YungTaku YungTaku 18-21, M 14 Answers Oct 9, 2012 in Education

You miss the point of schools and teachers, they do not lie, they give history facts. Unfortunately, how facts became history is horrible. Something you have to learn after the fact. Colleges know more about how history was made and the horrors.

Best Answer

You are absolutely correct that they teach lies. Not all lies but a bunch. And they leave out very important parts of the truth. Ever read any of the history books by "Mental Floss?"

Best Answer

So much of the way history is reported and taught seems to depend on who is in power at the time I think about Custer and how it was reported his men were slaughtered by "savages" but had it gone the other way it would have been recorded as a great victory . But when the native americans were exterminated through genocide for their land they were just savages. Strange huh

Best Answer

Perhaps you could learn the proper use of language then complain?

Best Answer

Sorru blame the phone, it doesnt let me see what I be texting on here

Best Answer

You are so right. So many are either overlooked completely or just skimmed over and many times the things they do teach are not true. I know they way under teach Native American Indian facts and most of what they do teach isn't correct. I am sure that is true for many other cultures also.

Best Answer

THey AREN'T "native" They immigrated as did ALL our ancestors. Iike the Canadian term---First Nations.

Best Answer

History tends to be subjective; people remember it differently. I guarantee if you take an American history book, a German history book, a Japanese history book, and a British history book, they probably all mention WW2 but they'll each have different accounts of the same events.

Best Answer

and language skills.

Best Answer

Because the rose-colored version is more PG-13, and half the teachers don't know the real history to begin with.

Best Answer

so they can grow up bi-est

Best Answer

biased!

Best Answer

They don't want them to know the dark truth?

Best Answer

What lies are they teaching??? I guess I missed something.

Best Answer