woman2women woman2women 26-30, F 8 Answers Mar 14, 2012

I don't believe this really happens (with the exception of a select few) I think it's very easy to expect more from the people of your own race though, since you feel a sort of false sense of familiarity with them.

Wouldn't you expect more from a family member than a stranger? then I guess you'd expect more of people who share commonalities with you than those who don't.

Best Answer

I agree

Best Answer

I think I am going to start praying for my future significant other even though I don't know who is. I am going to start praying that he is spiritual, family oriented, hard working, fun, romantic, understands me, and will love and protect me.

I wrote that a year ago, not sure what I was thinking. It is a good practice though!

To answer your question, men are visual creatures. I think that beauty (and better) is still associated with light or white. I also think that black men feel that light skinned or white women are used to being treated better and therefore treat them better. It could also be the Willie Lynch theory applied to dating and relationships. Some people would say blacks were psychologically programmed to think this way thanks to slavery. Malcolm Gladwell talks about this in his book Outliers. Regardless, light or dark skinned, I agree with Steve Harvey when he advises women to set the expectation up front for how we wanted to be treated and assess every potential mate with our eyes wide open.

Best Answer

how is that an answer to my question?

Best Answer

I don't think this is true at all. Sounds stereotypical?

Best Answer

oh yes it is stereotypical. It is also something I've seen several family members and friends do. Not to mention the several men I've met that blatantly treat dark-skinned women this way.

Best Answer

Not true, never had this happen to me

Best Answer

are you a dark-skinned women or man?

Best Answer

Really doesn't matter ,but Black woman. any man whether black or White who uses a woman for what she can do for him and him less in return is a loser. Same goes for women to. he can and will be bought toss around.

Best Answer

ok but just because it never happend to you, doesnt mean it doesnt exist

Best Answer

And if so, why? I haven't experience such.

Best Answer

why what?

Best Answer

white women who go with dark men tend to be a bit hairbrained. I'm horrible. I know.

Best Answer

well being dark-skinned, a woman and hairbrained does not attract black men of substance

Best Answer