actually translates as the common grave. The Bible never says there is such a thing as literal hell. So the Bible actually corresponds with what you think. <br />
Believing in God is down to opinion and faith. You can't 100% prove that God exists, nor can you 100% prove that the big bang created the universe.

Best Answer

You mean that I don't get to take a bow.<br />
Your frustrated actor,<br />
Ken

Best Answer

As a Christian, if I'm wrong in my belief- I have lost nothing. If you are wrong, you spend eternity in hell. Why gamble?! I hope your not too "intelligent and intellectual" to believe.

Best Answer

Some questions should remain unanswered your is the No.1 in this category never question exitance of something which is usefull for us to remain live as human ppl will start killing each other if fear of hell & heaven are removed frm life !! God is the biggest fear and the biggest stress buster and the biggest emotional support in humans life i wont mind if i have to become a christian or muslim or any other relegion if that will benefit humanity god was the word given to air we breath in beautyful souls like christ and guru nanak and lord shiva and the word OM who tought us to live peacefully remove them from your life and you will know what hell is i hope you are mature enough to understand wht i mean

Best Answer

anything we cannot explain is attributed to God. Old days it was sun, eclipses, fire etc. religion is definitely the opiate and a motivator of the masses, mostly the former.

Best Answer

Jennifer has suffered from Athiesm most of her life. From the age 9 she began to question her world, by 14 she questioned the fundemental precepts of religion and god worship. A year later, Jennifer had full blown Athiesm. No amount of cyclic, rhetorical doctrine or dogma enforced with threats, social stigma or rejection could dissuade her from the path of reason and logic. Your £3 a month could help Jennifer and millions of other non-deluded children like her. Atheism is a pandemic and everyday it goes untreated is another nail in the coffin of ignorance. For just £3 a month your money goes to a charlatan who can help stamp out this perfectly balanced view of the universe. That £3 could help some loony gain credence in debunking sound scientific fact. Dont let Athiesm infect another child with thoughts of free ex<x>pression and unfettered learning. Act now and help us destroy heathens everywhere. Thank you and may god bless you.

Best Answer

Brilliant !!

Best Answer

Thanks. I dont disagree with what you said in principle but broad statements should be left to the godbotherers. There is no shred of evidence to suggest gods exist or there is conscious awareness after death. Its not impossible but highly improbable and more likely, just as it appears to be, a primitive invention to explain natural phenomena, the yet to be proven and to justify behaviours. Thanks for BA. Keep the (lack of) faith. lol

Best Answer

You are welcome. I put the comment more as a Catalyst for discussion than as a Statement of any belief. Yes I would love it if when I shut my eyes for the Final time my Late Father is there to greet me and get me a Glass of Celestial Ale. However I need evidence to believe anything. Just do not understand Blind faith in People. Not Logical

Best Answer

On all that i can completely agree.

Best Answer

i see you never served a day in combat, my friend....

Best Answer

it's all in perspective....be well

Best Answer

You too

Best Answer

Good for you.<br />
I don't have the answers but I think I might need some popcorn....

Best Answer

:(

Best Answer

o_O

Best Answer

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp20140801/who-made-god/#?insight[search_id]=55d5fb58-49f5-4760-a047-ed54c79f266c&insight[search_result_index]=9

Best Answer