firstminister firstminister 56-60, M 44 Answers Apr 25, 2012

Now look here Mr...lol...I have the freedom to own and shoot my gun...Thank you very much...

Best Answer

Sadly you aint free & being able to carry a gun dont make you free. No guns means less murders & more freedom

Best Answer

It also increases the chances someone will not hurt me and that my friend is freedom to me...

Best Answer

why would any one want to threaten you

Best Answer

No guns means murder by other means!

Best Answer

Being a rape victim and my sister raped as well and then killed during a home invasion, I wish I would have had a gun to protect us. Now I am licensed to carry and after many sessions of PTS therapy, I can face life with courage and able to defend myself if needed. I have been fortunate to have a friend in law enforcement that has taken great time and patience to be able to have a CCDW and to mentally be strong again to reason the situation. Now I am part of a group of women who can aid others in the process of healing and responsibly being able to Carry Concealed.

Best Answer

I am also a rape victim and this is the reason I carry...I am so sorry about you and your sister....

Best Answer

The whole right to bear arms is a misprint from the constitution. It was supposed to read, "We have the right to arm bears." It was simply never corrected.

Best Answer

That is correct

Best Answer

Thank you for your support.

Best Answer

Thats nuts, l'm an American, and a gun owner, I have never been shot at or threatened with a gun once, the only people I know who have been are thugs.

Best Answer

Exactly that is why gun ownership is not necessary. It dont mean you cannot have guns & go hunting or shooting ranges. Gun laws will reduce crime over time & they should be taken from the thugs

Best Answer

I forgot to say those ears are lovely but the eyes are piercing

Best Answer

it dosent mater if guns are necessary thats not the point, the point is freedom and the right to bear arms. although i would never be without a gun i know they are necessary. when you hear someone creeping around in your yard in the middle of nowhere you want that gun.

Best Answer

You got that right Pixie

Best Answer

Oh contrare my friend. My one heiroing experience was enough to prove the value of real protection to me.Gun laws to an extent are valid. To make it ilegal for a good law abiding citizen to have one is actually reasonous because it is against the constitution

Best Answer

what in the f uck are all these people from the UK doing on here talking about guns in the US ? What the F uck is going on with that?

Best Answer

We want you to become a civilised nation

Best Answer

I'm sure thats what Hitler wanted for you a few years back. Lucky for you we were there with our guns then.

Best Answer

Yes brave & corageous police of the world.
Suppliers of arms to Hitler. Japan bought you into the war & you came a bit late.
Syria

Best Answer

they can not win the war on drugs how can they win the war on guns only the thugs will have guns wake up

Best Answer

Are you drunk?

Best Answer

I really don't see your logic. An armed population are citizens, unarmed ones are subjects!The second amendment is not a misprint! it was originally the third amendment, and the fr<x>amers of the bill of rights included the right to keep and bear arms ahead of such things as arrest witout warrant and trial by jury because they fought and died to be able to have freedoms and keep them! I have never seen a gun harm anyone, it's the criminal or moron holding it that does the harm! I have also never heard of a criminal who complied with gun laws! i would also add that if there were no guns people would kill each other with knives or clubs! When they banned guns in the UK the crime rate rose 40% in the first year.

Best Answer
Best Answer

The opposite of Freedom would be confinement. Could you please explain how guns confine Americans? Other than arguing weapon registration, because that is another factor, and not a requirement in all of the United States. Owing a gun is a choice, so are we free if we do not own one? And if guns were illegal, than only the criminals would have them, so can we be free without guns while risking oppression from criminals? I am sorry, I just really don't understand your argument and I would really like to. Please address the specific concerns I have brought up.

Best Answer

Good answer, very inteligent.

Best Answer
Best Answer

yes very

Best Answer

That was an interesting and thought provoking article, but I still do not see the correlation between gun ownership and freedom. Are you arguing that we believe that our ability to legal own gun is the only argument we have left to justify our freedoms? I could see how it would be the easiest "go-to" argument, but I do know of many other arguments and reasons why Americans are content with their country.

Best Answer

Yes check statistics on gun killings country by country. Unfortunately you have a terrible record

Best Answer

The second ammendment, a part of our freedoms, allows us to bare arms. Guns don't equal freedom, freedom allows the right to own wespons. I'm not saying I agree with owning weaons but one must remember that America was founded on violence and the need to obtain territory, there fore people feel the need to be allowed to defend themselves and their property. Also what alot of other countries forget is The United States is HUGE filled with alot of sketchy backwoods places and people. If you ever had to be in those areas I'm sure you would feel the desire to have some kind of weapon on you to ensure your safety .

