Well, then they need to learn how to grow the 'f' up... Seriously....
Kitten18002 Kitten18002 18-21, F 21 Answers Jan 8, 2012

It probably depends where you live. Parents seem to be doing their best to keep their kids from growing up at precisely the age when they need to learn how to be adults.

Oh, did I mention a lack of adult male role models?

Best Answer

Yeah, parents give up...

Best Answer

I dunno, from my perspective, 17-19 year old guys ARE boys, really...

Best Answer

Tey are young adults, not boys

Best Answer

"from my perspective", I was very specific about that. Just like from YOUR perspective, at 53, I'm probably an old woman ;)

Best Answer

They are definitely still boys at that age... and part of them will always be a boy, even when they are actually old enough to be considered "a man"

:o)

Best Answer

They are young adults...

Best Answer

because they ARE boys.

Best Answer

They ARE young adults..

Best Answer

A young adult is someone in an adult body with a less than adult brain. They're boys.

Best Answer

They are not men. Not biologically. Not psychologically. Not emotionally. And you? How old are you?

I remember being a teen. We all thought we were invincible - especially the boys. Many wanted to impress the girls and show other boys how tough they were. It was an awkward often painful period of growing up.

But know this. The human brain is not fully developed until you are approximately 25 years of age. It is that part of the brain that gives you an understanding of cause and effect. You learned that for every action their is a reaction. You are able to fully understand that all actions now can have serious and possibly painful consequences later on. You learn how to use good judgment, but that does not mean you will always use that good judgment. It is a choice! You also will have the capability for other thought processes associated with rational, socially acceptable behavior. But, once again, it will be a personal choice on whether or not you want to have socially acceptable behavior.

Some of you will just not care. Others of you might have a mental illness or disorder that creates a disconnect in your brain that affects your ability to have socially acceptable behavior. Bipolar aka Manic Depression; Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder [ADHD]; Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD); Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD); Panic Disorder (PD); and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) to name a few. There are more serious mental illnesses like schizophrenia that usually do not show up until a person's late teens early to mid 20s.

So, you see - it can be complex and complicated.

But, as teens girl tend to mature a bit fast than boys do - you are going to have to deal with that immaturity until they do grow up and mature at their own rate. Trust me - that may not be for another decade in some of them! You will have develop a lot of patience until then!

Best Answer

well iv just turned 19. .. female. ... i work... study at college. .. see my friends. .. stay out with my friends. .. still stay with my parents but give them 150 a month plus buy anything i want. i have my own house key so they dont need to wait in on me or anything. so. .. am i a girl. .. a young adult. .. i feel adult coz most people my age still go out and get totally drunk to the point where they cant stand. i feel mature 4 my age x

Best Answer

unfortunately they are still immature, and not really men yet. Very few are ready to grow up at that age. Unfortunately there are women that encourage that behavior too.

Best Answer

Cause most of them are still boys. It's a know fact that girls mature quicker than boys. I was like that until I joined the Army. Brother; did I grow up and mature fast after saying 'I DO' to Uncle Sam. I went in a Boy but I came out a Man.

Best Answer

Our society encourage both men and women that age to act like children; at an age when they used to be expected to become responsible society now wants to keep them immature. It's like we want to keep expanding childhood and irresponsibility.

Best Answer

Well i grew up....

Best Answer

I don't know you, so I'll take your word for it. But I was thinking that when I was your age large numbers of students graduated High School with the assumption they'd go to work, join the army, go to college to study seriously, whatever--become functioning adults. Now it seems like an increasingly large percentage of High School graduates head for party schools, live at home and don't work, whatever, and they expect to be treated as children and supported by their parents.

Best Answer

hormones, same reason 14-17 year old girls think they are all grown up.

Best Answer

We men really don't start growing up till we're about 30 yrs old. You have to learn patience or start dating older men.

Best Answer

Maybe ill do that...

Best Answer

hey were not all that bad...

Best Answer

Because at that age they are not men, they're boys. I see many 16-17 year old girls out there with bodies like you'd expect to find on a 25 year-old woman, but they're still just kids, regardless of what they look like, or how they act.

Best Answer

They are young adults, not boys seriously... Im 18 and even i know the difference....

Best Answer

No, they are not young adults, they are children who very soon will be young adults. And even into their mid-twenties when they are young adults, they will still have moments when they act like teenagers, because they haven't had enough life experience to calm them down or give them wisdom.

Best Answer

I especially like the fat hanging over the jeans, the no style hair and clothes and the great education the majority of you have.You can't go two minutes without texting "like what are you wearing?" Do you really think you are attractive? Body more like a 60 year old not a 25 year old!

Best Answer

My son is 17. Hahahahahahahaahahahahhh- Oh, God that's good, You are sooo funnny ,. . .men, she says, men hahahahahhaha, jeez that's rich --fkkkn men my Thomas hahahahahaha

Best Answer

Yeah, n im 18 and a girl and ive seriously grown up more in the past 2 years than my guy friend has in the past 10 years.

Best Answer

I'm a 19 year old boy and I feel like a kid still. Like I know I have a lot more growing and maturing to do. I'm still a teenager and I just want to go out and party at night, but I know it won't be like that forever :(

Best Answer

19 year olds at work are "horndogs"! They think they have been there done that and have a t-shirt...........really at19? They still live at home....mommy still takes care of them and for the most part they are just beginning to learn but are unaware of how dumb they are! Call in sick once a week minimum, want more money and many don't have a clue about the "bottomline" at a company! I'm talking about the boys that don't get it and have never been in the military or can't get up or to work on their own, not the 19 year old men of the world! Thank you for the 19 year old men!

Best Answer