sisko95 sisko95 41-45, M 8 Answers Sep 30, 2011

My wonderful wife suffers chronic pain, and we have asked that question a million times.<br />
Science may have figured out the why. Read Discover mag, June 2011 issue...a very good article on pain.<br />
Good luck...we,( my wife & I ), understand.

Best Answer

Sorry to hear about your wife hertoy. I understand that science figured a lot of things out that they can measure. They can measure alot of things but not pain. I will certainly read the Discover magazine, thankyou for suggesting the read.

Best Answer

Pain is subjective to each person..........some people can't stand getting tooth drilled by a Dentist......Others can run into a wall and not feel it.....

Best Answer

Everybody has a different pain tolerance. What is bad for one, may be minor for another.

Best Answer

A reason for so many pain medications.
A new drug came out a few years back called Lyrica it was meant to be a wonder drug for pain but for me it did not work at all. The side efffect was really bad it gave both my feet swelling to the extreme. It was also such an expensive drug.

Best Answer

Lyrica is mainly used for fibermyalgia. Me, I take di;audid and methadone, both for pain. Not needing cure for addiction, My body is just worn out early in my life

Best Answer

because pain is a personal feeling that no one but the person in pain can describe and measure... also different people experience and tolerate pain differently...

Best Answer

can be pain be measured? yes I am using bio-sensors along with pain questionnaires to corroborate using a multi parameter ob<x>jective inflammatory findings.

Best Answer