debrak7 debrak7 26-30, F 7 Answers Jan 23, 2013 in Hobbies

That doesn't happen here! Loss prevention won't even chase thieves! I guess nobody's in the mood to get knocked out or die for a $12 perfume!

Best Answer

cause they usually are cops like mall security that catch u when u run away from the store thru the mall

Best Answer

Citizens Arrest<br />
If they are found doing so without proper reasoning they will be arrested them selves most likely and lose their job.

Best Answer

In law, it is called Shop Keeper's Privilege.

Best Answer

hehe Texas

Best Answer

Lol, the only people on here that has any form of knowledge is sintobus and dskdw25q9n. <br />
Statutes varies by state, where I live I get licensed by the state and companies have the option to take issues regarding shoplifting to the highest level possible which is armed AP/LP what that means is some companies MAY require their AP/LP to shoot fleeing or aggressive shoplifters BUT since we live in the age of "suing" the next best this is restraint. For example I used to work for a private security company ba<x>sed out of CA that required their undercover and uniform AP/LP to never let a shoplifter get away under any circumstance and in their policies I had the requirement to carry handcuffs and the option to carry a pistol, taser, mace or pepper spray....to be safe I didn't take any weapon. <br />
Heres where it gets interesting lol <br />
I also used to work for Wal-Mart (I know what you are thinking) and they used to use handcuffs and was full on "hands on" but since people started suing they are now hands off in order to save money, so if you have the idea in your heard that you want to lift from a store then go to Wal-Mart you'll have a fifty fifty shot of getting away but not a chance in hell that you will get "touched" now if you want reality? real loss prevention and asset protection? try lifting from SaveMart or Ross or Home Depot or any other company besides Wal-Mart and you will get your head cracked open or get your *** whooped at the least lol I have beaten people to a pulp or near death all because they THOUGHT I couldn't touch them so they got psychical. Shoplifting is not a serious matter the only thing is shoplifters MAKE IT a serious matter when they get mouthy, don't follow instructions, run or get psychical. I get paid to protect the company merchandise and the law protects me from prosecution IF I deem it necessary to get psychical because the company has the legal right to stop theft of their property at all coasts.<br />
Think of it like this, someone enters your house unarmed, tells you to give him or her all your jewelry and money and you tell him "no, lay face down until the cops get here" because you worked hard for your belongings but instead they get psychical with you, would you fight back? and if you had a gun would you use it? <br />
Just something to think about :)

Best Answer

Excuse my typos lol

Best Answer