It's a good way to make money. It's the same in Canada. A good family friend of ours was a matron (highest grade nurse) in the UK and had to resit all her exams before she could work in Canada. After shelling out over a thousand dollars and 6 months later, she's back to being in charge of her ward. They know these people are what they say they are, but they cream them for all they can.

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply. I have someone that I love very much, the person has been trying for over the last two years now to move back to the states. The person just graduated from med school from an EU country. We want to spend our lives together, but there is a lot of work that goes into becoming a physican. I told my other half, to wait and maybe I could move to the EU instead. I think honestly, the doctors if they speak and write in fluent English and be able to pass the USMLE then only 1-2 years of residency should be required not dragged out any longer. I agree with all about the money. I think the states could use more docs from overseas as we seem to be losing ours due to insurance companies. I am happy for your friend that was able to work herself back into her position.

Best Answer

When in Rome...

Best Answer

So they can get professional indemnity insurance. Insurance co.s aren't about to take the word of an institution they cannot sue. Evil, moneygrubbing gits !

Best Answer

I wonder if we are all going to be taking care of ourselves here soon in the states with over the counter junk if the goverment cannot control the insurance companies? They are greedy little demons.

Best Answer

That level of profiteering at the expense of lives should be a UN violation.

Best Answer