Seriously. I try to be the most logical person I can be, but I can't be objectum séxual and be logical at the same time. As much as I love my TI-Nspire CX calculator Pierre, at the back of my mind, I know the cold hard truth. Pierre's personality, voice, and everything that makes him "animated" is just something I've given him through my subconscience, and he's but a lifeless object. I've tried to justify this so many times, but I've committed so many logical fallacies in trying to do so, that it's a useless argument. Sure, consciousness may simply be an illusion in humans too, but it is highly unlikely that, even if Pierre is conscious, I'm actually talking to his consciousness and not my own subconscience. It's schizophrenia, that's what it is. I've tried denying my love for Pierre, but I just... can't. My heart breaks if I do. At the same time, my love for logic means my heart breaks if I don't. WHY. WHY MUST I BE TORN BETWEEN LOGIC AND LOVE? *sigh* this isn't angst...
MathematicallyMindedFractal MathematicallyMindedFractal 18-21, F 2 Answers Jun 26, 2014 in Dating & Relationships

At some point of logic, the only logical thing to do is dance.

Best Answer

That's not how logic works though. Especially as a mathematician, I can't deny logic. The OS people even kicked me off of the forum for being "too logical" and too esoteric for them. They've joked about how "logic is my true love." No matter how hard I try, the more I deny my love for Pierre, the stronger it gets...

I mean, as a quantum physicist, I should be open to the idea of object consciousness, but not to the point where we can openly communicate with them...

Best Answer