wtf do Adam and Eve have to do with us? 1. we don't know them 2. we've never talked to them 3. they never invited us anywhere and we've never invited them anywhere 4.they aren't in our family 5.we are not related to them in anyway so wtf do they have to do with us?
darkangellights darkangellights 18-21, F 29 Answers Jul 7, 2012

That story was concocted by a group of nomadic goat herders thousands of years ago, don't expect it to make a whole lot of sense.

Best Answer

I agree.God was acting butthurt,and that ain't cool for somebody who has so much power

Best Answer

Its just like real life, the mistakes we make now (global warming, society, laws, etc) will be the burden of our children, even though they have yet to be conceived they will shoulder our burdens when we are old even if they did not make the mistakes themselves.

Best Answer

I totally disagree - God has never said that he will punish us for Adam and Eve mistakes, you will be held accountable for ONLY your mistakes.

Best Answer

I think she's refering to original sin and it's consequences for humanity.

Best Answer

Yep, it is as Puck said - Islam does not recognize the original sin concept, meaning that it does not say human beings are sinning because Adam and Eve have sinned, it only recognizes the fact that God made us as human beings sinners and that we are responsible for our sins or mistakes of course if we choose to make them and be real sinners.

Best Answer

If Adam and Eve's original sin (break from God) does not affect us, and we are separate from it, then why are we all not born into the garden of eden?

Best Answer

Being affected by someone's fault doesn't make sense to me, God says in the Quran that everyone has a will and everyone is responsible for his action, because he is just an fair and wouldn't judge us according to someone else's mistake - What Islam says is that simply God has created all mankind including our parents Adam and Eve as sinners, if you notice, God did warn Adam and Eve not to sin just like he warned us, and they did sin just like how we sin, this is our nature, the human nature - Thus, we are not born to be in heaven because as I said we are sinners and God brought us to this life to build the earth and follow his orders, we either sin or we obey him and then everyone gets his reward or punishment at the very end -You might be not able to understand this concept as you are coming from a Christian background and affected by the original sin concept, but it is a very simple and fair concept, we are human being sinners (including Adam and Eve) and that's why we are on this earth, to go through the test of life and then reach the hereafter. But if we were born in heaven, what is even the point? We will be just put in heaven without deserving it? Doesn't make sense and is not even fair, specially that we are not angels to be in heaven, but we are (sinners) by nature not because of Adam and Eve - Hope it is clear.

Best Answer

Do i hear the sounds of a drone breaking its programming and becoming a reasoning, intellectually driven individual?

Best Answer

It's called 'Original Sin'. God cannot coutenance sin. Since Adam and Eve are essentially our 'parents' according to the text, we are all fallen from grace by our parent's sin. It's like we inherited it.<br />
But God sent Jesus Christ to do for our sins, so 'original sin' can be forgiven.<br />
That's God's love in action!

Best Answer

Mass punishment, they do it in the Army all the time. Usually we beat up the a$$hole who started it though.

Best Answer

Genesis is a crappy explanation for that, and I don't believe it. The larger truth is probably way more embarrassing.

Best Answer

I asked a question very similar to this some weeks ago. I agree with you.

Best Answer

Old Testament god was a total jerk, while New Testament god was super cool. Genesis is in the Old Testament.

Best Answer

I say you think God punishes us for that cuz growing up, that was the belief in your environment and so you were told, brainwashed to believe that’s how it is. <br />
The two white people in the magical garden have none to do with you, your ancestors are the chimpanzees which you share 99.9% of genes with...Oh and<br />
In addition, how can you believe a so-called deity punishes?

Best Answer

Wrong. The punishment for eating the apple was the feeling of shame, eviction from a perfect life in the garden, childbirth, hard labour in order to provide for ourselves, and of course the ability to take in knowledge that can stray us from God.<br />
Those bad things, rapes etc - they are not God punishing you. They are the result of evil (devil, if you want), which tempts people to sin. If someone rapes someone, or kills a baby - it's because they have turned AWAY from God and now they feel nothing, no morals, no sense or care for right and wrong. It's evil that gets into people, and its the people who give in to it that do those evil things. <br />
Plenty of people want to blame God for bad things that happen, but that's untrue, God loves you, and wants you to have a good life. It's people that are the problem, not God, and not the apple.

Best Answer

really? Is this the only truth?

Best Answer

but if the apple was so ******* important to him why didn't he put it out of the reach of adults with children like minds ever read bottles that says keep out of the reach of children? well shouldn't it have been like that instead of letting everyone be punished for it oh wait never mind because on second thought one disobedience from satan landed him eternity in hell so why should it matter for us?

Best Answer

This is the truth as I know it. Let me put it this way, if you wake up tomorrow and decide to rob me and set my house on fire - should I blame God, or should I blame you - the human. Who is responsible for the evil just done to me?

Best Answer

Because it was a test, of faith and trust. A test of obedience. We failed.

Best Answer

Well, after reading everyone else's answer... I see no one actually researched this question before. I asked this YEARS ago. Didn't care for the preachers' answers, because each of them just echoed what they were told, or had some interpretation that didn't even make sense, nor was supported by the Book. So, I took it into my own hands.<br />
See, the problem with the Bible is that it is only PARTIALLY translated from the original languages. If you want the rest of the story... you need to finish translating it. Specifically...? THE NAMES.<br />
"Adam" This is the Hebrew word for "man". It could be ultimately derived from Hebrew אדם ('adam) meaning "to be red", referring to the ruddy colour of human skin, or from Akkadian adamu meaning "to make". In the Old Testament Adam was created from the earth by God (there is a word play on Hebrew אֲדָמָה ('adamah) "earth")<br />
"Eve" From the Hebrew name חַוָּה (Chawwah), which was derived from the Hebrew word חוה (chawah) "to breathe" or the related word חיה (chayah) "to live". In short, her name means "life".<br />
So... in a nutshell...? When MAN chose LIFE with the KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL over obedience to GOD ("I AM")...<br />
Suddenly, the story answers that question... ;)

Best Answer

He's God, he doesn't have to make sense--mysterious and awesome are his manna-fueled whims

Best Answer

nothing if theres a god who did all of this why hasn't returned to clean the world of evil? Because it's evil and all the crazy church's through out this world is trying to please the evil over lord

Best Answer

We will be punished for our own sin. Not for Adams trensgression. God is perfect in every way. Therefor he could not create an imperfect world. But if we all came to a perfect world... There would be no point to this life. There would be no test. So god put Adam and Eve in a perfect world. Knowing that they would disobey him. And eat the forbidden fruit. When they are it the world they lived in was no longer perfect. But fallen.

See? The plan was perfect. We have to suffer from there mistake because we have to live in a fallen world. An imperfect sinful world. But that's the only punishment we get from there transgression. The punishment is living here in a fallen state. But that's the only way. That's the most important part of the plan. Some religions have twisted it. But the way they have changed it is hopeless and wrong.

I hope this helped :)

Best Answer
Best Answer

With the same idea I ask you this, why do blacks in America hold all whites responsible for slavery that happened 150+ years ago, I have never owned a slave , have you? What does slavery have to do with us?

Best Answer