darkice123 darkice123 36-40, M 17 Answers Jul 27, 2011

It's abominable how people can be so seriously in error when they're convinced they're right. Men in skirts is not cross-dressing and never was! Neither is women in pants! Neither sex can claim monopoly use of either style! In AD393 Rome exiled men in pants and confiscated their property. One of the Roman terms for pants was "FEMINALIA." In 867AD the Bulgarians asked the Pope if they could be Christians, even though they wore pants! "Pants" comes from Pantalone, the top CLOWN of the medieval Italian Comedy of the Arts. Trousers are equestrian in origin, primarily; and secondarily, arctic. But can men be men even though they don't ride horseback, and don't live in a perpetual cold area? Of course. The Greek army still has a unit of men in pleated skirts, the Evzones. Cops in Fiji wear skirts, as do Dervishes in Egypt ("Tanoura," which means SKIRT, worn by MEN as MEN, not as female impersonators), Bhutanese dancers and many others. Men abandoned skirts, except for certain ethnic examples, after many centuries of horseback riding and the horseback garment, PANTS! Women only started wearing pants due to factory work in World War II, but were smarter than men in that they did not give up skirts! FORGET psychiatry and its hopelessly faulty terminology of "cross-dressing" and "transvestism," unless you're gonna limit it exclusively to men in bras and women in athletic supporters. Polish-American Bill Kazmaier wore a kilt, and turned over a full sized automobile---engine and transmission included---on a level surface---by himself. Roman soldiers wore SKIRTS and CRUCIFIED men in PANTS! The trouser plague on society must be answered by men starting to wear skirts as men! No physiological difference = NO SEX DIFFERENCE!!

Best Answer

Oh for ****'s sake, will this crossdressing **** ever end?

Best Answer

No Never

Best Answer

I am not sure about some comments. What does sexual orientation has to do what clothes people wearing? What about women's cross-dressing, every day millions" wearing pants if I understood the comment right.<br />
But, and that we can't change the history, skirts originally are a male garment only until women cut their long dresses in two parts. <br />
What about comfort for the male anatomy, pants are the most wrong thing they can wear?<br />
I would like to see answers to all my questions. Thanks

Best Answer

You are right. Males didn't always wear pants. And now people act like fashion gods to others in stipulating what others are and are not allowed to wear.

Best Answer

i dont know why but i would b happy to wear pants and a skirt afterall women wear trousers so why should men not wear skirts

Best Answer

between the men and women, who first wore trousers?

Best Answer

It was a status thing. There's a great book on the history of costume which can give you exact dates and such. Sorry I can't get you the info, I just don't have the book in hand =/

Best Answer

I am going with the comment from "Overpower". But I want to add that most people do not think any more, just rearranging prejudices, they just can't understand that some people want to go out of the mass and do something for their health, fashion ,feeling, taste and soul. What could be more comfortable for a male body than skirted garments? Pants????

Best Answer

manly from riding horses and that part that men wear the trousers pants and then it be came a stigma that men wear pants not skirts so they got use to wearing pants but it would be healthier if they went back to wearing skirts it a mans garment not womans. it would get rid of the baggy pants and they would look smart again pants can be dangerous on the reproductive organs

Best Answer

Each to his own...I wear the pants in my house

Best Answer

women have more to hide.

Best Answer

Oh really? Last I checked, I didn't have a p and t.

Best Answer

some guys still wear skirts...like the Scottish

Best Answer

And like American men who don't like bruised balls &amp; a low ***** count.

Best Answer

SHort answer: Men had to ride horses long and hard for hunting as well as war. Women squat to pee.

Best Answer

Some men maybe. I am a man who doesn't even own any pants.

Best Answer

Horse riding then the industrial revolution proved pants to be more practical and never changed. Women didn't embrace pants in a big way till the late 60's... with more open minds they wear whatever they want (doesn't say much about how men think)! There are no reasons for men not to wear skirts!

Best Answer

This is an age old question that plagues me and also makes me saw why as well. Also one could ask why men stopped wearing tights as well.

Best Answer

It is a matter of one wanting to control another. Males didn't always wear pants. There is no God law that states that males are feminine if they wear skirts and dresses and that females are masculine if they wear pants. It is all derived from what humans wanted other humans to wear and control of fashions set in.

Best Answer