dontask dontask 36-40, F 25 Answers Sep 30, 2008

Some people are just not 'verbally expressive', as it were; my parents have been married 40 years and I rarely hear them tell each other 'I love you'. Just because people do not express their love for someone openly, and through words, doesn't mean they do not love them - maybe they are just more private about the things that they feel the most deeply.

Best Answer

40 years aw yea they love each other the are bonded like glue😊

Best Answer

I think because they were raised not hearing it themselves much.

Best Answer

I can't say I love you to my dad I don't know why,I love him very very very much but I'm just to shy and I can't say it

Best Answer

When I was 16, I began a relationship with a man and had two kids with him and it turned out to be a very abusive relationship. In the beginning, I told him I loved him all of the time. However, as the relationship progressed and he continually hurt me and manipulated me, it became more and more difficult for me to tell him that I love him. Then he would tell me he loved me all the time and I felt obligated to say it back. The abuse continued to a point where I would say I love you and when I would say it, it was like there was an elephant sitting on my chest. I ran out of breath and it was painfully difficult to say. Eventually, I just stopped saying it. Now I've been in a relationship with a man for about 3 years and I love him so much but I can't look him in the eyes and tell him that and he has never told me but I feel it hurts him. I'm hoping I can figure out a way to tell him how I feel but I am scared but I know that he needs to know that I do. I don't know what to do about it. Its almost like a paralyzed state to be in for me.

Best Answer

when i feel i love some one too much i can't say it i'm really believe in love but i don't want to show you how much i love you when i really love you i feel if there's some one i don't love much it's easy to say but when i really love it's too difeccult to say don't know why but that is what i really feel

Best Answer

I agree with you. I can't tell the man that I actually love, that I love him. Anyone else I'm perfectly fine saying it but the one I truly do love, its very difficult for me

Best Answer

Because they don't love you.

Best Answer

That's not true all the time now! You can tell by his/her actions and that will really show it.

Best Answer

I can't say it, I could at times and with all my heart but for some reason right now I cannot. This hurts me so...

Best Answer

That's ok work at your pace and you will learn to say it and when you do it will be said to you. It really makes you feel good to say I love you to some one and get it in return. Say it when you feel it. You will be fine

Best Answer

I, myself, can't say it to anyone with a very deep touch though I don't feel less, may it be family members, loved one, dear friends... The only one I seem to be able to tell him I care is my bird. The last time I said I love you to someone was to my dying grandfather and it was quite hard. I guess some people simply need to feel it's very important to tell as some people previously said. Otherwise, they may just let the people they care for know in a non-verbal or very personal way. Some people just can be theirselves with those people while others just make them laugh. Some others smile... There are very different ways of saying it I guess.

Best Answer

I can't say it. I'm able to realize that I love the man I'm with but saying "I love you" holds a very deep, real meaning. Its scary, even. It puts pressure on you.

Best Answer

I personally cant say "I love you" if I do its said I luv ya with a hint on humor because my family was never close we never said it at all I don't believe in love

Best Answer

As a few have already said the phrase "I love you" is taken far too lightly. It should mean something and these days it simply doesn't for most. I think it should be a thought out ex<x>pression of a feeling that you believe will last for a very long time, but in my experience it is the new way of saying "we are going steady" and it is more than that. Personally I am unable to express it verbally. I feel comfort and familiarity with the women I'm with but looking in someone's eyes and really meaning what you say shouldn't be on the same level as a status update.

Best Answer

Because they are shy. It depends on culture too. I love you is a simple sentence but not easy to say

Best Answer

yes you are right i really feel shy

Best Answer

That's true I think you only tell somebody that you love them when you feel it inside your heart.

Best Answer

Yes, right. I don't flirt with any men or use sweet attitude to attract any men.. If happiness is true, I agree to talk with only one man all my life.

Best Answer

For me it was not hearing "I love you" spoken at home made me unable to vocalize my love and later in life a fear of rejection, of not being loved in return.

Best Answer

It's not a question of they "can't" say "I love you", the issue is they choose not say it. All of the previous answers hold many real reasons why. I know a person who chooses not to call most of their cohorts "friends", even if they fit everyone else's description of "friendship" status. She will also not say "I love you", because in her world, this constitutes admitting to certain expectations and committments. I personally feel that these types of folk are afraid, emotionally not-ready-for-prime-time and "punk out" on the experiences that identifying these relationshps bring. Afraid of hurt equals reduced trust and joy. I'd pitty them, but...it's their learning, not mine.

Best Answer

Some people don't say it as a security thing. Others don't say it because they may not truly believe that they do. Or perhaps they just don't want to say for some person reason. Try asking the person.

Best Answer

Some people they dont know how important that is for other people,some think that,love is something very deep ,and they might not know the difference between like, and love,others are too pride to say so , so there are many reasons.

Best Answer

I think it's because for some people (like me) 'Love' means more to them than others. I think that everyone has one person to that they 'Love'. ONE. That's it. Even if the other person doesn't feel the same way. I believe that if you truly love someone. You will ALWAYS love them and there will never be anyone else. None of this "first love" stuff.<br />
I think that the word 'Love' is tossed around way to often. People use it all the time to describe whatever they want. 'Like hate', It's lost all meaning, so saying it doesn't really mean anything anymore.

Best Answer

For some love is a big word, for others it has no worth, for some it has no meaning...<br />
Sammy Jo Duponte xx

Best Answer

It's probably because some people are scared that people would react differently if they said I love you. But there also people like me who can't say I love you easily because those words are very important and they think that it can't be said to anyone just because you love them. Even I can't say it to anyone just like that. I like expressing my love to a person in action rather than using "I love you" as sweet words.

Best Answer

Me and my ex husband had no problem saying it all the time. He was manipulative and, over the years, it became harder and harder for me to say it, but I felt obligated. He always TOLD me how much he cared for and loved me but it never felt 100% genuine. <br />
My dad has NEVER said "I love you" to me, but I know without a doubt that he loves me very very much. <br />
My current boyfriend is the most loving, considerate person I've ever been with. There's no doubt that he loves me, but he's only said it to me once, a year ago when he'd been drinking. I've said it to him a handful of times, and when I say it, I can tell by the look on his face that it's hit him in the heart like a bullet, and he hugs me but he just can't say it back. That's why I looked up this page. I've got to ask him about it, but it's scary to bring it up.<br />
It's just funny that I can feel so much more loved by people that can't say it to me, and I can feel so empty with someone that says it all the time. I guess talk is cheap. But why is it so hard to speak your heart sometimes?

Best Answer

I always tell my sister I love her, but she never tells me that she loves me, we're both girls, and I can't get it!

Best Answer