Best Answer

My 85 year old neighbor was awakened one niight with the noise of someone trying her back door. She grabbed her deceaced husband's shot gun and yelled through the door that if they didn't leave her property immediately, she would fire close range right through the door. and she would have. Needless to say, whoever it was left. :) I will always keep my firearm close until this old dark world is gone

Best Answer

A great way to live

Best Answer

A sad way to live your life

Best Answer

The idea is that if nothing else a well armed public can put up a resistance and that threat alone would make any wannabe tyrant hesitate.

Best Answer

A civil War. Great

Best Answer

Or a revolutionary war like the one that founded the country.

Best Answer

Had I not owned and possessed a gun, my life would have ended in 1997. Statistically, when nations outlaw guns, violence increases drastically, whereby in countries like Switzerland where gun ownership is "mandatory" they have far less violent crime. I am not sure that the premise of this question is accurate anyway. It is not due to "think that the right to own guns gives them their Freedom" that I own guns. It is due to my perceived right to stay alive as I choose in my own areas in which I choose to live my life. I would not want to live in a strict muslim country without the ability to protect my body from the perceptions of other people and their behaviors. Now, metaphysically speaking, it is all a different ball of wax.

Best Answer
Best Answer

No, I have personal experience. Read about crime rate increases in England and Australia and find out more about their crime rate increases. Like it has been said, guns don't kill, people do. I was very very glad to be able to continue to live after stopping this man from beating his son which is why he came after me. Gun rights forever.

Best Answer

I dont know what crime rates you are talking about. America is rife with so much crime, much more than any civilised society. Very sad

Best Answer

The published statistics show that in those countries in which gun runs were taken from average citizens, violent crime increased. Enlighten yourself. Had there been a registry of domestic violence offenders (there still isn't), I could have checked and found that the guy I was dating was one, and I could have avoided the threat to my life. I also found he had kidnapped his children out of the state (Felony Hague Act) against their mother who was hurt and through which he received a domestic violence conviction. My gun ownership preceded my "relationship" with him, and when he beat his child it was OVER, but since the children's mother put up with multiple beatings, apparently he thought I would put up with one. I didn't. I am alive. While I see you are firm in your position on gun rights, you have to know that many others have opposing points of view.

Best Answer

There is mothing wrong with opposing views. Statistics show that Americas crime rate is too high for a civilised society.

Best Answer

I own none- none in my home - I'm free to not have them- Jeeze why does it seem US citizens are pigeon holed into one size fits all when we have the most diverse population in the world

Best Answer

I'll check it

Best Answer

Good you dont need guns &amp; they dont make people free

Best Answer

Well- I feel a tad free knowing the US army has them as well as the police and the sheriffs. Best leave somethings to the experts. But that's my comfort level. My son turns 18 in 2 weeks and he wants a pistol permit. Personally I agree with you. But while it is a legal right I begrudge no law abiding permitted gun carrrier. I do question how much freedom it insures-

Best Answer

Iraq &amp; Afghanistan have loads of gun touting kids

Best Answer

They also have no gun regulation

Best Answer

I think their Right to Bear Arms business is so they can fight back if the government tries to tyrannise them, or to discourage the government from trying to oppress them. Makes sense I guess.

Best Answer

What a joke

Best Answer

you must be brainwashed

Best Answer

With the greatest of respect Page, thats really not the case

Best Answer

Yes, free like England where there's a camera on every street corner.

Best Answer

Yes, but we know we are not free.

Best Answer

But the british &amp; many other parts of the civilised world has much more freedom than the Americans, they just dont know it

Best Answer

funny thing is we all saw what happened over sears years ago when the right was taken away from the pople in other countrys<br />
and do you really thing the bad guys are going to give up there guns<br />
do you really thing the police are going to protect you ifit comes down to push Vs shove dream on<br />
IF YOU USE A WEAPON IN A CRIME YOU SHOULD BE TAKEN OUT PUT UP AGAIST A WALL ANS|D THAT SAME WEAPON USED I ON YOU<br />
IF YOU ARE PART OF THE GROUP TAHT USED A WEAPON YOU ALL DIE<br />
TIRED OF HEARING ABOUYT THE RUIGHT OF THE BAD GUYS THE <br />
GOOD PEOPLE HAVE RIGHTD<br />
hell you do more time for stealing food from a store many times then you do for using a gun in a crime<br />
we need to enforce the laws on the books we need to start removing people that repeatly break the rules to an island some place and let the anti gun people more with them to help them build a new world order

Best Answer

Just keep on masacring innocent people you freaks

Best Answer

I'm American and I certainly don't believe that. In fact, I loathe America's gun culture.

