It is called Libya....................moron..........cannot stand idiocy.................
I lived and grew up there from 1964 - 1972 and then worked there in shipping/ transport 1980/1981...............I know a lot about Libya pre- Gadaffi and post Gadaffi.....oh and i have an Honours degree in Arabic from Leeds University.................so was not misled etc etc
We didn't invade Libya. Oh and btw, you're crazy.
I don't think that was a real person.
if we didn't invade Libya, how did those soldiers that are there, get there?
They're Libyans, they live there.
I think you need to do more research, there are 600 AMERICAN soldiers, on the ground
Americans went in 20 years ago and bombed Gaddafi's palace. My question is.. why did they go all that way.. and then stop?
hindsight is 20/20. We weren't bold enough to stand behind our convictions as a country.
To help Obama's re-election campaign
I guess we screwed up and forgot to take any of that stuff..
We, the USA, did not invade Lybia. We have been overextended for way too long in other turd-holes. We simply did not have the resources to commit very much to the Rebel Alliance. To the degree the United States did anything, it was by invitation.<br />
We all serve someone. Personally, I would rather be a cog in the capitalist wheel than a fiber in the carpet of any African government. I know of other big splash actions he ordered. They do not make him good. He was a danger to me and my country as long as he lived.
My thoughts too.
Because we were bored
Because we felt like it....
WE as in USA we? wasn't it Britain and France that led the charge?
What invasion? All we did was destroy tanks and artillery pieces when they threatened civilian populations. The rebels did the rest.<br />
1) They had no need and still have no need, removing Gaddafi changes nothing.<br />
2) The UK alone gives Africa that every year in aid. <br />
3) Dunno, but single currencies don't work and the mineral wealth of Libya means they won't be borrowing any money anytime soon.<br />
4) That's not going anywhere<br />
5) True but it wasn't like they weren't selling it before and it's not like they're going to sell it at a cheaper rate than anyone else.<br />
6) Oh really and what about the Chinese that own the bulk of African mining operations?<br />
7) Wasn't aware we were short of water.
you have all the answers,why the question ?
because we do believe that every people has the right to control its own destiny... because we hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness... and because these bastards got a shitload of oil, innit ?
We thought we're the police of the world, removing people who are threatening us and our ally.
They don't even know why.