pennyhawkins1966 pennyhawkins1966 46-50, F 19 Answers Apr 20, 2011

it's horrible! especially for those of us that still care about our kids........my boy, autistic...........the whole scenario sends me in backflips with the bastardization of English & the lack of full sentence structure........i don't git it?!......how the F is any one with a mental/developmental disability Ever gonna Get It?! ;-P

Best Answer

Magnumbunny I think, hit it on the head. Everything is abbreviated. (gee! I was surprised I could still spell abbreviated)

Best Answer

I think people that don't use correct spelling are just plain idiots. It is not hard to improve your spelling and grammar. Some people make a conscious effort to spell incorrectly. There are some who use the excuse that they write how they speak--lame. The information is out there. In elementary school you should be able to master the basics before the end of 6th grade!

Best Answer

In Australia, education was dumbed down for two reasons. The first was to make it easier for kids to stay in school rather than drop out and the second reason was so dumb kids could feel better about themselves. Now we have kids who graduate from high school but with the skills one would normally have found in kids about five years their junior. Our future Doctors, Pilots, Engineers will be so useless they will be dangerous.

Best Answer

The main reason why people can't spell is that TEACHERS can't spell! My second grade son has teachers that can't even spell when using programs that have spell check! I guess they don't even know that the red squiggly line underneath a word means that it is not recognized by the dictionary. Just today I received an email with the following sentence: "I am sending home forms with the children that have not payed." Nearly every day there is an email or printed letter/assignment with poor grammar and misspelled words.

Best Answer

Dyslexia,<br />
Chronic Infection,<br />
Health Conditions...poor brain developement in keys areas at key time of grow.<br />
Still smart, still can't spell. Compassion would show you that, look for it.

Best Answer

A number of factors have contributed to the problem, including the following:<br />
1. Television and other image media as a primary form of entertainment--as opposed to reading, which requires actually seeing words, not just hearing them.<br />
2. Grade inflation (multiple causes for this one, not the least of which includes administrators who cave in to angry parents rather than holding the line on standards)<br />
3. Lazy/ unmotivated/ inadequate teachers (sometimes as a result of #2, above)<br />
4. Lazy/ unmotivated/ inadequate students (multiple reasons, one of which might include #3, above)<br />
5. An increasing focus on "self ex<x>pression" -- without including the point that the "expresser" has a responsibility to her/his audience. Otherwise, the "self ex<x>pression" is just a form of lexical self stroking which requires little more from the #3 (above) than a check mark and a smiley face--but no valuable, time-consuming feedback/correcting.<br />
6. The knowledge (from #4, above) that #'s 2, 3, and 5 (above) are the case, so why bother? After all, that leaves more time for #1.<br />
Throw into the mix the fact that people with advanced degrees are struggling to find or to keep a job, yet others who couldn't even construct a readable hold-up note seem to be doing just as well--if not better. Such a situation is a recipe for an educational disaster and, as more states stick it to teachers, fewer good potential teachers will go into the profession, thus exacerbating numbers 1 through 6.

Best Answer

I think you meant "frigging" :P

Best Answer

Im A.D.H.D. & I don't approve of the peoples grammar in this day in age

Best Answer

For a long time many schools in the United States could not even meet educational standards, and the educational system had to be revised and teachers had to be held to a stricter standard, because too many kids were not able to pass the SAT's or graduate from High School.<br />
Fewer parents have the time or the energy to take any responsibility at home to contribute to their children's education, doing simple things like reading to them, or helping them with their homework. Parents used to take their responsibilities toward their children's education very seriously, but increasingly they are placing all the responsibility on the schools, and then we sit back and wonder why our kids can't spell, can't read well, and can't write.

Best Answer

We never could spell correctly then texting came along and made it all so much worse!!!

Best Answer

What makes me incensed is when a young adult is supposedly in University and spells it collage which is the definition of a paper mache' art project me did in elementary school! How can they have passed each test and be enrolled in college when they are unable to spell the word??? Please tell me I would honestly love to know the answer to that one.

Best Answer

Most do it on purpose because they're too lazy to type all the letters or think it's cool.

Best Answer

ugh! it makes me crazy to see the debauchery that people are passing off as proper English these days as well. People no longer need to know how to do things correctly because we have machines to do them for us.

Best Answer

lots of reasons....English may not be their first language, learning difficulties, dyslexia, typo errors , i m guilty of typo frequently.Its about communication as long as you understand what people are communicating i wouldn't worry. The spelling police are silly people.

Best Answer

dare is too much texting going on......words are no longer complete or speled corectly

Best Answer

My brother can hardly spell cat. He is 52 years old. Schools push him through. My parents had there own problems. My brother is not stupid. Give him any machine and he can fix it. He just has problems spelling. You want to hear something worse. I married a man that can not read or write. He is not stupid either. He can run about any machine there is. Good in math. Can read a blue print to make any part on a machine. He is 64. Back in the day he was a foot ball jock. School pushed him through. So yes it is hard for some. Now they have special classes for kids.

Best Answer