Is My Guess Correct? About 90% of Members here on EP, do not Indicate where they are Residing. For me! I just find this annoying. It Bugs me that other's wont give some indication on what part of the World they Reside In. I am so Poor, I don't have the Money to go Hunt someone Down. It would be Impossible for me to do so. I'm not going to do that. Knowing where someone Resides in, or at least what Country In the World. Or for the United States, to say ... Alaska, Hawaii, West Coast, Mid-West, Central or East Coast. If the Pacifics are a bother. But Really! This Just Annoys me that I don't know where others are.
ChakraSolipsismMGP ChakraSolipsismMGP 56-60, M 18 Answers Jul 20, 2010

Some people are here to be completely anonymous, sharing secrets they never in a million years want to come near family or offline friends. I think it's fair that they feel reluctant to divulge something like location.

Best Answer

That's kinda what makes EP special compared to facebook, myspace etc. You can be as anonymous as you want, I like it actually.

Best Answer

Your question made me chuckle a little - not at you, just the idea of one guy trying to hunt everyone down. To answer, at least for me, I don't put a location because if I keep adding personal stuff along with a location, I would not love it if this were eventually linked to me. Especially by a student. I'm not ashamed of anything I've written, but I still appreciate the privacy, y'know?<br />
Don't let it bother you too much. If you think about it, you're learning much more personal things about people than where they live!

Best Answer

Some of us do and some of us don't. But we are all here and thats what counts, isn't it?<br />
The idea of being anonymous appeals more to some folks if we don't know where they are as well as who they are.

Best Answer

... You can do that? Oh.<br />
Maybe some are as retarded as I am, and don't know it. Or they just don't think it's important.

Best Answer

Yes! This was an awareness Question. Not everyone has to say, but in my mind, I appreciate those that will take notice about the features that are in a Person's Profile and make some efforts. I said about 90% don't, but I don't think everyone's excuses justifies 90%. Maybe 50%.

Best Answer

I dont see why it matters. The anonymity about this page is half of why I like it. And it doesnt bother me not knowing where their from. Its who they are, what they write and how they act thats important.<br />
It bugs me more that people for some reason assume Im either english or from usa:p<br />
---------------------------<br />
Im Scandinavian

Best Answer

So? Where Are You From?

Best Answer

I'm from Missouri USA

Best Answer

It's upto them to decide, I've mentioned my country on my profile.

Best Answer

Some people think that by disclosing where they are from lead other people to prejudge them. The beauty of this site is it gives us members to be anonymous as much as what we want.

Best Answer

what does it matter? why be judged by location? we're all here for the message ...that's what's up

Best Answer

So true : New Zealand over here.:::_) Will fix my profile A.S.A.P ....

Best Answer

My username says it all - RSA=Republic of South Africa. Therefore I don't really find it necessary to put it on my profile.

Best Answer