Joel1206 Joel1206 22-25, M 16 Answers Sep 27, 2012 in Health

They're afraid they might have to pay for it. What they don't consider is that their (our) taxes have been paying for the uninsured for years. Many people without coverage avoid seeing the doctor until they're actually really sick, then they go to the emergency room, where they can't be turned away. The hospitals pass the extra costs onto those of us who do have coverage. With the healthcare plan everyone is covered, and each paying a small percentage. What's unfair about that ?

Best Answer

If Jesus was running for Savior in Chief of the United States he'd be criticized that way because he'd never be able to satisfy everyone. And you know who'd be the ones he could satisfy the least and would disagree and criticize him the most? THE CHRISTIANS, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!

Best Answer

Sadly, that's so true. :(

Best Answer

Of course! Jesus would soon learn one of the facts of life we all know well. The one(s) you hurt the most (always) are the ones you love, and he'd soon find out on the campaign trail with the boos at his promises and the signs the Christian protesters held up "who loves ya, daddy?"!

Best Answer

Because there's no such thing as free. (I'm living proof. I hardly have anything to eat three weeks each month.) The health care would be free only for the receiver of it. Some has to pay for it. We don't receive aid from foreign countries. That means I'll be paying for it because i pay taxes. I can't afford to eat the last three weeks each month. Ipso facto, if you want free health care, i ain't gonna pay for it. I can barely afford - and sometimes not afford, causing me to have to cancel necessary medical appointments - my required medical insurance twenty dollars co-pay for each appointment. I earned my lifetime retiree medical insurance by working twenty-six years, ten months as a police officer, taking crap from criminals and fellow officers and supervisors every day of those twenty-six years, ten months. I don't have a penny in savings from it all to supplement my very modest (i.e., measly) pension, because my father and stepmother stole tens of thousands of dollars of money i earned and intended to put into savings to supplement my measly pension, causing me to have to go deeply into debt which has last my lifetime. I can't wait for tomorrow because tomorrow is pension day. I'm hungry NOW and have been for three weeks.. I have forty-one cents in my checking account for the past three weeks. I can't afford a car so i hope the only local taxi is available tomorrow to take me food shopping. If you or anyone else needs free medical care, find someone else to pay for it. Don't bother this American (i.e., ME). **DID THAT ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?

Best Answer

***For anybody who thinks I'm full of shyt, I'm 5'8", down to 180-190lb. When i eat regular, healthful nutrition, i have between three and five large, healthy bowel movements daily. For the past three weeks (and the same each month) I've been having one or two loose bowel movements a week, always accompanied by one or two or three thirty- to sixty-minute vomiting sessions weekly. Any more questions or allegations of how full of shyt i am?

Best Answer

YOU WANT THE REAL, REAL ANSWER? The late Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan, may he rest in peace, back in the sixties, kept repeating the fixes for the then-growing but new problems of welfare. He said, IF THIS COUBTRY DOESN'T START TO ADDRESS THESE ISSUES NOW, THERE WILL SIMPLY BE GENERATION AFTER GENERATION OF THE SAME (related) FAMILIES DEPENDENT ON GOVERNMENT HELP (Social Services). NOW IS THE TIME TO ADDRESS THIS VITAL ISSUE AND IT CAN AND WILL BE RESOLVED. IF WE WAIT, IT WILL ONLY GROW AND NEVER BE ABLE TO EVEN BE ADDRESSED PROPERLY, BECAUSE WE WILL HAVE A LARGE, EVER-GROWING SEGMENT OF OUR NATION'S CITIZENS ON WELFARE. God bless him for being one of the rare men in politics who spent his life in service to the people. (Senator Moynihan was as Liberal a Democrat as you'll ever find, God rest his soul.)

Best Answer

You cant eat but have internet?

Best Answer

I eat oatmeal and crackers and other dry cereal & such, but I can't afford tv or a car. Mobile web, mainly ep, I'm on sixteen hours daily. Why do you ask that?

Best Answer

America has been the wealthiest country in the world with remarkably low unemployment rates for over a century and accomplished that in part by keeping corporate taxes and regulations low as well as government entitlements. It's a great strategy for growing new markets fast and became political dogma in the US. Somehow fundamentalist Christianity also seems to thrive the more capitalistic and classist the country so it grew as well.<br />
The problem is 30 years ago with outsourcing and automation that strategy began to backfire and all the wealth started accumulating at the top. Similarly an increasingly educated workforce required social changes that traditional fundamentalist Christians opposed such as civil rights, women's rights, expanding entitlements, and now even gay marriage. <br />
In other words, the strategy was too successful and brought about it's own demise. It was the fast track towards wealth, but it came with a lot of screaming and yelling and gnashing of teeth that probably won't be seriously resolved for another century. A way of life is dying and people are not going gracefully into that dark night.

Best Answer

I agree with you. But I'm lesbian, and read my story in I LOVE THE LITTLE RASCALS; i ner want to see peoples' rights lost for elitists (i.e., Christian whites, WASPs, etc.).

Best Answer

Excuse my typo. I'm an old lady with cataracts. I meant "never" , not "ner".

Best Answer

That's a tradeoff that seems to be unique to democratic societies. We trade money and power for social tolerance. It's the corruption that eventually gets us if we don't have good institutions for stopping the worst excesses.

Best Answer

Not all Americans do.

Best Answer

The cost ,it would be worse than the uk national health service .People rip the arse out of it .<br />
It is grossly mismanaged because it's taxpayers money.

Best Answer

Not all do...I don't....But what I do hate is that what we have ended up with is a piece of legislation that was flawed from the very start and did little to address the very problems that it was intended to solve.

Best Answer

We want everyone to get very sick, die, and reduce the population.<br />
Yep. That's it.<br />
More room for the rest of us.<br />
(I'm normally not sarcastic on Qs, but this one is WAY out there and assumes something that is rather ridiculous. I question its purpose, since the assumption is in the Q and is not about gaining insight.)

Best Answer

It's tough to support population control while certainly not advocating killing people when people like you talk foolishly. Read my recent story to I HATE PEOPLE WHO SAY ABORTION IS MURDER. My story applies to people like you. How many starving orphans have YOU adopted?

Best Answer

****correction...the group is I AM SICK OF PEOPLE WHO SAY ABORTION IS MURDER.

Best Answer

Hate me if you want. But I do think that you should be grateful that you are around to rant about us. After all, you might have been aborted.

Best Answer

They are not Americans, We are suppose to be the greatest country in the world so why should`nt we help all Americans

Best Answer

Read my answer.

Best Answer