I had a blood test today, and as the nurse was filling up the 2nd tube of blood I heard air escaping from something. The nurse pulled the needle out of my arm and said my vein quit giving blood. She had to insert the needle into another vein. What the hell happened to my vein?
boarderline boarderline 36-40, F 7 Answers Jan 12, 2009

What the nurse may have not told you, is that she probably gave you a hematoma, basically she accidentally went through your vein into muscle which will give only a little blood, then eventually stop. In smaller injuries it's essentially harmless, except for the pain it causes.. Either that or your vein collapsed, in which case the vein would turn very dark, almost black and would be visible under your skin spanning a ways up your arm.<br />
Either that or your blood pressure was far to low.

Best Answer

Most likely dehydration

Best Answer

your vein probably collapsed, and it could have happened because you may have been dehydrated as an earlier poster stated. <br />
Don't worry, you'll be fine. You have lots of veins.

Best Answer

Vox, you bit me to it!!!

Best Answer

OK, this happens to me all the time. I had to have blood drawn for a blood patch in my spine. I had a hole that needed patched. The guy needed to draw at least three big tubes. The blood was not coming through. This process took him approx 10 sticks and so many needles, etc, etc. My problem they say, is that I need to drink fluids. I'm always dehydrated and I have very low blood flow, and pressure. The doc says "YOU MUST DRINK!"<br />
LOL, I don't know for sure why this happened to you, but in my case, its dehydration.<br />
Hope this helps.

Best Answer

you died?

Best Answer

Zombie?

Best Answer