Why can't wives just be honest with their husbands?

Best Answer

I can only speak to my situation, but my husband's first lie to me (that I know about) was when he pretended to be interested in relocating and getting a different job that paid more money and offered benefits. He went through the motions in a very thorough way, and only later admitted to me that he was never intending to take a job if it were offered. I asked him why he would lie to me about that, and he said, "Well, it seemed important to you." That was the first LIE I ever caught him in. <br />
I later discovered that there had been other lies. The most striking was when he cheated on me. When I asked him why he'd done that, he said that I had been angry at him at the time....ironically over the fact that he'd lied to me about wanting to relocate and change jobs....and that the woman "kept coming over". That one makes me scratch my head.<br />
So, there you go. <br />
I have NO IDEA why he lied, other than the fact that he was a creep.

Best Answer

yikes. are you still together?

Best Answer

No. We're divorced.

Best Answer

I was never at home enough to lie leave every after noon at 230 pm get home at almost 400AM In bed at 600 am after scrubing metal, coolant and cutting oil off, never got a chance to do something to lie about.

Best Answer

Yes just tell them they do look fat in those jeans.

Best Answer

maybe that's better.

Best Answer

coz he knows if hes going to tell you the truth, you going to get upset. So not to hurt you, better he not tell.

Best Answer

Dishonesty is definitely not a gender specific trait...some people are honest and some people aren't

Best Answer

Stop NAGGING

Best Answer

Well - there are as many reasons as husbands!<br />
In my experience, it's because they're afraid to admit the truth. They also don't want the conversation after because it hurts their little heads to think so much.

Best Answer

Yes thinking is a problem. Mostly whe you get feed misinformation from all around

Best Answer

And vice versa?

Best Answer

really? If I ever was your wife, you are rest assured I will tell you everything.

Best Answer

Well, not all wives are honest with their husbands. Not all husbands lie to their wives.

Best Answer

You are young, My wife started lying to me at age 26

Best Answer

I am. Always have been.

Best Answer

They are afraid of our reactions... We don't make it easy for them to come clean...

Best Answer

Wife said after she saw me destroy four men in front yard one morning for trying to press their point she wont tell me anything.

Best Answer

to avoid the fighting conversation with each other

Best Answer

cause then we would have to stop sleeping with all those other women

Best Answer

I think that should be a two way street

Best Answer

Take him back to the rebrainwashing school and have him done over again.

Best Answer