RobertaSunset RobertaSunset 36-40, F 33 Answers Mar 15, 2011

Few Christians actually do what the Bible tells them to.

Best Answer

This is largely true and I could cite many examples. For one, while the Bible calls for Christian husbands to take the lead in spiritual matters, they are supposed to allow their wives to "rule in domestic matters" (I Timothy 5:14; Weymouth's version). The Greek word here is "oikodespoteo" -- meaning to rule the household.

Best Answer

Christians can eat anything they want.<br />
Acts 10 <br />
Then he became very hungry and wanted to eat; but while they made ready, he fell into a trance 11 and saw heaven opened and an ob<x>ject like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to the earth. 12 In it were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air. 13 And a voice came to him, “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” <br />
14 But Peter said, “Not so, Lord! For I have never eaten anything common or unclean.” <br />
15 And a voice spoke to him again the second time, “What God has cleansed you must not call common.”<br />
Romans 14:14 The Law of Love<br />
14 I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. 15 Yet if your brother is grieved because of your food, you are no longer walking in love. Do not destroy with your food the one for whom Christ died. 16 Therefore do not let your good be spoken of as evil; 17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 For he who serves Christ in these things[e]is acceptable to God and approved by men. <br />
19 Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another. 20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All things indeed are pure, but it is evil for the man who eats with offense.

Best Answer

Finally an intelligent answer written without hatred or judgement. Thankyou for your time and consideration.

Best Answer

Because for christians the bible isn't a list of sayings to be read without context or intelligent analysis. The same bible explains the reason very clearly. If you're really interested - which i'm assuming you're not - you could find these explanations in there.

Best Answer

Why do you follow a book that was written by man and not God? The words of God always get twisted by men. Look at the world today. Spare me. It's just plain ridiculous to profess their "love" to their God while bombing everyone and everything in sight. Why can't people fathom the sheer stupidity of it all? I just don't get it. I try to make sense of it and try to develop a logical explanation for it all and I can't. The religious and political wars are just nonsensical. That is why I believe that they are waged to benefit only a small amount of people. They blind us with their sleeping potion so they can do all these shady things under our unsuspecting gullible noses. :(

Best Answer

It isn't actually stupid - the creation of habits is the stuff that binds groups together and creates a common culture. Extremism and closed mindedness is stupid because it emphatically excludes others. But an uninsistent faith not forced on anyone is... perfectly understandable. (btw I'm a dyed in the wool atheist)

Best Answer

Okay. Sorry, I went on a tangent. Whatever you want to believe is fine. It's your prerogative. I am not an atheist because I really do think that their is a higher power than us. Of course that is probably true, because lesser beings than ourselves exist. Are they Gods? I suppose they were according to our ancestors. I still believe that their is an ultimate creator of the universe.

Best Answer

If you accept that there is a higher creator but do not commit to any particular religion because of the faults of man, you are left hanging without guidance, it's like trying to get somewhere without looking at a map. That's crazy imo. Atheists have it far easier than agnostics I think, Atheists are no longer trying so they don't worry which map to read, on the other hand they are going nowhere either, better I think to make a leap of faith even if it does end up to be a dead end.

Best Answer

yes, I agree.

Best Answer

OK, well it's the 'book' of the Abrahamic faiths, whoever wrote it, that keeps a cohesive culture together, regardless of individual spiritual beliefs. Not 'believing' doesn't make a person evil, just as 'believing' doesn't rule out the possibility of common sense

Best Answer

We agree on a lot, especially about the common sense part but if you look into each of the Abrahamic faiths, they contradict each other so ultimately I felt compelled to choose, I would have walked away from Christianity if there hadn't been so much that supported logic and the personality of a Christian God is someone who is easy to love. I don't believe that non believers are evil either, lost.... yes I find that very sad but definitely evil. I also advocate reading the Bible yourself and forming your own opinions, so many of the so called Christian denominations seem to have it totally wrong, at least their priorities in the wrong place.

Best Answer

Lol....definitely NOT evil.... best not start anything over a typo :o)

Best Answer

LOL - i knew what you meant

Best Answer

Some typos happen at the worst possible moment lol, you have to be so careful!!

