I won't go into much detail. But basically he's physically abused her on multiple occasions. She finally left him after the last (really bad) incident. She moved back to her home town about a month ago. And now I see on facebook that they're back together and she's coming back to be with him. I'll never understand. I mean in some sick twisted way, she's has to like it right? I haven't talked to her much since I found out. I can't bring myself to say anything nice about the situation, so I haven't said much to her at all. Why women do this is beyond me!
AnnieDreams AnnieDreams 22-25, F 16 Answers Mar 23, 2012

There's a psychology to it. She has low self esteem. He still has a control over her. It's hard to describe it to someone who's never been there (and I hope you never are). It's stupid to go back, especially after getting out. But her reasons for it are probably stronger than she feels at the time. Sucks. The only one that can help her at this point, is her.

Best Answer

Yeah, I see your point. I can definitely understand the whole low self esteem and him being able to have control over her in that way. I just wish girls like that could get it through their head that they are way better than that. And no one deserves to be treated that way.

Best Answer

Details are irrelevant.... she's just dumb.

Best Answer

Because they all do ! <br />
Abusers tell them that it was THEIR fault that they had to abuse them. <br />
If you didn't do this I would not have had to hit you. <br />
That is what they play on. Until the woman finally has enough. Usually when she is down to 3 teeth left and blind in one eye.

Best Answer

She isn't strong enough yet to believe she is worth more than that type of treatment. The best thing you can do for her is to help her see how much she has to offer and how much she is valued. When she finally believes in herself - she'll leave him so fast it will make his head spin. The absolute worst thing you can do right now is to tell her how bad he is and how you don't like him - she'll tell him and he'll use that against you - filling her head with lies about how no one but him loves and understands her and how her friends can't be trusted. Believe me.

Best Answer

The money.

Best Answer

What money? lol. That's def not it.

Best Answer

The sex?

Best Answer

Or the drugs?

Best Answer

have no clue, she never appeared to be on anything.

Best Answer

an abuser will cripple you ego making you think that no one else will want you. consequently when you leave one you don't think there will be another option, it's them or nothing. this is one of their most effective tools. the best thing you can do is work on her confidence. also get her to research the psychology involved. there are free websites with advice by type that are quite helpful.

Best Answer

Because she has not come to her senses Yet...???

Best Answer

Love is blind.

Best Answer

And it'll take over your mind

Best Answer

oh that is too bad! but she sound so insecure, but she will eventually come to her senses,albeit late in the relationship but she will, so don't say anything to her, she won't listen, but be a friend and be there when she does

Best Answer

I'd look into her relationship with daddy

Best Answer

maybe shes a masochist

Best Answer

I'm starting to believe it.

Best Answer

masochist will do Fed up things to get punished

Best Answer

girls like bad boys

Best Answer

Maybe she's an addict and he's a dealer...

Best Answer