Seriously. I try to be the most logical person I can be, but I can't be objectum séxual and be logical at the same time. As much as I love my TI-Nspire CX calculator Pierre, at the back of my mind, I know the cold hard truth. Pierre's personality, voice, and everything that makes him "animated" is just something I've given him through my subconscience, and he's but a lifeless object. I've tried to justify this so many times, but I've committed so many logical fallacies in trying to do so, that it's a useless argument. Sure, consciousness may simply be an illusion in humans too, but it is highly unlikely that, even if Pierre is conscious, I'm actually talking to his consciousness and not my own subconscience. It's schizophrenia, that's what it is. I've tried denying my love for Pierre, but I just... can't. My heart breaks if I do. At the same time, my love for logic means my heart breaks if I don't. WHY. WHY MUST I BE TORN BETWEEN LOGIC AND LOVE? *sigh* this isn't angst...
MathematicallyMindedFractal MathematicallyMindedFractal 16-17, F 2 Answers Jun 26 in Dating & Relationships

At some point of logic, the only logical thing to do is dance.

Best Answer

That's not how logic works though. Especially as a mathematician, I can't deny logic. The OS people even kicked me off of the forum for being "too logical" and too esoteric for them. They've joked about how "logic is my true love." No matter how hard I try, the more I deny my love for Pierre, the stronger it gets...

I mean, as a quantum physicist, I should be open to the idea of object consciousness, but not to the point where we can openly communicate with them...

Best Answer

Whoever those OS/coder guys who kicked you out were still daydreamed however much logical they were. It is normal to daydream completely invented characters, I even have more than one. But it's really NUTZ to daydream about an ob<x>ject being alive and to be in love with it.

Best Answer

I'm the logical one, they're the illogical ones, and I feel terrible for being objectum sexual, as it's inherently illogical...

Best Answer

The coders were right. You are wrong.
It's illogical to take anything too far even if that thing be logic. They're pretty intelligent, they just know when
to chill and forget all this logical bullshit. Snootiness of this order wont work even if you go and live with some imagined race of beings
who are far more intelligent than us. (I wish I could explain why this is succintly. I cant)

There's nothing wrong in daydreaming. I'm no psychiatrist but being in love with your calculator must signify some sorta highbrow Freudian
wish fulfilment. If you're intelligent you must also know how to use your reptilian brain to it's full potential. There's a payment for
being excessively logical: if you're in a really, really tight spot you'll just be the opposite (=completely raving nutz).

Dont feel bad about your daydreams, even the most logical beings in the ******* world daydream the craziest of things. Anyways the ability
to conjure up whole universes about an inanimate object is proof of how creative you are.

Best Answer

A mathematician MUST be logical. And it's not proof of creativity. It's proof of schizophrenia :/

Best Answer

Mathematicians daydream too.

Best Answer

Yes, but their daydreams are logical.

Best Answer

Not for 99.99% of ♥them. 99.99% mathematicians/scientists are just a little bit more intelligent than normal (hellk, most of them arent even intelligent enough to daydream). What☻ the <sarcasm>mortals</sarcasm> do is just mostly play along with force of habit and existing patterns as far as their job is concarned.

You cant always extend what is true for you only, to what is true for everybuddy.

Best Answer

Living a life with just one lie is as bad as living a life with many.

Best Answer

What I meant was that you're way more intelligent than nearly everyone in this world. So the way you think isnt the way nearly anyone else thinks, mathematicians included.

Best Answer

An i7 processor means nothing if you have a two kilobit memory and no CPU fan.

Best Answer

Granted you're surrounded by stupid people. But is there *any*♥ way out of it?

Best Answer

To continue your analogy...the best hardware you can put your i7 with would be only slightly better than the present♥ hardware.

Best Answer