Seriously, I can't go into the bathroom without at least one cat following me. I've even had to take a shower with the cat in the room (he sleeps in the sink) because he refuses to leave. WHAT is the obsession with the bathroom?!
alicia87 alicia87 22-25, F 31 Answers Jul 29, 2009

My mom's cats like to drink out of the tub..

Best Answer

its the moisture in the air and they love you. mine do it to

Best Answer

In a cats' mind, there is no room that a cat cannot enter. My two will follow me into the bathroom, jump into the closet if I open the door, try to wriggle past me to get into the kitchen cabinets, squeeze between my legs to try to stuff themselves into the home entertainment center where I keep my DVD's, you name it. The worst is when the boy and I are trying to have some "alone" time in the bedroom. They will literally fling themselves against the door and howl like they are being slaughtered to get in. That's a cat for you!

Best Answer

they believe that there is a secret exit and you will escape!

Best Answer

I have an usual theory.. it is said that cats absorb negatively, which is another reason why they rub up against you (not just to get their smell onto you)... I also believe as we Muslims do, that bathrooms are some of the places where Jinn live (like there are angels, and people, there are jinn - made of smokeless fire).. they too have choice to follow good or evil.. maybe your cat senses there is something negative in there and is trying to protect you?

- it's just a theory.. then again, maybe not .. **Cue twightlight music**

Best Answer

I honestly don't know the answer, but my two cats - and every cat I've ever owned - do it, too. If the door is shut, they scratch at it and their little paws reach under the door. If the door isn't shut, they stroll in, sit on the mat and stare. If I'm in the shower, they are waiting for me when I come out. If I'm in the tub, they perch on the rim and sniff the bubbles.

Actually, I think it's a door thing. They don't like closed doors. I have a room in my house with three exterior doors. If one is closed and two are wide open, they'll go to the closed one and demand to be let out THAT DOOR. No other door will do.

Best Answer

Because, they are purrverts.

Best Answer

They go in the bathroom to see if the litter in your litter box is better than what you put in theirs.

Best Answer

cats are curious by nature....closed doors are a challenge...they just want to see what you are up to so they might be able to lend a helping paw.....or get into things they are not suppossed to

=^..^=

Best Answer

that's a good question... I currently have 5 cats: 2 adults and 3 kittens... ALL of them but the adult male will follow anyone into the bathroom if the door isn't shut all the way. If the door is shut, you'll see the little paws poking through under the door...

Best Answer

I have 3 cats and I live by my self so I don't close the bathroom door unless I have to. When I go to the bathroom all three cats try to get attention and at least one of them lays a big stinky one in the litter box. It drives me nuts!!! That my private time! I've tried going and bothering them when they are doing their business and they don't like it. So I don't get why they do it to me:( Cats are wierd!!

Best Answer

I don't close bathroom doors (unless I have company) and I don't give the cats any way to play with water while I am in there - and still - one or the other or both will come tearing in when they realize I am in the bathroom alone. I fully believe that my cat thinks he needs to "guard" me. Possibly - in the wild - you are vulnerable when eliminating and they still have a sense of that. Or what that person said about "Jinn" But he always acts like he is coming to the rescue and guards until I exit. I always thank him for his concern.

Best Answer

lol..I thought my cat was the only one... :p

Best Answer

i think mine do it because they believe i am withholding some fabulous mystery from them - then they become convinced that you're hiding something from them

Best Answer

Cats follow us into the bathroom because for all of cat/human history, until the advent of indoor plumbing, clearing the outhouse of rodents and mice was their primary job! If a mouse ran across your feet while you did your business, you got another cat who knew where he was supposed to be.

For thousands of years cats were trained in this behavior, so you can't really expect that we've bread it out of them in a mere hundred years or so.

Best Answer

Mine just wants to make sure we are not useing her litter box

Best Answer

I was thinking of asking this same question. My cats always have to follow me into the bathroom. It can be useful in the winter though. We don't have heat in the bathroom so when I use the toilet I keep a cat on my lap to help keep warm.

Best Answer

My kitten does the same thing! While she's in the bathroom, she expects a pet on the head. Or if she gets shut out, she's sing what I call "Meowlight Sonata" (default name for her persistent meows, typically when she wants attention or food with more than one variation of the sound in one sitting).

Best Answer

They come in there to praise you for using the toilet. They say, "GOOD PERSON!!! You're a-goin in the potty!!! Look at you! Being a good person!"

Best Answer

yea i was wondering that too, whenever i go in the bathroom my cat sits at the door and meows as loud as she can, then as soon as i open the door she runs in...looks around suspiciously then leaves lol...

Best Answer