Best Answer

its also cuz back in the day before refrigerators, in the desert, pigs and such would spoil hella fast, so they were like "hey... dont eat that, cuz u will die!"<br />
in other words its out dated.<br />
and yes, i agree with bittendog, bacon is ******* delicious

Best Answer

It is not necessary to eat any meat at all, I don't know why anyone eats meat with all of the other options.

Best Answer

That's true. I still find myself eating it though. :(

Best Answer

Hi
Because it tastes good.
Muslims do not eat Pork but they love their bacon.

Anyway the Koran says if a man is hungry he can eat anything because to starve the body you are desecrating the temple of the body So under certain circumstance Muslims can eat Pork

I actually think this has all been twisted because if not cooked properly Pork is like chicken and can cause a poisoning that could be fatal in some.

Any to spend time worrying about all this bullshit will send you to early grave through stress forget about the sin and the poisoning

Bio

Best Answer

Read the whole thing.This time more carefully .

Best Answer

Good advice, I will.

Best Answer

Because (and IMHO Especially the religious) Do what they want to do and try after the fact to justify their own behavior.

Best Answer

Hi
Of course they do all religions kill and plunder and does not matter how they justify it they kill innocent babies during their wars who have never hurt a soul so how can all this be justified by people who think they are going to heaven or doing it for Allah or whatever entity they think it is ok to kill for.

All religions are the same none any better than the other they should all be abolished

Bio

Best Answer

The real reason why the Jews were really forbidden to eat pork is because they never said this in the Bible but it's true, pigs are cannibalistic, they will eat their own kind. True fact, but you won't get too many people to admit this.

Best Answer

and they eat their own poo (which dogs also do)

Best Answer

I watched my brothers dog eat their babies poo so it's not just their own poo lol!!

Best Answer

Pigs eat each other??? That is the first time I ever heard that!!!

Best Answer

Well THANK YOU for piquing my curiosity. I typed "Are pigs cannibals?" into yahoo and got the following lovely result - http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AtDq1DxoW0VoQbmUuv9BcOabvZx4?p=are+pigs+cannibals%3F&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-900. I hope to God those images aren't real.

Best Answer

Honestly
Because pigs eat each other ? They are cannibalistic.
SO ARE HUMANS they ate each other when that plane crashed and the survivors had to eat each other to survive.

Hey that was one good thing about the cannibals in Borneo they ate the missionaries. But the cannibals in Borneo were human too.

Best Answer

Hi
Humans drink their own urine Ghandi did and also people in the desert lost and dying of thirst have been known to do it too.

Bio

Some of your best vegetables are grown on sewer allottments

Best Answer

Hi
Fish do too and nibble of human remains too people eat shark how do we know what that shark has recently eaten and digested. remember people get buried at sea haven't you guys ever seen a ship burial.
You think those bodies remain there ?
Prawns (shrimp) are known for it too

we humans try to justify ourselves with a load of crap humans do some diabolical things but if an animal does it it is not good.

Remember that is all we are. Bottom line your born the same way and you die the same way as any other animal on this earth.

Bio

Best Answer

Dogs eat feces because there's undigested food in it.

Best Answer

Jews have a Jewish soul that makes them part of the covenant of Abraham by birth. That soul is harmed by un kosher foods. Lack of circumcision also harms the Jewish soul. <br />
Gentiles are not harmed by such foods.

Best Answer

Hi
What a load of crap their soul is no different to ours and while at it not sure it was the jews that were responsible for the crucifixion either
lots of different people in that country but all of the same colour and to outsiders all looked the same. But jews getting the blame because it was in their territory.

