LionChick LionChick 13-15, F 19 Answers Apr 12 in Politics

Hmm, the same reason people of all religious call out people of different religions. Anytime you use a broad generalization (you just did it XD), you're usually discriminating :3 Don't worry about what other people do; just be kind to them and show them they're wrong XD

Best Answer

Atheists have no deity telling them how to treat others. Presumably, Christians do. THEY state that they're held to a different standard than the rest of the world, so it's interesting when they fall short.

Best Answer

My advice is not to set yourself up for a heavy dose of criticism unless you are really prepared to take it without getting mad. Criticism against religion, especially Christianity is a fact of life. It could be much worse! Across the pond, they are killing Christians at a pretty good clip.

Best Answer

Because they are stupid themselves lol. Some people just need something to mock so they can feel better about their own pitiful lives.

Best Answer

The opinion of non religious people shouldn't really matter to religious people about their own religious books.

Best Answer

You're kind of doing the same thing though aren't you? Saying that atheists are stupid and lead pitiful lives.

Best Answer

I said some people, not atheists.

Best Answer

Mankind has always feared what it doesn't understand. That fear turns to hatred. Unfortunately, many Christians have been discriminatory in the past and currently. A lot of people stereotype us ba<x>sed off of that.

Best Answer

In my opimion, the devil is a creature that embodies cruelty, rape, and hatred. I do not worship the "god" you just described. I worship a God built on random acts of kindness, on love, and on life itself.

Best Answer

because obviously they are the stupid ones :)

Best Answer

Cause being an atheist does not necessarily smarter or less prejudiced. It might make you prejudiced in a different way

Best Answer

you got it wrong, ALL religious people are stupid AND discriminatory!

Best Answer

lol no! just kidding ;)

Best Answer

Maybe because believing in fairy tales is for children.

Best Answer

i don't believe in the stories themselve--the world, for example, was probably NOT created 6,000 years ago. What I believe in is the symbolism. The message: Love thy neighbor. Give to others. Be the best person you can be. At least that's what I believe in.

Best Answer

You don't need religion or God for that; all you need to do is learn to love. Love everything and everyone!

Best Answer

In my book, if you believe in love you believe in God--the God that I believe in is an embodiement of love.

Best Answer

You will chase your enemies, and they shall fall by the sword before you. Five of you shall chase a hundred, and a hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight; your enemies shall fall by the sword before you. For I will look on you favorably and make you fruitful, multiply you and confirm My covenant with you. You shall eat the old harvest, and clear out the old because of the new.

Leviticus, Chapter 26, verses 7-9

Love,eh?

Best Answer

"If your neighbor slaps you turn the other cheek to be slapped as well. If your neighbors pull your cloak from your back, offer your coat as well."

A reading from the book of common prayer, last Sunday.

Best Answer

Also, I honestly, if the Bible offers something I don't agree with, I honestly don't care. I don't stand for the Bible; I stand for God.

Best Answer

Philosophically speaking, if you want to say that Love is God then God exists. But God in a religious sense is an abomination.

Best Answer

I have to agree with you, at least partially. I consider the God that religious extremists (a.k.a. Bible-thumping Natzis) worship to be an entirely different God than the one I worship. In my book, a God of hate=Satan.

Best Answer

Just pointing out the glaring contradictions in that book. Oh, if you stand for God then who dares stand against you. ( not me, rather be fishing)

Best Answer

No. Christianity means something different for everyone, and, for me, I worship a God of love and forgiveness. People who blindly fallow ANYTHING are sheep. We all should chise what our religion means for us.

Best Answer

Because they belong to satan...

Best Answer

You mean to you right?

Best Answer

Satan is the embodiement of hatred and cruelty in the universe, just as God, in my book, is the manifestation of all love in the universe. They are not a little red monster or an old man on a cloud.

Best Answer

People have to have something to believe in if we don't we seem to fall apart

Best Answer

As an atheist, I do not say that all or even most religious people are "stupid". I say that religious people are brainwashed or simple choose to blindly follow the words of those who wish to control them.

Best Answer

Are you aware of Lillith? From the bible? I ask,looking for a polite debate.

Best Answer

I am aware of Lilith--she was Adam's first wife, but got booted out of Eden because she wouldn't get it on with him. Now she's the mother of spiders and scorpions and kills human kids whenever she can.

Best Answer

Not all Atheists accuse Christians of being discriminatory and say that all religious folks are all stupid, most atheists don't bother with saying anything about religious people.

Best Answer