justmepat1954 justmepat1954 56-60 13 Answers Feb 6, 2013 in Community

My ancestors emigrated from Sweden because it was too cold. So they moved to Minnesota.

Best Answer

so they moved to the state of lakes and cold, and the movie Fargo

Best Answer

Some of them came to Canada and moved to the USA for the sake of convenience. Some for business opportunities. Some were here to begin with.

Best Answer

I have been here from the beginning myself. :)

Best Answer

Mine came, likely for the same reasons people came over back then and now...opportunity. When they originally came over land was so cheap, they scooped a large amount of that up at extremely LOW prices...a wise investment indeed. Have you ever seen the original postings for new opportunities in America...funny to look at now. Those that came over must have been alcoholics with a death wish...and here we are ;} But the posting basically said, something along the lines of...opportunity for cheap land abound, but life will be hard, you may not make it. It's funny the way it was worded. I would love to own one of those original postings now.

Best Answer

European Jews starving to death. They changed their name and religion when they entered America.

Best Answer

I think that is what happened to my mom's,great grandparents who came from Poland. There last names are not on any of the papers from late 1800 early 1900,I think they were Jewish, changed to Catholic fit in better in USA

Best Answer

I should have that info. History connects.

Best Answer

My family came from Ireland and Mexico. Both sides came because their children were starving. The Irish side came here over 100 years ago. The Mexicans less than 20 years ago.

Best Answer

They didnt.

Best Answer