My honest thought on this is that they have a deficiency in their diet. Many people on a modern diet dont have enough minerals in their diet, they are literally suffering from so many deficiencies that they are not aware of. Add to that the amount of high fructose corn syrup in the food that causes your brain to not know when it is full, to make you continue to be hungry, and the long term impact of eating foods that cause insulin spikes and dips, and it all adds up to nearly uncontrollable cravings. There is a really good youtube video out there from a Pediatric Endocrinologist who explains all about HFCS, I think it is called Sugar the Bitter Truth. <br />
What makes me sad is that all these people think it is their fault, and so do many others. Our bodies are run by chemical messengers, and many of the things we eat today confuse those messengers and just really screw up the works. We walk away feeling bad about ourselves, like failures.<br />
The answer is to eat unrefined, unprocessed fruits, veggies, and meats. If it had a parent and a good life before it came to your table, or if it doesnt need a label to help you know what is in it because you can SEE it is a carrot... you are good to go.<br />
So, try not to blame them. Watch that video and see if you dont agree with me that things like HFCS are just tripping these poor people up, and they dont know why.

Best Answer

Interesting perspective but these people know all that i.e about the HFCS and more recently the stunning research on grains (Wheat Belly) but they still use the "spirit is willing but the flesh is weak" excuse. Hmmm, having just typed that...I realize you're saying it's the addictive nature of the processed foods that actually affects their thinking. Thanks, that will help me be more tolerant...until they start complaining again about gaining weight, being sick...it's just a vicious circle.
I want to repeat what Nancy Reagan said about drugs "just say no" and we all know the flack she took on that one ;o)
Do you have the link for the youtube video?

Best Answer

Haha, replying to my own post but I found the link to the youtube video and thought it was very worthwhile to post. Nothing new for me...I've been involved in the food industry's draconian antics for 45 years but thought others might like to watch it...there's actually 6 parts. The presenter is very good, easy to look at...OK, I diverse...but he is very easy to understand and very much to the point....not a lot of details un-needed to make his points.
Thanks whatizmu for the referral. Here's the link:
http://youtu.be/nsWKJ0QJA_E

Best Answer

I think it is super cool that you watched that video and posted it for others to see, too. It is long, but it has some great information.
There are so many sad things going on here. First, the people are being sabotaged by something that is added to nearly every single processed food, HFCS. It is in nearly everything! Then, add to that that it is absolutely certain to be in the most affordable foods, and you can see why the people with less money are the fattest. I think you summed it up very well as draconian antics. When we look around and see fat children, truly obese INFANTS, we can no longer lay the blame at the feet of the people who are fat.
My approach is to eat only things I can recognize without a label.
Cheers!

Best Answer

i have a serious answer....... i really do but, its just not coming to me. its just a cop out really. Lack of discipline or some mingerness like that

Best Answer