Best Answer

The civilized people of Great Britain just blow each other up with bombs. The outlawing of bombs totally stopped the problem there. The idea of taking away a gun from a law abiding citizen just because a criminal misuses is ludicrous. More laws don't equate to freedom...they only stop those willing to follow them. An example, I have to give my drivers license and sign a statement no to misuse sinus/allergy medicine and can't buy more than one box for my family at a time. That law has totally stopped the methamphetamine manufacturing in this state. NOT! Leave my gun rights alone.

Best Answer

Yes the money for bombs was sent from mcDonalds &amp; Noraid Yanky Cnts for years to ireland. You freaks only realised when your cities started getting attacked. You just keep gunning down innocent unarmed schoolkids &amp; cinema goers you load of wnkers

Best Answer

My response to you was civil and will remain so. Your comments about these victims of recent crimes is insensitive, inflammatory, and shameful. In your anger, you missed the point. Laws aren't going to stop the criminals. The US Constitution protects gun ownership by law abiding citizens and the majority of the citizens want that preserved. Good luck to you.

Best Answer

Our constitutional rights have made America great & strong but today they are being invaded and eroded away. The gun ownership issue is just one of many of our rights the powers to be are trying to remove from us. If we don't work to protect them all, we will loose them all. I myself hate how some misuse our right to own a gun but, that does not mean we should all have that right taken away. We are able for the most part to protect ourselves from take overs, etc. because everyone knows that most all Americans own at least one firearm and we know how to use them. Those who misuse use any right should have that right individually taken away.

Best Answer

The 10,000 people murdered last year &amp; their families agree with you

Best Answer

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."<br />
George Mason<br />
Co-author of the Second Amendment<br />
during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788 <br />
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />
"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves …"<br />
Richard Henry Lee<br />
writing in Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic, Letter XVIII, May, 1788.<br />
"The people are not to be disarmed of their weapons. They are left in full posession of them."<br />
Zachariah Johnson<br />
Elliot's Debates, vol. 3 "The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution."<br />
"… the people are confirmed by the next article in their right to keep and bear their private arms"<br />
Philadelphia Federal Gazette<br />
June 18, 1789, Pg. 2, Col. 2<br />
Article on the Bill of Rights<br />
"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"<br />
Samuel Adams<br />
quoted in the Philadelphia Independent Gazetteer, August 20, 1789, "Propositions submitted to the Convention of this State"<br />
The Founding Fathers on Arms<br />
"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence … from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable … the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference — they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."<br />
George Washington<br />
First President of the United States <br />
"The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand arms, like laws, discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as property. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside … Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."<br />
Thomas Paine<br />
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, e

Best Answer

In this modern world the families of murdered &amp; slaughtered victims by criminals will not agree with those statements.

Best Answer

Your premiss is very anemic. You discourse about rights is flawed. Only under constant restraints do we loose our rights either by oppressive laws or leadership. As you say no one has the right to kill another person that in itself is lazy academics. For any man can strike down, kill, enslave, rape, rob another at any give time this is done by risk and reward. If the reward or outcome is great enough then he will do this action and risk the consequences. By laying down our weapon we increase the odds of the oppressive groups to readily take the risk because failure is at low.
There are too many nations to count that when surrendering their arms they saw only tyranny and slavery.
Man doesn’t give rights God does, because when man gives rights he can take it away and he tries, But when God gives you rights no man can take it away unless you let him become your master.
As for your comment about people who lost people from crime. I grew up in the city Rochester NY which has a worst crime rate in NY State. I had family killed by gun violence but I also had my friends and family who defending themselves legally with fire arm and that is what has kept them alive no a police officer or them telling the man who was going to hurt them that they didn’t have the right.
Police do not prevent crime only solve them, I do not want them solving my murder only the death of the intruder who I was defending myself against.
Now go and catch the butterfly of the perfect world you invented. When you find it will have Jesus on the throne then Ill beat my guns to plows, but I don’t see a throne or Jesus.

Best Answer

Again, there is no doubt that some misuse and abuse all freedoms. This does not mean all should lose that right but, the abusers need be punished. It has only been the past few decades that so many have abused the right to bare arms. There is much crime in this world. No one should be left defenseless against one who would rape, beat or kill them. It's the mentality of the time that is killing innocents, not the guns the evil doers may use to do it. People are beat to death, burned to death, butchered with knives. Are we to take away people's rights to use fire or have knife to cut their meat?

