I'm not listing my views or anything. I just want your thoughts, beliefs, and point of view. Please no rudeness or fighting. I just want to hear what you have to say.
Shayisboss Shayisboss 16-17, F 30 Answers Nov 21, 2012 in Religion

How can they have feelings for someone they don't believe exist?

Best Answer

Exactly...

Best Answer

Because I don't have an inner need for God ... even when I was little and went to church and prayed it was weird and uncomfortable. When I started asking questions, I found out that the only answer that made sense is that God is a fabrication.<br />
And really, I'm happy as an atheist. I have a strong moral centre, I am good to my family and community, and don't really feel I'm missing anything in my life. So why should I have to believe in something that I see no evidence for?

Best Answer

we don't feel anything towards God. That's the point. We don't think he exists...<br />
... because he doesn't. How can we feel anything for something we don't believe exists?

Best Answer

that is arrogant, 'because he doesn't'

Best Answer

It isn't arrogance if it's true. It's stating fact.

Best Answer

how do you know that it is a fact, do you have concrete evidence proving that he doesnt??
I dont believe in god.. but have respect for others

Best Answer

You can't prove a negative. Burden of proof is on them, and they can't do so. I won't tolerate an intolerant religion.

Best Answer

I get what you mean. I mean why don't you believe that he exists? I'm sorry if I sound overly stupid right now. I can't think of a better way to ask the question.

Best Answer

For me, there's not enough persuasive evidence but I have no problems with anyone having beliefs about our existence through the means of a God. If that's what provides them comfort and solace in the hardships of our time then let them believe.

Best Answer

Because they have the right and freedom to feel how they feel towards him.

Best Answer

Since there is no God I dont feel any way about her at all.<br />
But if I was to find out there was a god I would demand an explanation for the ***** of a job she's been doing.

Best Answer

I feel the same way about god that I do about Voldermort or Edward Cullen.

Best Answer

I don't feel anything about god, I think it's a story people came up with to explain things they didn't understand. I've never seen any reason to believe there's a god, or felt I was missing anything.<br />
It's a cliche, but I think the best way to put it is that I "feel" about God the way you feel about Thor, or Athena.

Best Answer

Now that athiesm has taken full effect :<br />
Unless you have "seen" god, who knows if he's white he could be black or asian or spanish hell he could even be incan <br />
Now that i've stated my point <br />
I'mma go back to listening to Raindrops

Best Answer

I'm not exactly an Athiest but I don't believe that God is a tall white man with a long grey beard that stands up 50 feet in the air. I feel that it's very sexist and racist in a way..as if a white man was in charge of us all..<br />
I believe that God isn't a person, it is a form. A large form of passed souls that are still here with us, which is why God is everything, God is the Earth and it's also why God doesn't have a proper first name. It's just there. It's not a human or an animal...

Best Answer

Thanks for the best answer :)

Best Answer

No prob. Your's seemed the most honest, and gave me a pretty good point of view of where you're coming from. (not saying that I didn't like anyone elses) It also kinda made me giggle. (In a good way)

Best Answer

That's good. I don't exactly press my beliefs on other people. I think they should believe whatever they want to believe without invading other people's beliefs. If they feel that God is a dragon with a human head and broomsticks for legs..so be it :)

Best Answer

Because it is their honest opinion.

Best Answer

That is between him and me

Best Answer

So you believe that there's a Him? Does that really make you an Athiest?

Best Answer

A= away from. / Theist = god believer.

Best Answer

ba<x>sed on my personal observation, meditation on the subject, and knowledge of people and sociology, I came to the conclusion that there is no god around the time I turned 17.<br />
I understand what people get out of religion, I just can't feel the same way. I've been moved by religious rites (christian and otherwise), but more out of the feeling of community than any "holy spirirt" running through me. I guess I think too much.

Best Answer

Most don't feel any particular way about God, like most people don't feel any way about the Tooth Fairy. God a myth, a non-entity to them.

Best Answer

I'm Agnostic. I don't believe in religion or Jesus and I'm iffy on God. However I do believe in fate.

Best Answer

What do you want our thoughts, beliefs, point of view on? When it comes to god(s), we don't believe they exist. Kind of hard to build on that ba<x>se.

Best Answer

I want to know why you chose to believe that there is no God. Why you believe in evolution instead of The Creation. Why you don't believe in miracles and instead believe in fate. Why is God so hard for people to Believe in?

Best Answer

AM i feeling a thumper attack in the offing?

Best Answer

their is no objective evidence to support the idea of any god, much less one of the many specific god claims made throughout time. evolution is fact, i dont have to believe in it or not to validate it, however i choose to accept the scientific findings. creation is not backed by any evidence. define miracles? and i dont believe in fate either. god isnt hard for people to believe in, the majority of people on earth believe in some god or another, or a different version of the same supposed god. im assuming you believe in a god, you also reject belief in many other gods, i doubt you find that difficult.

Best Answer

Dude, this person is 16-17 yrs old! (not saying that's a bad thing). I'm saying I think you're being a little harsh towards someone that young. They asked an honest quesiton, I'm sure you gave your honest answer. The part of "I doubt you find that difficult" was a tad harsh. This person is obviously asking because they find it difficult...?

Best Answer

Oh I didn't mean to be harsh, no. Just offered up a perspective that every person, regardless of their beliefs understands-disbelief in far more god claims then those that they accept. Even the world's most convinced believer rejects belief in god claims. They accept one. The rest, no. Its a simplification, sure, but that's a difference between atheists and theists, we find disbelief in every god claim, they reject all but one. Christians don't think twice about the claims of Islam, they find it very easy to reject them, yes?

Best Answer

We don't feel ANY way about god since we think it's just a myth that humans need to keep going through the hardships of life.

Best Answer

I don't actually feel anything about god. I don't even really know what theists are on about when they say god. It feels no different to me to hear a theist talking about god than it does hearing a child talking about unicorns or something.

Best Answer

U wouldnt be calling them atheist if their not, right. :)

Best Answer

Which God? There have been dozens throughout civilization. So far, there hasn't been a lick of evidence for any of them.

Best Answer