firstminister firstminister 56-60, M 43 Answers May 12, 2012

Because it's the greatest godamned country in the world you rotten toothed , marxist limey !

Best Answer

i might have worded it differently --

Best Answer

For now, at least, it is, Peza...check back here about 200 years from now and we'll tell you if it still is...lol

Best Answer

lol !

Best Answer

Why would we? I live in America and I don't hear anyone saying that ..

Best Answer

My question eminates from other questions & answers I see on here. Yes why should many of them believe that, it seems you are not taught world history at school.

Best Answer

I am. Still don't get why we'd think the world revolves around us. Maybe old men who survived the war...

Best Answer

Cause it does

Best Answer

that is what you are taught to believe

Best Answer

Why are there people who think all Americans are all the same? I know the world doesn't revolve around me and I get insulted anytime someone tells me what I think. You don't know me.

Best Answer

Would all you jealous people like me to call a whaaambulance?<br />
List all the things we've done for the world. The Marshal plan comes to mind right away. However your generalization that we think the world revolves around us is wrong.

Best Answer

If so many people have asked questions like this, it must be true

Best Answer

Its sad that you think that way

Best Answer

not as sad as the people who keep asking this question waah

Best Answer

Agreed-Firsty posts different iterations of this Q every day-sad

Best Answer

Like firstminister,here-same question,different day!

Best Answer

Geez, is this the Revolutionary War redux---Britain vs. 'the Colonies' ?

Best Answer

Its called educating yanks

Best Answer

Educating us with what? LOL!!! The USA has been in existence less than 250 years, for the most part, and has risen to be the greatest country in the world for a number of reasons. 8 out of 10 new medical innovations originate from the USA. Why is that, do you suppose? Because we are conceited? LOL!!! that's a hoot!!

Best Answer

You mean it doesn't?Isn't that in Genesis or something?Hmm,better WikiP for confirmation..thanks.

Best Answer

thank you Brain

Best Answer

people think what we want them to think...

Best Answer

you may think that

Best Answer

Well, when you need help, who are you going to call? Ghostbusters or the United States of America?

Best Answer

biggest gun

Best Answer

Most countries are the product of history, lot's of accidents and little planning. Americans have been very successful for almost 200 years and we believe the reason is the design of our founders in 1776 - 1789. Like a religious belief, it can resist facts very well.<br />
Until 1942 Americans largely ignored the rest of the world. WW2 was a morally clear war, the NAZI's were evil, Americans good, and Russia ignored. Japan, Italy, and Germany were democratized successfully. America and American ideas were triumphant.<br />
The Good We have stopped big wars.<br />
The Bad We can't change culture directly, indirectly MAYBE.<br />
The Ugly We kill a lot of people and waste a lot of money trying it.

Best Answer

God bless America, the saviour of the world

Best Answer

'nazi's were evil, america good' that has to be the worst statement ever made in mankind.

Best Answer

Isn't it a matter of perception? I would think no matter where you are the world revolves around you. There just happens to be more of us on EP.

Best Answer

No. English is spoken around the world because of England &amp; its many years of trade. England is the centre fopr trading being that it is mid way between the East &amp; the West

Best Answer

Are you drinking?

Best Answer

Yes would you like one

Best Answer

no it's too early you lush

Best Answer

....Because.....it does. America is the greatest country in the world, bar none. We are the country with the most freedom and the most opportunity. More people are flocking here than any other place in the world. THEY understand it. An inordinate amount of people willingly risk their lives just to get here. Why do you suppose that is??? Because it's such a bad place??? No, because it's the land of opportunity, that's why.<br />
If you are born a commoner in Britain, you will be a commoner when you die. If you are born rich in Britain, you will be rich when you die. That's not the case in the USA. Dirt poor people can come here and become wealthy if they work hard and get lucky. No other country in the world offers that.<br />
It's as simple as that.

Best Answer

I am afraid you are very misinformed to think that Americans have the most freedom in the world.

You are one of the only nations in the world demanding tax from citizens when they have migrated to another country ie that don't even live and work in the USA anymore! Where is freedom in that? In recent studies you are only rated as between 7 and 10 in most cases, you will have to google "most free country", I don't seem to be able to insert links to studies.

