LadyGypsy LadyGypsy 36-40, F 13 Answers Sep 11, 2013 in Pet Peeves

Makes you want to charge them for lost work time, doesn't it.

Best Answer

Yepper Doodles!!!

Best Answer

Yes. I told my family doctor that one day, and he said *Oh, give me a break. Your time isn't worth that much* I found a new family doc. Never went back to him again.

Best Answer

Same reason airlines overbook flights, they think there will be some "no shows"...

Best Answer

Is that world wide?

Best Answer

Because they get behind when other people are late for their appointments...

Best Answer

I always wonder if they would keep us waiting if they had to pay us for our time. 20 bucks for every hour or part of an hour that they are late for our appointment. I sat in a doctor's office for four hours waiting to be seen, along with dozens of others.(I counted the seats. There were 60 chairs and they were all full and there were some standing) These were mostly people of 70 years and older. Some waited at least as long as I did and maybe longer. He booked all of his patients for 9 am, and took them in order of arrival. To be seen before noon, you have to arrive at 7 am to line up and be one of the first people to register.

Best Answer

It is not the doctor, it is the staff, trying to overbook the doctor, to insure a healthy paycheck.

Best Answer

Because they overbook = $$, and we need them. Same with medications. The medical world is quite a racket.

Best Answer

just to give you the impression that they're very busy and have lot's of patients ........ some ppl like that ...... if the doctor called you within few minutes ..... then you start to think over the time that the doctor has no patients and he is just hitting bugs in his office :D

Best Answer

Idk so that way they feel important

Best Answer

Because you are at their service.

Best Answer

So you don't keep them waiting even one minute.

Best Answer