Best Answer

People who want to murder will mail toxic chemicals and rattlesnakes to their victims, cut their brake lines, poison with arsenic, use knives, and weird Eastern tools. People who need to kill others will find a way. The government taking away weapons is the first step in enslaving the masses. The world is and has always been a conflicted place. Nurses in hospitals ("angels of death") and people with mental disorders (including serial killers)... well the unacceptable fact is that people prey on each other. Some cultures have far less than we do, but the USA is like a pimply-faced hormonal teenager. I prefer to own weapons, and I always will, even though it is not the death I fear but the pain and disability caused by those who are bigger and more muscular than I am. Living a life as a victim is not much of a life.

Best Answer

What kind of baited question is this? You are attempting to characterize someone else’s thoughts. But you are on the right track by stating that the opposite is true. I believe our freedoms and rights as Americans allows us to own guns.

Best Answer

No one has a right to murder innocent law abiding citizens. Civilised people do not need them.

Best Answer

Yes, no one here in the US has that right. No one has a right to murder innocent law abiding citizens. However, some civilized people choose guns to protect themselves against the uncivilized criminals who would use guns regardless, even if they were banned. Despite what you may think you know about American gun laws. And despite the wild circus of news coverage on the Zimmerman case. We do not have a large number of cases like Zimmerman‘s. Hardly any of our murders are perpetrated by licensed gun permit holders. It’s statistically irrelevant compared to the overall murder rate. And if you tried a gun ban like they have in Australia, The only people left with any guns would be the criminals.

Best Answer

One day the only law we will live under and by is the law of love. One night I was with my youngest daughter out front of a well lit grocery store. We were approached by a very good looking young man who tried to make us think we should have known him. Then he got weird an his whole demeaner changed. Thankfully I at that time had my carry permit for my .38. I noticed he kept looking into the black pick up parked next to us. He gave looks that were like signals back and forth to the driver of the pickup. I got very concerned mainly for my daughter's safety. I had been holding my revolver the whole time, inside my purse. The young man made a motion as if to try the door my daughter was stiing next to. I pulled the revolver out of my purse and merely placed my hand on top of the steering wheel where the store lights had it plainly visible. I wanted these punks to know that we were not easy pickings. I saw them look at each other in surprise.I put the car in reverse and pulled out of there, leaving the one guy standing there with his jaw dropped. LOL
I kept looking in the rear mirror but, I guess they wanted no part of this mama lioness or her cub. I will always believe that just having that gun that night, saved us from something really bad. So, you see, it isn't the revolver that did the thinking. I did and by being a legitamate gun owner, my daughter and I escaped danger. That very week, two men abducted a little blond girl, much like my daughter, only 40 miles away from here. The description was identicle to those two we had encountered. I didn't have to harm anyone. Just the mere sight of my gun was enough to give me an edge on the situation. Only people pull triggers. Guns only do what humans use them to do. Thank GOD I had that revolver!

Best Answer

Contradiction is very often the most visible mark of a true statement. The way of peace is the way of war. Only by the rule of law people are free. To bear arms is to defend peace and to prevent tyranny.<br />
“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” - Thomas Jefferson.

Best Answer

It's one of the freedoms Americans have. We've given up the illusion of freedom from government intrusion via the "Patriot Act". Obama has ordered the military to kill an American citizen without charge or trial. He has since openly claimed that authority as president. Congress has failed to challenge him on either action. Due to their lethality, private ownership of automatic weapons are illegal in the U.S. The government with the help of a cooperating media campaigns against "assault weapons" which are ordinary semi-automatics with combat style stocks! The ignorant government employees and urban residents think the effort is to ban fully automatic AK47s and the like. The media reports any rifle used in a crime as an AK47 or an "assault rifle". Why do Americans defend the right to own guns? It's a Constitutional Right that requires an amendment to remove it! Obama likes to go over, under, or around the Constitution but many before him have failed to game the process and I'm betting he will fail, too. You Brits have enough to worry about with your wire-tapping anyway, don't you?

Best Answer

We certainly do.Wire tapping dont happen in America

Best Answer

Wait until the NWO nightmare is fuuly in place!

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

What do you care what we think? You don't live here and you're not a American.

Best Answer

I care for Americans but cannot understand how they consider the right to bear arms gives them their freedom.

Best Answer

Forgive me for being skeptical. The way the question is phrased and your responses to people's comments suggests that what you're really interested in is validation of your own anti gun agenda.

Best Answer

My question was meant to provoke answers

Best Answer