pfloyd121 pfloyd121 46-50, M 7 Answers Aug 18, 2013 in Community

They would have to stop changing it every five minutes first

Best Answer

agreed

Best Answer

Regarding the good old days, there seems to be a "20 years in the past" idea that things were seemingly always better than the given year.

For example, when I took on a new job in year 1976, there was a man who was complaining the horrible work ethic pervading the company in 1976. He literally always said, "It's not like it was 20 years ago (then in the 1950's)."

I distinctly recall after having been a the company for two months (in July of 1976) how I am going to mark this day, and see if "these" will be the good ol' days in the mid 1990's.

Surely they seemed to be that way! In the 1990's, everybody at work was complaining about profits, and that it wasn't like the '70's when companies had a lot more money to spend!

Ironically, or perhaps not so ironically, people tend to be now talking about how good everything was back in the 1990's!

Mark my word: In the 2030's, people will look back at the 2010's and reminisce how well it was!!!

It's human nature, I suppose, to "forget" the terrible times of the previous 20 year decade and remember only the good times.

Enough of my rambling,

Cheers,

AnonymousButCandid

Best Answer

thats a fantastic answer thank you for writing it all down but i was talking about the good old days on EP not real life lol

Best Answer

Then I would agree with you that difference in the time span between real life and that on EP shrinks to weeks or months rather than decades.

Best Answer

I miss them. Gone forever. R I P good old days

Best Answer

i suppose its just wishful thinking

Best Answer

I try to be optimistic but you know things never return to their original state online

Best Answer

The good ole days weren't all ways good and tomorrows not as bad as it seems. (Billy Joel)

Best Answer

Never did like that piano player

Best Answer

We're talking about EP here, not real life. EP WAS good once. Almost grassrooty. They've ruined it now with their greed

Best Answer

It will, eventually.

Best Answer

hopefully soon

Best Answer

Nude avatars for everyone?

Best Answer

maybe lol

Best Answer