imsunwyo imsunwyo 70+, M 27 Answers Nov 5, 2011

Hey, if you've been discussing it for 54 years she probably can't have kids anymore. SO go ahead and marry her!

Best Answer

there is a biological reason, actually, its called inbreeding. Siblings who mate are at greater risk of birth defects because they share many of the same recessive traits that can cause problems

Best Answer

Well said without resorting to use that god awful R words .

Best Answer

Genetics has proven that the odds of birth defects are the same as for the general populace unless there is successive generations of inbreeding.

Best Answer

Not true, imsunwyo.

Best Answer

even if one accepts that premise, allowing it would then allow said successive generations of inbreeding.

Best Answer

not true or maybe research in 1957

Best Answer

are you a troll looking to stir things up, or are your parents brother and sister?

Best Answer

It's a legitimate question asked by my sister in 1957.

Best Answer

ah, well, 50 years ago it was a legitimate question for the lay person. nowadays you can easily find out all the biological reasons by searching google. try "******" and "inbreeding".

Best Answer

No biological reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????<br />
Um sorry honey........please REgoogle.

Best Answer

I don't have to google. I trained and was educated in the sciences where I made my living. I have a doctorate. My Stanford-Binet tested IQ when I entered college was 183. I've learned genetics for 50 years.

Best Answer

So now I'm curious. Your sister asked this question a very long time ago, presumably when you were both still children. What motivates you to ask this question on a public site now?
I breed Arabian horses. The Bedouin mastered the techniques of selective inbreeding. Their methods including some callous testing for qualities of hardiness, endurance, temperament and trainability, including rigorous selection for good bone structure (conformation). They memorised character traits and pedigree for many generations using poetry. When a horse had developed a majority of desirable genes, with few and rare undesirable, they would then breed back to parent or sideways to full sibling, for up to five generations, to increase the pre-potency, that is, the strength of dominance of the desired genes when bred to an out-cross, and the strength of transmission of those genes down through subsequent generations. After four to five generations of inbreeding, the fertility of both mares and stallions diminishes. Line breeding to a 25% relative can avoid loss of fertility, but must be equally fastidious in selection.
I think the greatest dangers for human siblings inbreeding is actually in the condensation of dysfunctional family dynamics.
Psychologists guess that we'd be very lucky to find 3% of families without some degree of dysfunction. This would mean that for the majority, the results long term could be disastrous.

Best Answer

I asked the question because I've read some stories on this project on the subject of brother-sister relationships and that brought to mind the question my sister asked so many years ago.
She married and had children by two different husbands and I was not one of them. She died last year at the age of 66.
I was very taken with her and loved her very much when we were younger but we realized at the time the societal repugnance to the idea of brother-sister sexual involvment and we generally avoided it. However, my sister was adament in saying she loved me and if it had been possible, she would have preferred to marry me.

Best Answer

you missed a section then

Best Answer

Uhh...I guess you can get married but no sex or else you'll have retard babies...so what's the point of marriage?

Best Answer

if it where about the babies many other ones shouldn´t marry too ...

Best Answer

True...some people don't deserve kids

Best Answer

Sometimes it is possible to love someone so deep that you do not need to have sex with them. Now in that situation. I ask you ? If they don't have sex. Would they let a brother and sister who made a promise not to. Would they let them. Marry each other and would you let them ? Thanks.

Best Answer

The thought alone is wrong.

Best Answer

Well, marriage is usually followed by sexual intercourse, and two members of the same family having sex can lead to some really messed up babies. The chromosomes don't work like that.

Best Answer

If you look at the genetics, a baby has the same risk of defect if its parents are brother-sister as does a baby between two unrelated persons who are male and female; one chance in four. Most brother-sister babies turn out fine. Look at our human species; we are as we are because many thousands of years ago we all interbred incestuously to create the features of modern humans.

Best Answer

Well, I was on the small Dutch owned island of Aruba, where tons of ****** went on, and some people ended up with a few very striking birth defects. I suppose it depends upon the people.

Best Answer

Sometimes the Radioactivity of Underlying Rocks can Change Peoples DNA Genetically. So it is possible to have no adverse effects from Inbreeding. In years to come. Scientist and the Medical Profession. Will come to realise and reveal this Fact. You Watch Out for IT happening. Thnxs.

Best Answer

the only things i know is that to the family is disgustting,and not all people are ok with sister & brothers marriage plus supposably because the childs might have birth defects. i can surelly dissagree with that i have 2 baby girls with my blood brother and we dont have retart babies or any defects on them at all. they are actually verry active super smart.

Best Answer

******...

Best Answer

To enjoy this debate i suggest let us go back to that era which biology predicted inbreeding had occured, i personally think there so so many adams and eves in every continent, or every part of world wherever humans of that particular kind were born, like in Africa there must be Negroid adam and eve, Australia Aboriginal ancestors ...... and now the question will be who were their first one.... They were born in Bermuda traingle and grew up did inbreeding and than went back to Bermuda....now we cant go there.

Best Answer

Biology tells us that we are human because our ancestors inbred to produce us.

Best Answer

Hi! I'm a little too late to answer this one, however, the question is very much welcomed by almost all of us.<br />
So, why can't brothers and sisters get married? Medical facts are strange and unreliable in this particular regard as not many have reported the marriage in the first place so bearing a child with lots of complications in delivery is almost out of question. If the, female is healthy then for sure she can produce.<br />
At the same-time, some cultures do not support this relationship and this concludes the marriage part, otherwise intimate relations between the two(real bro n sis) is prevalent. <br />
Now, as for the question, our society, culture, religion and personal characteristics have always encouraged to look beyond...a sister. Here, she commands love, respect and is part of a particular family that discourages the marriage between the two since the very birth.<br />
But, to all those that have got married to their very own sisters, good job done...as this is who you are today. <br />
If Prostitution, Gay sex, Lesbians etc can be encouraged then why not brother and sister marriage.

