TylerDePiteeyord TylerDePiteeyord 18-21, M 18 Answers Jan 21, 2013 in Hobbies

There is no British language; it's English. If a person was speaking Gaelic they would be speaking a British language but not the language most Brits speak. So we speak English and the Americans speak a heavily corrupted dialect of English called American English.

Best Answer

WHAT!!! YES THERE IS A BRITISH LANGUAGE!! It's called Welsh. Season uffar!

Best Answer

Shut your sheep shagging gob! XD

Best Answer

We shag 'em you eat em'.... oh and I've pi ss ed in the water you're drinking....

Best Answer

LMFAO!

Best Answer

The British have an accent and speak what is known in the academic world as Proper English. The Americans speak a "lazy" English using a lot of phonics and slang.

Best Answer

Yes, exactly.

Best Answer

:) every English speaking culture has their slang .... including the British.
The most universally understood English, and the most easily understood comes from .... India.

Best Answer

really, India? I can't hardly understand those credit card people and usually hang up on them

Best Answer

the king's english?

Best Answer

There is no king, so wouldn't it be the queen's english. Which brings up the questions, if it is the queen's english, and women normally speak more passively than men, shouldn't England be speaking passively?

Best Answer

way back when there was a king.

Best Answer

Language changes every day, the point is getting the meaning across :P

Best Answer

Try going to South Carolina especially in the rural areas. Now there is an accent.

Best Answer

The two languages are slightly different.

British movies released in the US should have sub-titles. It takes a while to catch up with the British tempo and run-on words, a couple of hours for me. By then the movie is ending :)

Years ago I would to travel to England a least couple of times a year and would often bring gifts for friends in the US who had family in England. I'd call and visit the English friends to deliver the gifts and it was so much fun trying to sync with the British version of English.

Best Answer

The English speak

Best Answer

Quite many English people speak British.... it's called Welsh these days

Best Answer

Don't generalize here. Americans as a whole don't say the English speak British.

Best Answer

some do

Best Answer

How about.."the ones you have met." I'm sure you haven't even met "most".

Best Answer

Translation. Some = One; Most = Two; Everyone = 3 or more.

Best Answer

Lol most hardly means two. Haha

Best Answer

in new england states their speech is some of the old british.in ma.they drop the r.

Best Answer

Hardly sounds like a Brit, and, unless the are uneducated people, they still don't say "the English speak British".

Best Answer

How about American English?

Best Answer

loool that'll do ok ...... just i notice this and i find it weird#

Best Answer

Most Brits speak English,even the Scots,Irish and Welsh. Its not British its English

Best Answer

I don't know but i'm English and i say i speak English. !

Best Answer

so do i but ive noticed many americans in stuff say we talk british

Best Answer

god knows... weird!

Best Answer