One example, and number 1 is Hong Kong ie China, the USA is 10th.

"The United States, with an economic freedom score of 76, has lost ground again in the 2013 Index. Its score is 0.3 point lower than last year, with declines in monetary freedom, business freedom, labor freedom, and fiscal freedom. "

My country of New Zealand is now the most free place to live in the world overall.

Best Answer

I might add regarding "most opportunity. More people are flocking here than any other place in the world". I left everything and landed in America a year ago to co-found a company (only because the business partner was based there). We had an investor with quarter a million, we employed people but I could not get a visa to stay. As part owner of the company I had to leave, we had to closed the company, lay off people. I moved to the lovely, friendly country of Mexico instead and ran business from there instead. I would far prefer to live in Mexico than America anyday - way more freedom than America and happier healthier people and easier to do business.

Best Answer

I've been to Mexico. You can have it. Ever been to Juarez? It's a killing zone as are all the Mexican cities along the border. Hong Kong won't be free long, i bet. China is going to take it over one of these days. I would agree with you on the taxing situation. Liberals are taxing and spending us to death.

Best Answer

That's freedom to either win or lose. You lost. 8 out of 10 medical innovations originate from the USA. Why is that? Because we don't have a ton of bureaucrats running the industry ....that is...until about 3 or 4 years ago. We had a medical industry that was the envy of the world. Mexico is a 3rd world country. Enjoy it.

Best Answer

If We truly felt that way,it would perhaps be because We have done so much,for so many,Because it was the right thing to do.

Best Answer

You don't know **** about America, apparently..It's not what you see in the media.Our gov't may think that tripe you typed along with some of the population,however a lot of us are decent people just trying to get by in the world like everybody else.But if i were to wager as to why some people think that way,it's b/c everybody is on our di*ks about something or another.I get it,we're sexy.But just cause i don't care about you doesnt mean i think the world revolves around me.

Best Answer

hmmmm just kinda curious England superior to us ??? those limey tea drinking yips would be eating rice , and there'd be Queen Yamamoto not Elizabeth if not for the U.S !!! As for the world revolving around me , not hardly ! since i have bills, a mortgage and car payments that i pay , not the government paying them no world revolving around my ***........

Best Answer

Ah, yes I remember you tried to take Cuba. From memory, Korea as well did you also try in Vietnam? I think you was successful in Greanda yes Yanks can hold their heads high.

Best Answer

had we wanted to really take those countries, we could have. No question about it. We have created superior technology to anything the rest of the world has created. We decimated the 4th largest standing army on the planet in about a month and showed it on television. Go ask saddum who's sane. If we step on the gas, it's all over but the sad singing and slow walking.
We should have stopped castro. we sent squads over there, not the force of the USA.

Best Answer

Whenever I see something like this--the only logical conclusion is that an American girl must have rejected him so now he's decided to lump a group of over 300 million people together and call them ignorant. The funny thing is how he completely misses the irony of such a thing. Good luck with your prejudices and misguided nationalism, I'll live my life judging people on the content of their character instead of the country listed on their birth certificate, and we'll see who lives a happier life.

Best Answer

I like trhgis answer it is so true, you are very clever

Best Answer

i like that one!

Best Answer

you are probably right, jena5150!! LOL!!!

Best Answer

Because we have a big bad bloated military.

Best Answer

Yes scary, BOO

Best Answer

Speaking as an American, I certainly don't think the rest of the world revolves around us and neither does anyone else I know. There are, however, quite a few of us who are proud to be an American. Just like I'm sure people people are proud to be British, French, Italian, Japanese, Australian, etc... Our government does happen to stick out noses in places where it doesn't belong, but that's their fault, not the citizens of the country. I believe our over exposure through the music and film industires worldwide combined with our government gets us worldwide attention, in turn making us look like we think the world is America. I would be willing to say the vast majority of Americans certainly do not think the world revolves around them. It's a beautiful country with a lot of amazing people. Don't let the media give you a bad impression :)

Best Answer