rain777 rain777 41-45, F 10 Answers Apr 18 in Hobbies

He didn't. He said, "I find no fault with this man".

Best Answer

Your statement is true, but Pilate was pressured by the crowd give in to their demands and sentence Jesus to death.

Luke 23:13-25

Pilate called together the chief priests, the rulers and the people, 14 and said to them, “You brought me this man as one who was inciting the people to rebellion. I have examined him in your presence and have found no basis for your charges against him. 15 Neither has Herod, for he sent him back to us; as you can see, he has done nothing to deserve death. 16 Therefore, I will punish him and then release him.” [17] [a]

18 But the whole crowd shouted, “Away with this man! Release Barabbas to us!” 19 (Barabbas had been thrown into prison for an insurrection in the city, and for murder.)

20 Wanting to release Jesus, Pilate appealed to them again. 21 But they kept shouting, “Crucify him! Crucify him!”

22 For the third time he spoke to them: “Why? What crime has this man committed? I have found in him no grounds for the death penalty. Therefore I will have him punished and then release him.”

23 But with loud shouts they insistently demanded that he be crucified, and their shouts prevailed. 24 So Pilate decided to grant their demand. 25 He released the man who had been thrown into prison for insurrection and murder, the one they asked for, and surrendered Jesus to their will.

Best Answer

you did not have to so type all this....I know the scriptures and I know that he washed his hands in front of the Jews and said to them "you see to it". Now was that right? No, he appeased the people but he himself found no fault in Jesus. Thank you!!!

Best Answer

That is a mighty fine explanation of a 2000 year old fairy story...

Best Answer

We will see after while what is a fairy tale or not. Stay tuned and find out buddy.

Best Answer

Pressured by Jewish leaders... crucifixions were ordinary then?

Best Answer

He wanted to be remembered as the good guy...

Best Answer

Probably the sh it he was saying made pilot sick to.

Best Answer

Pressure from the pharisees

Best Answer

Jesus was rousing ethnocentric sentiments in some of the segments of Jewish society. This was seen as a threat to stability in the region. The local authorities agreed with their Roman counterparts and elected to eliminate Jesus as a way to quell these sentiments before they could reach a boiling point. Jesus was aware of this, and as a result tempered his message into a less aggressive form. This upset some of his original, hardline followers, and led Judas to testify to the state against Jesus as retribution. Now having plausible evidence from Judas's testimony against Jesus, they executed him.

Best Answer

Because there would have been a riot if he didn't.

Best Answer

Overdue parking fines.

Best Answer

We'll never know for sure........

Best Answer