IMAGINATIONATWORK IMAGINATIONATWORK 36-40 18 Answers Apr 2, 2013 in Community

Great question:<br />
In the past 70,000 years or so, there have been at least three great migrations of hominids out of Africa, as well as at least two migrations back into africa. The shapes of various races' noses have changed in accordance to the types of lives they have led -- just as birds' beaks have changed in accordance to the lifestyle THEY have lived. <br />
Now, why are birds' beaks SOOO different from one another, while humans' noses (although different) aren't all that far apart? The answer is that hominids had only about 70,000 years, and we generally have 4 or 5 generations per century. Now compare that with birds who have evolved over countless millions of years, AND they may have 300 or more generations per century. More time and more opportunity leads to more change in morphology (shape).

Best Answer

is there a possibility that humans will evolve in the future?am asking this because you can tell the difference in an black person who lives in say Europe or America and one who lives in Africa,in teams of of noise and skin colour

Best Answer

There is not only a possibility, it is an inevitability that humans will continue to evolve. There is no so-called "end point" to evolution.

Best Answer

I think Candid has the best answer.

Best Answer

Who knows?

Best Answer

Evolution at work.<br />
Ofc, I'm going to put up a disclaimer and say that we're all equally valid as humans. A few hundred years of divergent evolution is less than a grain of sand in the hourglass of our collective species.

Best Answer

Genetics.

Best Answer

Caucasians: Most places populated with mostly whites are moderately or humidly weathered, and in the past, white people didn't have to run as vigorously in very hard breathing conditions which allowed their nostrils to evolve in such a way as they narrowed to fit conditions. Plus, they were a very VAIN race (has it's pros and cons... Mostly cons :P) and only bred with those who were... Physically and sexually appealing which were usually rich people since rich men tried to find beautiful girls- but now I'm rambling. NEXT SUBJECT! :)<br />
Asians: Due to skull structure, and the mentality of "I'll be your spouse if you can work" (which is why us Asians have succeeded so much, lol) we have flat noses (but many Koreans, Japanese, and Vietnamese have narrow and pointy noses). Also, studies have shown that we have softer cartilage levels, especially in the earlier stages of life. That's also one of the reasons why my mom (and various other moms of my friends) have pinched our noses as children so they'd be slender (another vain race) NEXT SUBJECT!<br />
African Americans: Due to past history, having to survive solely on brawn, running from and hunting for prey in such warm weather caused the nostrils to expand to allow intake to become maximum capacity so you could live in your conditions and not faint and die in the vast, dry plains. Though, certains parts of Africa were partly forested<br />
Indians: They have a broad mix, I can't answer this subject perfectly, but to say the least? My guess would be because of their high surgery mix. I dunno if it's just me, but... I'm really social and have come across many of this race who're SERIOUS asian-weeaboo's and, well... It may sound a bit opinionist but, I don't mean it in any sort of offensive way. Observations!<br />
These are scientifically proven answers, and I hope they answered your questions! Though, the Indian one was kinda free-balled, it came off of an educated guess and a little bit of research and observation. So... Yeah! Bai~

Best Answer

That's true, but it seems like these days few people have true palingenetic features. Due to the product of interracial couples over the centuries, you find more white people with less pointy noses than would otherwise be the case; you find more Asians with with less flat noses; and more blacks with less broad noses. When you see a true race, then you know it. For instance, if a white person has noses that are flatter than normal or broader than normal, then that's probably indicative of mixing at some point in their history. Likewise, for blacks and Asians. I would say that my own nose varies from my racial orientation. Nobody knows why God chose to make one group's features this way or that, but--from this starting point--He gives us the ability to reproduce and we can decide who we will have sex with. If generation after generation a group decides to have sex with their own--for the most part--then(as in Asia, England, or Africa) they keep their features, but--when it does mix(America)--then features will be changed from the original. For future generations, genes are how we are structured at the unseeably infinitesimal levels that change as we mate. Hopes this helps!

Best Answer

Attraction: A woman who is usually most attractive overall--probably has a mixture of each race's best features. In my opinion, black women are more beautiful when their noses aren't nearly completely broad(make or break as far as beauty for me). White women are more beautiful when their noses aren't nearly completely narrow or pointy(make or break for me). White women have softer colors in every conceivable way; while, black women have softer(and/or thicker), more agile bodies in every conceivable way. Even if whites have fleshier bodies than usual, they generally go down and sideways more so than ballooning outward. |{[This dynamic for both can be a benefit and negative; it is negative(whites)/beneficial(blacks) as far as looks, but beneficial(whites)/negative(blacks) as far as weight distribution.]}| Each of the physical positives for each race are probably equally romantic. When they(races) merge(I believe nationalities were formed this way--it makes too much sense for it not to be: look at natural Jews-- for instance); certain negatives and positives are passed on or merge. Other races or multiraces having more of these positives than negatives are generally more attractive to me--when I consider other races. I can be physically attracted to any woman that has a combination of physical, beautiful features. Color doesn't matter, because each racial/multiracial woman can have a combination of beautiful, attractive features. Of course, love of their innate qualities/yearnings is far more important, but that's another issue altogether.

Best Answer

The same reason panthers have small noses.

Best Answer

Why do rats have beady eyes?

Best Answer

Caucasians have more then a dozen of types of noses and not all of them a sharp and pointy. Mine isn't. <br />
Usually only the aquiline and push-up nose types are like that. <br />
Also some sub-saharan african have noses similar to east asians.

Best Answer

african american - warm climate - can easily inhale warm air so big nostrils<br />
Causacians - cold climate - cold air not good for lungs - small nostrils - air gets warmed before entering also volume and drainage of cold air entering lungs reduced

Best Answer

I think those of you with the very "LONG" and "Personal" answers, were answering with a personal point of view. Personal choice may or may not have played a role in the evolution of the "white" race. Those of you who are not white (or with short noses) can assume (ie., ***, YOU, ME) that it had something to do with vanity, pride or one of the other deadly sins. Neither of my grandparents have MY long narrow nose… One was German/Jewish and the other, Frankish, but mine is extremely long and pointed… Explain that!!! I have two first generation North African friends with long hook pointed noses. Please do NOT give "factual" answers ba<x>sed on what you personally feel caucasian historical character/choice is ba<x>sed on if you are not caucasian. If you give BS answers ba<x>sed on personal feelings toward another race; you are giving an UNeducated answer. The question was why do Caucasians have sharp pointy noses, which I believe has nothing to do with "VANITY"… <br />
A fraction of an inch is such a minute difference that it may have little meaning when comparing species concerning evolutionary changes; however, I feel it may have something to do with personal preference. If you look at animal attraction, there are many ways that our bodies evolve to meet expectations of the opposite sex… "What is attractive within a society when animal instinct does not matter"??? Just a thought after looking at the recent changes in American female *** size: lol…

Best Answer

I think its an evolution and/or adaptation thing.

Best Answer