40yearoldfreshman 40yearoldfreshman 41-45, M 18 Answers Aug 12, 2012 in Community

the same reason as New Zealanders do..it's correct.

Best Answer

My question really wasn't meant to be sarcastic though. I was curious if there was a real reason for the term? Do they call a womans rear end, her boot. Short for booty?

Best Answer

i never took it as sarcastic. no, "booty" is american slang, but universally known. I don't know why the americans have changed english about.

Best Answer

Same reason we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway - huh ?

Best Answer

Why do Americans call the boot the trunk?

Best Answer

I could at least reason that a cargo trunk might be similar, like the old sea fairing trunks with all the destinations stuck to the outside?

Best Answer

why do Americans call the boot of a car the trunk?<br />
and please, we didn't learn English- the language the English erm created- properly? We're not the ones we pronounce herb 'urb' or cumin 'qumin'. I like colour how it was thanks.

Best Answer

Why do the British call soccer, football?

Best Answer

im british but dont say bonnet or boot.14

Best Answer

Why do American people refer to the boot of a car as trunk? Or better why can't American people speak and spell English properly?

Best Answer

Because they never learned English properly!

Best Answer

Same as calling the car a sedan instead of a saloon.

Best Answer

Thank you for that bit of knowledge. My wife and I have been watching a show called Top Gear, and couldn't figure out what they were referring to when they called a car a saloon.

Best Answer

Ahhh lol. Awesome show that.

Best Answer

Something about a ****. Or was that about the hood....

Best Answer

Because that's what we ve
always called it lol,no seriously I have no idea.We all have different words for different things..Why do you call it a trunk?😊

Best Answer