Name some ways to help them push past those barriers.
zeeva70 zeeva70 41-45, F 4 Answers Dec 30, 2013 in Community

It simply involves that you are admitting weakness (regardless, I think it shows bravery too); to push these barriers it helps a lot to know that their "problem" won't be so troubling. So if it helps in this way and helps them get better, I can't think of a reason why one should not ask for help.

Best Answer

Some have it so ingrained in them that things must be done by them alone, that they will allow themselves to suffer great tragic things and refuse help. Good ways to get around this is to NOT TALK ABOUT IT. Just leave food where they can find it, toys where the kids will see them, money in the mailbox. And don't get caught. :-)

Best Answer

Great idea! I guess it's something they overthink about all the time and talking about it won't help because its in their head.

Best Answer

Right. There is no shame in accepting a gift that seemingly came from God. :-)

Best Answer

Recognize that everyone needs help in their lifetime, even those who appear strong and brave. It's not a sign of weakness to admit you need help; it's the first step to getting better and closer to where you need to be.

Best Answer

Could asking for help could also be a sign of strength?

Best Answer

asking for help is definitely a sign of strength and admittance that you need help.

Best Answer

i'm one of these people

i don't like to be burden

i don't like to sound pathetic to anyone

Best Answer

I know someone who thinks the same way. What can I say to help them seek help?

Best Answer