I want to find somebody to love. but i feel that me as a child being beat by my sister at home and bullied at school just kind of ruined my emotional stability.
SoalFox SoalFox 18-21, M 6 Answers Jun 4 in Dating & Relationships

I understand exactly what you're going through. You have to take baby steps at first, allow yourself to get to know another person, but take it slow, there's no rush, you don't have to have all the answers pertaining to someone else right away. It's hard to get past trauma, especially early on in your life, but it is very possible.

Best Answer

Best Answer

Your trust has been demolished due to the abuse you suffered from at home. Especially with her being your sister, someone you are normally supposed to put your fullest extent of love and trust in-- she betrayed that part of you which left a big scar along with further learning not to trust people by being bullied in school. The sooner you acknowledge where your pain derives from the sooner you can begin working on them and stabilizing your emotions (preferably with a therapist to guide you).

Best Answer

I was highly abused as a child. I keep people an arms length way until I know them better.

Best Answer

You could be having some trust issues. Have you ever been close to anyone?

Best Answer

What about the abuse do you feel like is in the way of you getting close to someone you like? I want to hear this from your point of view because it seems as if people throw this scenario around.

Best Answer