kingshel kingshel 26-30, M 6 Answers May 5 in Politics

Nothing wrong with knowing what others are thinking, but I you a right in observing that Americans tend to talk about being individualistic but are scared to death when they are asked to take a stand on something that they may think will be unpopular, or their so called superiors might bully them about.

Best Answer

Hit the nail on head!

Best Answer

people everywhere are like that

Best Answer

Might be true but I have spent most of my life in USA, so I felt it was unfair to generalize people from other countries.

Best Answer

i've been around the world, it's no different anywhere, just go shopping and see

Best Answer

It's very different MrMoose. Why else would you be proud to be American if it's the same everywhere?

Best Answer

There is little difference between people in different counties on this issue.

Best Answer

you are english, proud to be, my family came from scotland, proud to be scot, everyone can be proud of their home country

Best Answer

but again, go shopping, what gets purchased? what is in fashon

Best Answer

Key aspects of the culture include the idea of the importance of being individuals and independent. So sadly imho there can be a denial of their humanity: that is the need for others, to be mutually independent. And this leads to distortions

Best Answer

We are....I know there's got to be an agenda here ???

Best Answer

Clever girl ;-) my agenda is exposing our hypocrisy. I feel like we present ourselves as individualistic because we tend to have tattoos and **** alot. But if everyone is doing it how much if an individual can you be?

Best Answer

I hate tattoos also...

Best Answer

I don't hate them, but I don't have one though. I was just using it as an example of something that is suppose to represent our "individualism".
P.S. I hope you don't think I was implying you are a velociraptor with my "clever girl" remark.

Best Answer

Curious about why we think what we think, eh? ;)

Best Answer

No just frustrated with hypocrisy. I admit I wrote a manipulative question.

Best Answer