I just can't seem to cry. I have lost close people in my from them killing themselffs to heart attacks ( 5 people in the past 4 years) I have had people tell me they hate me, or they don't love me. I have been cut,beat, and kicked. I still have not cried in 4 years.....why can't I cry? I would cry a lot in middle school ( the worst years of my life) But now I never cry. What can help me cry and let it all out? sad songs and music don't work. What can I do to let it out? wait for someone to say " You need help?" or " are you okay? You wanna talk about it? I can help"
loneyNred loneyNred 16-17, M 12 Answers May 25, 2009

Cut some onions? :/ I can't cry either, and I just chalk it up to not being sad. Which is fine, a'course. What lovers4life said sounded pretty good, or a variation on it that works for you. If you want reflex tears though - onion.

Best Answer

I couldn't cry for a long time too. It felt weird since before my emotions could be let out freely.<br />
I think that it's partially to do with being emotionally frozen. You feel it, but you can't break down. You can't force yourself to cry or even encourage it. It has to come on it's own otherwise there will be no emotional release.

Best Answer

Duparcd - What a load of rubbish sorry but ... Jesus I've had a hell of a lot of experience in life as has lonely. i cant cry because I've had too much hurt in my life and due to the fact I cried so much and then stopped I cant release it anymore. so instead of crying its a bundle of horrible aching stess inside my body which I cannot get rid of! I want to be able to cry as do a lot of people, it doesn't mean "oh good for you" its turmoil constantly. Its the brick wall emotionally that has been built up as at first needed to get through this crap of a life! Then when things get better you cant tear it down just when something really hurts you as for some reason its inbuilt now in the subconscious. If anyone has any clue how to tear down some of the walls then please help me also. Thanks

Best Answer

Write letters to those you've lost. Close them in an envelop and put them away someplace where you aren't going to read them. Make it really sad, ask them questions that you yourself can't answer. When you need to cry read them, sit in a room by yourself, you can try beating something up hit your bed really hard over and over. Rip up the letters while screaming that you hate them for leaving you. Don't try to understand why they left have a complete melt down. Take and entire weekend to be alone in a dark room doing nothing but screaming, reading, and eating ice cream. It worked for me I stopped crying when I was 11, I didn't cry again until I was 14. I didn't know why I hurt so bad. But one weekend I did exactly what I just told you to do and I just let it all out. Just let it all out...

Best Answer

Why I think you can't cry may not be what you want to hear. I believe you can't cry because you are AFRAID TO CRY... emotions are hard to control ... we can't talk outselves in or out of them. You are trying to talk yourself into them, which is rare. Most people can't stop crying once they come up against emotional pain, such as you described ..<br />
A Native American Proverb: DON'T BE AFRAID TO CRY<br />
IT WILL FREE YOUR MIND OF SORROWFUL THOUGHTS.<br />
There are specialists that can help you understand your emotions ..... I am not a therapist and recommend seeing someone to discuss these incidents, rather than let them build up inside of you.. Obvious this is bothering you in your life.<br />
Blessings for answers...

Best Answer

You are lucky.

Best Answer

well from about 6 to 14 years ii only displayed anger and happiness,, ii didnt cry until last year, however ii still cant cry when it comes to death ii cant cry,, ii usually smile,, but ii dont find it funny.. ii just want it t0o stop,, but maybe you dont need to cry,, maybe you should find another method f letting all the emotion out.. but when you do eventually cry,, ii hope you have the whole day to yourslef,, coz you will not stop!!.. good luck though,, :)..

Best Answer

I don't cry.Sad things just give me a sad feeling..Maybe we just learn to keep the tears in and cope with what's happening.

Best Answer

You probably do not have sufficient experience of life to be hurt. It is typical of most young men especially, to go through this stage. There will come a time when crying will prove to be a release and cathartic but only after you have formed deep relationships and appreciate what this means. In life there are friends and friends but true friends are those whom can be accepted unconditionally and those will be in the minority.

Best Answer