Bio

Best Answer

To understand this, we have to start in Genesis. In 9:3, God said to Noah and his sons, i.e., mankind, "Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you, as I gave the green plant." So they were perfectly free to eat such animals then. <br />
It is at Mount Sinai in Leviticus 11 that the main body of kosher food laws is given to Moses. They are addressed to "the sons of Israel", and in 11:7 it says such animals shall be "unclean TO YOU (emphasis added)", not unclean period. In my study of the Pentateuch I have come across a few verses which actually give express permission for foods forbidden to the Hebrews to be eaten by Gentiles living in the Holy Land. The Bible is completely silent as to why the Hebrews were given the kosher laws. Assertions of medical rationale don't quite hold up; no meat should be eaten uncooked. And why would they not be forbidden in Genesis as well as Leviticus if the rationale was medical? My own unauthoritative opinion is that it was meant to encourage the Hebrews to be distinct from the pagan nations.<br />
In Acts 10 Peter had a trance/vision in which he saw a cornucopia of non-kosher animals and God told him "Get up, Peter, kill and eat !" 14 But Peter said, "By no means, Lord, for I have never eaten anything unholy and unclean." 15 Again a voice came to him a second time, "What God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy." 16 This happened three times, and immediately the ob<x>ject was taken up into the sky."<br />
Subsequently Peter was convinced of a certainty that the Holy Spirit was telling him to receive uncircumcised Gentiles who had not been made into quasi-Jews into the church. A small minority of Christians insist that only the metaphorical significance of Peter's dream and not the literal import should be followed by Christians. Therefore they preach that Christians must abstain from non-kosher foods. But in the Bible God does not use evil things as a metaphor for good. He uses evil as a metaphor for evil and good things as a metaphor for good.<br />
And it is pretty much certain that Peter did proceed to eat pork. What else could Paul have had in mind in Galatians 2:14 when he reminded Peter : "...you, being a Jew, live like the Gentiles..."? Certainly not fornication or idolatry! Several passages in Paul's epistles, including 1 Timothy 4:3-4, clearly support the interpretation that the kosher food laws are defunct in the New Covenant era. Hebrews 9:10 refers to "food and drink and various washings, regulations for the body imposed until a time of reformation." Therefore Christians don't engage in the ritual washings prescribed by the Old Testament law or abstain from the non-kosher foods.<br />
So the people who say Christians are ignoring what the Bible says on this are ill-informed.

Best Answer

Thanks, I was asked this by an atheist and didn't have an answer for him. Now I do!

Best Answer

I don't think it's a salvation issue.( people don't go to hell for eating bacon ) but I I certainly don't want to eat something that God declared is not food for me. science proves that all the unclean meats retain toxins in their bodies. it just wasn't made to be food. oysters, lobsters and such are the garbage disposals of the oceans. they do a great job cleaning up our waters, because their bodies consume AND retain the toxins.

Best Answer

Oh dear. I love sea food!

Best Answer

The same reason they beat people into submission back in the day, and rewrote the bible. Because they do what ever they want, believe what ever they want, and think their way is the only way. Just like so many other religions do. That's why I claim no religion, and believe God is the only one who can judge me. By the way I try not to eat any animal.

Best Answer

Actually the bible does not say that. It says they can not eat the meat of a split hoofed animal that does not chew its cud. Mostly this eliminates pigs.<br />
And ... well ... bacon tastes good.

Best Answer

One of the great mysteries of religion and the bible, I do not care and 98% of the population of the UK, do not know or care.

Best Answer

Because they wanted to spite and set themselves apart from Jews.

Best Answer

According to 1 Timothy 4:4

Best Answer

Why did Noah bring 7 pairs of every clean animal with him and only 1 pair of unclean?

Best Answer

If you were going to live on a boat with them, wouldn't you want the clean ones?

Best Answer

LOL! But without mocking the word, he brought one pair of every type of unclean animal and 7 pairs of every type of clean animal. (Genesis 7:2 "Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that [are] not clean by two, the male and his female. ") The question is, how did he know about clean and unclean?

Best Answer

God told him or maybe it was just common knowledge :o)

Best Answer

Basically I am replying to conceptualclarity's point that that laws concerning clean and unclean animals were not given until Moses, when Noah clearly knew what animals were clean and unclean even Before he was given permission to eat them.

Best Answer

mostly christians not follows religion and they have left religious things

Best Answer

My god, such disinformation. As a secular person who simply reads, in the bible are the specific animals that are prohibited - in addition to those with a split hoof that do not chew their cud (that is regurgitate their food), other animals that are not "allowed" were specifically named including rabbit, pig, birds of prey bottom dwellers, fish without scales etc. Interesting how when the "Messiah" came (a superbeing that is NOT supposed to be god who would bring all dead soles back to life which ofcourse never happened) god determined that all those rules which were the difference between being pure or impure were no longer relevant and that - now there would be a new covenant that would erase all the rules he thought were important for man kind. Is there a reason why the ten commandments are still relevant?

Best Answer