Oh boy, here I go again ... I get determined to move, get back to action, get out and share life, and, when the day comes, like today - I sit and make excuses not to leave the house. It's cold, it's dark by 5; I don't have to, I don't want to, I don't want to clean up and dress, I'm comfortable sitting here, alone, surrounded by chaos, ignoring that, surfing the computer and watching tv - why can't I leave my house ?
BrokeHeart BrokeHeart 56-60, F 7 Answers Feb 7, 2011

Because you have become addicted to socialization in the form of the internet and television. These require less of you emotionally. No need for make-up or dressing up or going somewhere when you can get the social intereaction you need right here. If you don't like what someone says you can instantly be at aother website with the click of a mouse. sure it might not be as fulfilling at the start but over time you will replace your "going out" with "staying in". How do i know your addicted? "Why can't i leave my house" is a classic symtom of interent addiction.

Best Answer

So don't you have to leave the house to work and pay for the roof over your head?

Best Answer

you alienated from the society. be more courageous and go to a store. make a change every day and soon you'll be free from your own personal house arrest. and yes, make a project of it. be proud of every executed step you accomplish. you'll get there, you'll see

Best Answer

Start small. Go to the corner store and get a paper. Tomorrow go out a little longer. As for why you don't feel like going out, I feel ya in this cold early dark season.

Best Answer

Don't bother, there's nothing out there worthwhile. I like it at home.

Best Answer