It's as least as valid a question as any other on the site. Unfortunately, the people who self-identify as Christians and behave in a less than Christlike manner get a great deal of publicity (Pastor Terry Jones, Westboro Baptist are some prime examples). There actually are good people who walk the walk, out there, you just don't hear about them. As for the way the president is treated, that's good old-fashioned bigotry at work. It's one thing to disagree with a leader, for political reasons, that happens all the time. But the reason THIS president is hated so virulently in some circles and treated with such blatant disrespect is racism, pure and simple. People can deny all they want, but that hasn't gone anywhere, and alas, it doesn't look like it ever will.

Best Answer

There are those who cry racism where none exist, and use it as an excuse for their failures. I have heard 0bama make a lot of excuses " it's the other guys fault" but I have never heard him say it is because of my race.

Best Answer

And he won't, because anyone looking at it dispassionately can plainly see it. Like I said, the racism is NOT in the fact that they disagree with him, it's the extreme hatred, contempt and disrespect with which it's expressed. That's the difference.

Best Answer

There's nothing easy about racism, unless you're a bigot yourself. During the Bush administration, the Republican often said, "respect the position if not the man" but clearly they've forgotten that with Obama. No one spoke of "lynching" or hoping that Dubya would be "assassinated", even with trillions of dollars and thousands of lives lost in Iraq, over an 8 year period. Can you explain how Obama could possibly have earned such savage hatred in less than four years, from trying to clean up that mess ? And remember, it began from the day he took office. Sometimes the obvious answer IS simply the truth.

Best Answer

If you never heard anyone say they wanted Bush dead, assassinated, or lynched you weren't listening, there was a constant drumbeat of bush should be tried and executed for war crimes among other things from the opposition, I have even read that here recently on EP. To say that liberal democrats didn't and don't still savage Bush is just plain false.

Best Answer

You're 100 % correct! They've hated him from day 1! I believe actually on day 1, Limbaugh said it for all his follower haters that he hopes Obama fails- never even gave him any kind of chance! but u know what? Hes not failing! And he will be re elected in 2012

Best Answer

I'm not talking about the average person on the street talking about Obama, I'm talking about Speaker John Boehner feeling like he can decide to refuse to meet with the PRESIDENT because he's in a snit, or a governor who can be photgraphed shaking her finger in the face of the PRESIDENT like he's her child. GOP Kansas House Speaker Mike O'Neal sending an email referring to the FIRST LADY as "Yo Mama" and praying that she becomes a widow.

Best Answer

Yes, I've heard that, and I understand that.But, my original question was, why do Christians, who are supposed to be so Christlike, hate so much?? There is nothing Christlike about them. Actually, I really do know the answer. They're hypocrytes

Best Answer

AnnieMaee, those are indeed hypocrites.

Best Answer

I am an Atheist and even I can see that you are listening to people who are only wearing a christian coat to hide who they really are.<br />
It has always amazed me that people that hate Limbaugh have apparently never listened to him. the correct Limbaugh quote is " I hope Obama's policies fail " you complain about false statements from Christians but you yourself take the word "policies" out of a quote to make it seem to be something evil.

Best Answer

You are fair-I say that

Best Answer

Rayndancer, I am not trying to hide who I am by donning the persona of others. I am an Atheist I do not believe in a god or gods. I am not a member of any religion. But I do understand that there are those that get great comfort from their belief that there is a supreme being watching over them and guiding them, if that makes their life's burdens easier then I am happy for them. But there are others that will use that belief to their advantage - they are just scum. I am in the 26th year of a happy marriage to a devout Catholic, we both recognize that a persons religion is a personal thing. Like you I am a political conservative. Does that answer your question?

Best Answer

I have heard him, and I have heard him say, along with wanting his policies to fail, he's also said, "Yes, I want him to fail!" I have heard him say that. ! More then one time

Best Answer

And Rush said it going out of the gate, before it was even clear what the policies would be. Maple10, I appreciate that you can discuss issues without personal attacks or condescension. In that regard, you are indeed always fair.

Best Answer

You are making a silly wide sweeping and inflammatory statement. If you really want to have a dialog please email me. Otherwise I will pray that you find peace in your life

Best Answer

I wonder if some just think because they believe in god/ Christ is enough.... don't worry about people in general, just believe that if they believe they will get into heaven... step on everyone else along the way. I attended a Catholic school as a child... couldn't believe how stuck up and mean people were when they are supposed to believe in God/Christ. Idk. Been wondering that question for a long time.

Best Answer

I am a Roman Catholic and I can assure you that I do not preach, especially hate.

Best Answer

The connection between religion and politics is fundamental; I'll agree with them that far.

Best Answer