Best Answer

I date my half-sister, I love her, She loves me, to tell the truth she that asked me, and we're okay,<br />
we don't have kids yet<br />
but there's no problem in date and marry your sister/brother<br />
the only thing that is wrong and forbidden is father, mother, grnd-father/mother (God forbbiden )<br />
the rest is okay<br />
P.S. - I'm sorry for my english, if it's wrong

Best Answer

They can if they feel so. Who cares for society, anyway. If the individuals feel that they should marry, they should go ahead.

Best Answer

I love my brother very very very much... when i was younger i wanted to marry him but its wrong to marry your sibling...now i love him but in a different way and he loves me too, and when we both have our families it wont mean that we don't love each other.... God did not make siblings to marry each other because there would be birth defects and it is not good...

Best Answer

being gay is waaaaay more repulsive then brother and sisters being together<br />
if the government decides to condition you for insest it will seem normal.<br />
just like there are homose3xuals running the government ,maybe one day the government will be run by brothers and sisters.<br />
you will accept what ever they condition you to believe<br />
humans are like sheep they follow the herd.<br />
and no i don't even have a sister but if i did and we both wanted it i would not ask the public for permission.i am an individual ,i don't let the majority tell me how to live.<br />
people should just mind their own business.

Best Answer

I don't think its wrong. I have 8 sisters. And thou I love 7 of them as that sisters. I do love one sister more. I wouldnt dare tell her this. But I have been unlicensed with her for many years. Its not that i think its wrong to love her that way. But i dought she feels the same. That is why I have choosen to distance myself from her. If that makes Me a freak then so be it. But I believe the heart comes first social stigma can suck it.

Best Answer

It is not wrong if it is what both of you want. While you can't legally marry your sister, the two you could live together in the same home and be as much married as you want to be. If you move far away from where you are both known to brother and sister, you can do it. Don't stop loving your sister because of the social climate around you. And, stay close to her. You might be surprised at how much she needs you by her.

Best Answer

I have read that fertility is also a problem, and have read a number of stories of siblings having unprotected sex for years with no pregnancy resulting. I think that if I had a sister as a life partner and wanted children I would adopt or use a fertility clinic and donor *****. Of course you can live together without children, as many couples do. Nothing wrong with that. I can't imagine marrying my sisters, primarily because I wouldn't want to marry someone as crazy as me.

Best Answer

There are biological reasons that it is illegal inbreeding is the number one cause of developmentally disabled children are you from idaho or utah?

Best Answer

Can you support your contention with documented research data? Anything less puts your statement into the status of an opinion, not fact.

Best Answer

yeah i can i attended a conference on such matters unfortunately i was a case manager at the time and 1/3 of my developmentally disabled adult clients were products of ****** they have distinct physical features small heads small ears set farther back on the skull than normal large tongue making talking difficult some are deaf none are going to ever live a normal life

Best Answer

obviously you need to aim your research on genetics and genetic disorders genetically we are made to have a large gene pool even animals display abnormalities when to closely bred to siblings and parents duh

Best Answer

Micro/Macro evolution, Science, Psychology, Sociology and ultimately transhumanism leads us out of darkness. Likely, the reason we no longer marry siblings is family dynamics and phantom genetic defect stories passed down thru the ages (likely to keep siblings from hooking up). Yes, genetic abnormalities do occur, but as mentioned previously the rates are the same among a local community as say a brother and sister. In short any member of a local community/clan/family containing defective pieces of genetic code 'alleles' increases risk of phenotypically expressing abnormalities. Society could make a rule that you must marry someone from another continent other than where your genetic makeup comes from to limit this possibility. This will dramatically decrease the chance of a genetic abnormality in a child. I say this because that is the premise given so close relatives do not have sex.<br />
Personally, if I loved my sister and my sister loved me, I would not hesitate to marry her (as an adult mind you). Culture, Family upbringing, ignorance, hysteria, and fictional phantom genetic anomalies is a heavy weight to counterbalance this issue. Someday, society will educate and psychologically prepare mankind to overcome ignorant tribal beliefs, rituals & condamnations. <br />
I reflect on society with a quote by Rene Dubos: “It is often by a trivial, even an anecdotal decision, that we direct our activities into a certain channel, and thus determine which of the potential ex<x>pressions of our individuality become manifest. Usually we know nothing of the ultimate orientation or of the outlet toward which we travel, and the stream sweeps us to a formula of life from which there is no returning. Every decision is like a murder, and our march forward is over the stillborn bodies of all our possible selves that will never be.” <br />
No Harm no Foul, Let it Be, Doc Savage

Best Answer

Actually the is a biological reason buddy...<br />
Suppose two random people(not siblings) marry.. then their offsprings will have both the characteristics of mother and father. So if you compare one parent and the child..the child will possess newer and better characteristics than the parent.<br />
If sibling marry then as both the siblings have almost identical genes so no new characteristic will be found in the offspring.<br />
So this will create a major problem in human evolution.<br />
I hope i have satisfied you with my answer..

Best Answer

How do you think humans became human? Evolution occurs when beneficial genes are reinforced in an offspring. We, as a species, are the results of familial sex between family members.

Best Answer