seotelkniwt seotelkniwt 61-65, F 9 Answers May 21, 2013 in Community

to keep their voices hi and out of sickness, I am catholic but that was seriously wrong

Best Answer

The Roman Catholic Church is notorious and scandal riddled. Honestly, If were a Catholic, It would be: "mums the word".

Best Answer

In short they were evil and cruel. Many of the young boys died horrible deaths. Would the Vatican care, NO.

Best Answer

Oh I did'nt know that. How sad.

Best Answer

I wasn't under the impression that was a Catholic thing. Its is weird that they did it just so they could sing high....you have to wonder about people who never thought to just let so females sing the high part.

Best Answer

You are not by yourself. Many, many people do not know about what the Roman Catholic Church did to young boys for centuries. That practice is in "decline". Google or Bing in the Words: Roman Catholic Castration of Choir Boys or Castrato Phenomenon or Castrated Choir Boys or anything like that.

Best Answer

Google or Bing in: The oldest known or living castrated choir boy.

Best Answer

I knew people did it...just not that it was part or Catholicism

Best Answer

Ok

Best Answer

I'm going to say it was meant to keep the testosterone level low so their voices would not deepen (even though getting female singers would have been a better and more humane substitute, but hey...... what can you do?)

Best Answer

It's sickening to think about it because even after these choir boys grow into men or adults their voices still have a feminine tone because of the castration they underwent.

Best Answer

To keep their voices from "changing". They were music slaves. Don't remember what country that was...Irish History.

Best Answer

Wherever and whatever country the Catholic church reigned there is where those atrocities regularly took place......Also, the Catholic church made young boys and their parents feel ( they were brainwashed into this erroneous thinking) that it was a 'privileged' and 'coveted' act to have performed on them....How sick and detestable can you get? This was something that God NEVER sanctioned.

Best Answer

huh?

Best Answer

In shock?

Best Answer