I've seen cans of paint representing these colors and neither race matches the name. What's up with that? And asians aren't yellow nor are native americans red. Where did these things originate?
Forko23 Forko23 56-60, M 16 Answers Aug 16, 2012 in Hobbies

Originally some states legally declared people Negro if they were 1/32 black and insisted they had to be segregated from the white population. These could be people with red hair and green eyes who today we'd call white, but the bigotry of the times would not allow so they were called Negro instead. Thomas Jefferson, for example, owned a slave with red hair and green eyes. Since segregation ended we've started calling people black instead of Negro if they just look African and have dark skin. Not exactly a huge leap forward, but certainly an improvement.<br />
Calling white people Caucasian is a mouthful and pink just doesn't cut it. Originally Latinos like Mexicans were called brown, but today they're often thought of as white. Go figure.

Best Answer

I like your answer. You obviously have no problems using your mind to communicate your ideas. I tip my hat to you!!

Best Answer

We're lazy.<br />
Race is a social construct anyway, we're all very genetically similar and very intermixed.<br />
I'm "white," but I actually look slightly brown in the publicly-showable parts because I get subjected to lots of solar radiation.<br />
Now English Caucasians...they're practically so white they glow in the dark...

Best Answer

oh but there are red indians in and around utah and colorado well more copper colored but definite red hue and there are white americans and black americans would u prefer if we just refered to ourselves as clear

Best Answer

1. We're lazy.<br />
2. White is easier to spell than caucasian for most people. Black is shorter than african american.

Best Answer

There are no terms that would be entirely accurate in terms of race in the US so people just go with what's easy, and PC.

Best Answer

I call myself bronze

Best Answer

Skin color.

Best Answer

Mine's real close to the color of Silly Putty

Best Answer

I will call you silly putty colored then ^_^

Best Answer

works for me O - O

Best Answer